Boats! In SPAAAACE!

Hello, fellow rocketeers! I have a challenge here for you: build a usable boat, then put said boat into orbit around Kerbin. You can only place it on the launch vehicle laterally, or in it's direction of aquatic travel. Hard mode will be to land it on a body with an ocean (not Kerbin, but do it if you want), and sail it around there. There will be a seperate category for modded ships, so please include what mods, if any, you use. There will also be categories for normal and hard mode, and those who go to Laythe will get a 25 point bonus (sorry Eve). Please post pictures of your process, or a link to an imgur album. Score will be determined by a combination of maximum water speed and tonnage. I hope to see some great ships, happy building!

Normal Mode, No Mods

TBD

Normal Mode, Modded

TBD

Hard Mode, No Mods

TBD

Hard Mode, Modded

TBD

I'm afraid you'll have to take my word for this one. I have done this, at least easy mode, and I think that the upgrade to hard mode is purely academic. My laptop is out of action atm, and I'm doing this from mobile. It is possible, and I'll upload screenshots as soon as I can. Sorry :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.