[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

Can you add a mod that makes the bases function as decouplers? I used to be able to do that with a mod but it was way back for 2.4.4 of ProcFairings. The newer version doesn't work with that mod and it's a bit of a burden.

If not, can someone show me what to do to make that happen?

Edited by nanowinner

Can you add a mod that makes the bases function as decouplers? I used to be able to do that with a mod but it was way back for 2.4.4 of ProcFairings. The newer version doesn't work with that mod and it's a bit of a burden.

If not, can someone show me what to do to make that happen?

Here, I made this:

@PART[KzResizableFairingBase]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 100
explosiveNodeID = top
}
}

@PART[KzResizableFairingBaseRing]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 100
explosiveNodeID = top
}
}

Here, I made this:

{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 100
explosiveNodeID = top
}
}

{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 100
explosiveNodeID = top
}
}

This is the one I use. (EC resource is probably more than is needed for a launch but I also want to be able to go back later and de-orbit that stage)

@PART[KzResizableFairingBaseRing]:AFTER[ProceduralFairings]:NEEDS[ProceduralFairings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 0
explosiveNodeID = top
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.05
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 200
maxAmount = 200
}
}
@PART[KzResizableFairingBase]:AFTER[ProceduralFairings]:NEEDS[ProceduralFairings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 0
explosiveNodeID = top
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.05
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 200
maxAmount = 200
}
}
@PART[KzInterstageAdapter2]:AFTER[ProceduralFairings]:NEEDS[ProceduralFairings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 0
explosiveNodeID = top
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.05
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 200
maxAmount = 200
}
}

I can't get a blue outline to appear, so I can't put the fairings on correctly. They don't change size, they just stay the size of a single tile. Also, I have no parts called 'Side Fairing', there are just fairings. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've been really looking forward to using this mod and I can't get it working.

I can't get a blue outline to appear, so I can't put the fairings on correctly. They don't change size, they just stay the size of a single tile. Also, I have no parts called 'Side Fairing', there are just fairings. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've been really looking forward to using this mod and I can't get it working.

If you don't get a blue outline, the mod is most likely not installed correctly. Make sure that you put it in GameData folder in KSP, so that you have GameData/ProceduralFairings/ProceduralFairings.dll. If you had old version of PF, remove it before installing the new one.

The .dll is in there, alongside the KSPAPIExtentions.dll and a bunch of tga, cfg, and mu files. Program Files(x86)/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Procedural Fairings. This is the first time i've installed it, so i don't know what's up with it.

KSP doesn't have a proper installer so it doesn't inform Windows properly that it is a "safe" program. As a result, Windows gets very wary of it, and files that ought to be created in the KSP folder get placed somewhere else. (It's an anti-malware system.)

You need to move the KSP folder outside of program files. A good place would be C:\Games - you will need to create this folder. Then see if things are any better.

Good luck!

Hi!

I really love this mod and cannot live without it, but...

I am having a bit of an issue after installing the new procedural fairings (and RemoteTech 2 at the same time).

But when I am staging a rocket, the camera is trying to keep in the centre of mass between discarded stages and the active rocket.

This quickly means that the active rocket is soon push outside of the camera view.

It is really annoying bug, but I am just wondering if it is a known one, and if there is a solution.

But when I am staging a rocket, the camera is trying to keep in the centre of mass between discarded stages and the active rocket.

There were some reports, but the issue was in other mods. Try making a copy of KSP and remove (or add back) mods one by one to find out which cause it.

It looks like it depends on what your root part is too, especially if you set it to something that can't normally be root with Select Root plugin.

Personally, I used PF just fine with FAR, DRE, RT2 and Procedural Parts, as well as some other mods.

There were some reports, but the issue was in other mods. Try making a copy of KSP and remove (or add back) mods one by one to find out which cause it.

It looks like it depends on what your root part is too, especially if you set it to something that can't normally be root with Select Root plugin.

Personally, I used PF just fine with FAR, DRE, RT2 and Procedural Parts, as well as some other mods.

Longstanding conflict. Every time it comes up, somebody "proves" that a different mod is responsible.

In the past, it's been linked to the new ARM decoupler - is that the decoupler being used in the troublesome craft?

On this occasion, yes.

But the thing is, when I removed Procedural fairings, I could not reproduce the bug, so this is why I am thinking it is a problem with the mod.

It also happened on a 2.5m diameter rocket, so even if the ARM decoupler is problematic, I think it might be something else.

