What will you do when .21 hits?

llamatoes

The first think I will do will not be going to the mun, surprisingly. My first act will be trying out the new ASAS with my stock space shuttle to see how well it handles rapid changes in location of the CoM. I'm hoping it makes my shuttle super easy to fly.

Here's the craft I'm talking about:

So much to do... Let's see. I'll explore the Crew Facility, familiarize myself with whatever new parts there are, build a rocket with them, crew it with some Kerbals and visit the new Munar surface. Hopefully, testing the revamped ASAS along the way! Oh man, now I'm all excited.

i'll do a clean reinstall and restart from stratch,

1. not missing the day1 Eve launch window

2. when the Eve ship is on transit and before the other planet launch windows are not wide open yet, i will fly a land, and a station to the mun, also a lander and a station to Minmus

3. if isa mapsat and kethne still work with .21, i'll fly a polar probe there to start surveying too

then the moho window should be open by the time the surveying i done, launch to moho and duna

Wait for FAR to be updated to 0.21

Clean install followed by:

- FAR, because its tough to go back to the stock Aero model

- B9, KW Rocketry, and Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace parts packs - more good stuff to build rockets and planes with

- MechJeb 2.0.x - because the info is nice to have and sometimes I'm lazy

- TacFuelBalancer - keeps planes from going 'Aft-CG' and spazing out

- SubAssembly loader - makes building standard equipment easier

- KerbComAvionics - this is the RCS balancer - almost a must on SSTO spaceplance as it is very hard to properly position RCS units because the CG moves around

- Lazor Docking Camera - this should really be stock (since Romfarer is now on the dev team) as it provides the right camera angles for docking - i.e. right out the docking port. If you've ever seen how the shuttle docked to the ISS, they were basically flying off a camera (or window) right next to the docking port.

Then its time to rebuild my space station and space planes - try out that new ASAS.

1. Not update. Continue playing the current version (surly there's a way to do so).

2. Wait until mods update.

3. HyperEdit Duna Base Alpha back where it was (once HyperEdit is updated).

4. Make sure my modded parts still work with the new .cfg format.

Edited by Benie

Oh... And I'll see if the new ASAS makes it any easier for me to land a VTOL without doing the occasional backflip-crash.

Does anybody know if the new ASAS changes will change the way the avionics package works?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.