Ksp Instant orbit

Any way to get something to orbit instantly? Like a cheat if you will? I got an asteroid or 3 from space port, and I want to throw one into a large eliptical orbit around kerbin and go after it. I just want an easy way of getting it up there, wether its through consle commands, or what have you. Sorry fi this is a common question. Im not trying to cheat the game for proper rocket launches, I just see no feasible way of modofiying it in any way if its larger than the VAB itself.

Pardon my grammer.

I tried, the engines just bloody frak up. Any way I can pull this off with mechjeb instead of hyper edit? KSP for me already takes an ungodly 7+ minutes to boot up, much longer than my PC actually...

Mechjeb only has automation features and some rocket information, it can't hack your meteor into space like Hyperedit can.

I guess you could manually edit your persistence file instead of using Hyperedit, but that sounds fraught with risk

Not really "fraught", just remember what you changed incase you are absolutely horrible at coding, otherwise it is simple.

I used to use HyperEdit to get stuff to a planet, but for reasons. Reasons as in "I don't know how to get this thing off the ground or have it not spin out of control", and "So this rover is bugged again. I need to get it to this certain location, where it last was." Even HyperEdit isn't perfect when it comes to landing something. I have to make sure it lands correctly.

Normally I use MechJeb's Autopilot for pretty much everything I do "legit". Sometimes it's not as helpful as I want it to be. Other times it's a godsend.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.