Only mods I am using are:

Proc Fairings

Remote tech 2

Kethane

Kas

Volumetric Clouds

Texture Replacer

FAR

I thank anyone who is helping :) I really cannot even play anymore without this mod.

Edited by Beale

But the thing is, when I removed Procedural fairings, I could not reproduce the bug, so this is why I am thinking it is a problem with the mod.

It also happened on a 2.5m diameter rocket, so even if the ARM decoupler is problematic, I think it might be something else.

Well, if you want me to look into it, post the .craft file, or send it to me. Otherwise I don't have much to start looking into.

Well, if you want me to look into it, post the .craft file, or send it to me. Otherwise I don't have much to start looking into.

Sure, here is the craft I was having trouble with:

Craft

But this is embarrassing, I re-installed the mod, but this time deleted the "Deprecated" folder.

Now I cannot reproduce the issue :) (at least yet). Maybe this was causing it?

Edit

Still happening.

You can see struts this time, still connecting to discarded boosters 100km below (left of image), camera is panning to try and view them both.

Same craft without PF installed has no problem.

25ac5ab650.jpg

Edited by Beale

On this occasion, yes.

Only mods I am using are:

Proc Fairings

Remote tech 2

Kethane

Kas

Volumetric Clouds

Texture Replacer

FAR

I thank anyone who is helping :) I really cannot even play anymore without this mod.

You forgot Module Manager. What version are you using? If it's not 2.1.5 download that version. Then try again.

Questioning.

Seems that we lost the ability to modify the wideness of the fairing by mouse dragging. Is me being dumb, or is a proper thing?

Also, there are alternate textures? Thanks in advance for your time answering.

Here, I made this:

{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 100
explosiveNodeID = top
}
}

{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 100
explosiveNodeID = top
}
}

Thank you so much for this!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the one I use. (EC resource is probably more than is needed for a launch but I also want to be able to go back later and de-orbit that stage)

@PART[KzResizableFairingBaseRing]:AFTER[ProceduralFairings]:NEEDS[ProceduralFairings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 0
explosiveNodeID = top
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.05
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 200
maxAmount = 200
}
}
@PART[KzResizableFairingBase]:AFTER[ProceduralFairings]:NEEDS[ProceduralFairings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 0
explosiveNodeID = top
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.05
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 200
maxAmount = 200
}
}
@PART[KzInterstageAdapter2]:AFTER[ProceduralFairings]:NEEDS[ProceduralFairings]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 0
explosiveNodeID = top
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.05
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 200
maxAmount = 200
}
}

Amazing idea man! I like it! Thank you!

Questioning.

Seems that we lost the ability to modify the wideness of the fairing by mouse dragging. Is me being dumb, or is a proper thing?

Also, there are alternate textures? Thanks in advance for your time answering.

The mouse re-sizing is no longer a thing. Instead, right-click on the base and use the tweak buttons to change the size - double-arrow buttons jump to the next standard part size, single-arrow buttons nudge the size slightly.

Procedural fairings doesn't provide alternate textures, but there are a few mods that provide alternative fairings with varying textures and shapes; KOSMOS is one such.

The mouse re-sizing is no longer a thing. Instead, right-click on the base and use the tweak buttons to change the size - double-arrow buttons jump to the next standard part size, single-arrow buttons nudge the size slightly.

And it's a much more awesome way to do it. I love the new tweakable-menu sizing controls. Much faster and accurate than the old mouse-dragging method.

My fairings will not properly separate from one of my boosters, necessitating their removal by cheaty time-warp ghosting. My ejection strength is 1 and my rotation power minimized: what should I do?

-Duxwing

My fairings will not properly separate from one of my boosters, necessitating their removal by cheaty time-warp ghosting. My ejection strength is 1 and my rotation power minimized: what should I do?

Check if you have struts attached to the fairings. Other than that, post or send me the craft file and the list of mods needed for it to be loaded.

I've got a weird problem with this mod on Linux 64 bit. The part attached to the outer node of interstage adapter detaches from there when the craft is loaded at the launch pad. I've got another installation of KSP on Windows 7 with absolutely same mods and everything is running well here. I've got some crafts made in Windows KSP with this interstage adapter and they work fine in Linux KSP but only before I re-attach a part to the outer node of interstage adapter.

Example:

064510178be1t.jpg

Here Mk1 command pod is the root part, it has got an interstage adapter with Mk1 lander can attached to it. When I launch this vessel the lander can with the adapter fall on the lander can.