Rover won't turn left!

pretty much that's it. I can move forward, backwards and right but can't turn left.

I have tried remapping the keys, didn't work. engines are enabled, steering too, I have checked everything I could think of. =S

anyone encountered this problem?! can anyone slap me with an idea? =(

thanks!

Steering issues usually have to deal with how the wheels have been mounted to the chassis...only piece of advice I can offer besides "try restarting KSP".

Let's see your rover. A craft file would be helpful too. Rename it Zoolander in the meantime.

Okay, maybe not that last one...I'm trying to remember which way he couldn't turn and I'm blanking......

Steering issues usually have to deal with how the wheels have been mounted to the chassis...

it is a 6 wheeled behemoth I built and though I cannot provide you with a...picture of it nor with the file,

it cannot be the case.

I too have suspected it as much, so I built 2 other rover to see if that would help, one with the...symmetry 'ability', the other with placing each wheel manually.

I have not succeeded, neither of the 3 can turn left, like they do not recieve the command, but I have tought of that issue aswell.

I am without ideas, but I thank you for your effort.

If it's a damn heavy rover, have some of the wheels broken? Have you mounted the wheels upside down by accident? Are the wheels inclined at all?

3 out of 6 wheels broken, all 3 on the same side? I doubt that, and don't even have to check because as I said it's not the problem of my craft,

it is a general problem. but no, they are not inclined, they are not broken and no, I didn't have the...'luck' to mount them upside down.

each and every one of the rovers I build has the same problem.

I...know you didn't think of me as an idiot, but I'll tell you now: I'm not. I have thought -at least I think I did- of every possibility,

but anything I do, I encounter the very same problem. small rover or big, this type of wheels or that, remapping the keys or restarting the game/computer,

they just can't turn left...

what a headache... ;.;

3 out of 6 wheels broken, all 3 on the same side? I doubt that, and don't even have to check because as I said it's not the problem of my craft,

it is a general problem. but no, they are not inclined, they are not broken and no, I didn't have the...'luck' to mount them upside down.

each and every one of the rovers I build has the same problem.

I...know you didn't think of me as an idiot, but I'll tell you now: I'm not. I have thought -at least I think I did- of every possibility,

but anything I do, I encounter the very same problem. small rover or big, this type of wheels or that, remapping the keys or restarting the game/computer,

they just can't turn left...

what a headache... ;.;

pictures would help.

preferably pictures of you trying to turn in each direction.

If you have wheels at or near the center of the vehicle, be sure to disable steering on them, so you're only steering with the wheels at either end.

You may need more wheels, or dualies, if the vehicle is heavy enough, to avoid issues where the wheels are forced away from the frame.

try switching to docking mode, translation, to remove any capsule spin torque from the equation, and using 'control from here' on different command modules if there are multiple ones.

I'm not into this "upload a pic" stuff, but I give it a shot.

here:

2ly4nbq.png

2ltstx0.jpg

*Edit* it seems I have succeded uploading the pictures, on one of them I'm turning right, on the other I'm turning left.

I know it's a "look, here it does nothing!" kind of stuff. well, you just have to belive me that I'm pushing that button with all my might!

*Edit*

To answer you lot's questions: no, moving slower won't help,

yes, I can reserve steering direction but it did not solve the problem,

changing the controlling module won't help,

ecetera ecetera...

(there are 2 things I didn't try yet: reset options to default [i'm blind or I have no idea, can't find the "reset" option] and reinstall the game [last resort, which will come right now.])

I thank you but it CAN NOT be a problem of the vehicle(s). it's most likely a KSP problem on my end.

*Edit2*

this is one of the 3 I built. I used this as an example because it's the most simple of them all.

4 wheels and 1 electronic controll module or what's it called.

the other 2's bigger, with different controll modules, one with multiple (manned and unmanned) still I cannot make it turn left from any of them.

*Edit2*

Edited by Cyst
just.

I'm not into this "upload a pic" stuff, but I give it a shot.

here:

*Edit* it seems I have succeded uploading the pictures, on one of them I'm turning right, on the other I'm turning left.

I know it's a "look, here it does nothing!" kind of stuff. well, you just have to belive me that I'm pushing that button with all my might!

*Edit*

To answer you lot's questions: no, moving slower won't help,

yes, I can reserve steering direction but it did not solve the problem,

changing the controlling module won't help,

ecetera ecetera...

(there are 2 things I didn't try yet: reset options to default [i'm blind or I have no idea, can't find the "reset" option] and reinstall the game [last resort, which will come right now.])

I thank you but it CAN NOT be a problem of the vehicle(s). it's most likely a KSP problem on my end.

*Edit2*

this is one of the 3 I built. I used this as an example because it's the most simple of them all.

4 wheels and 1 electronic controll module or what's it called.

the other 2's bigger, with different controll modules, one with multiple (manned and unmanned) still I cannot make it turn left from any of them.

*Edit2*

Hmm, that is indeed very strange and seems to be a bug. I would try reinstalling KSP.

Does it do this with other wheel types too?

aaand...working...? so to speak.

no joystick nor gamepad was preventing me, and yes, it did and it is affecting every wheeltype.

it is working now with W-A-S-D after deleting the stettings.cfg, but bind it on other keys aaand no, I'm not allowed to turn left. o__________o

well, even if it'll be harder on low-grav. planets and moons, it's better than nothing.

thanks a lot, I'm gonna fly my behemoth to vall now x)

aaand...working...? so to speak.

no joystick nor gamepad was preventing me, and yes, it did and it is affecting every wheeltype.

it is working now with W-A-S-D after deleting the stettings.cfg, but bind it on other keys aaand no, I'm not allowed to turn left. o__________o

well, even if it'll be harder on low-grav. planets and moons, it's better than nothing.

thanks a lot, I'm gonna fly my behemoth to vall now x)

Hmmm.... my guess, and is only a guess, but there's probably a bug wherein the config file stores wheel controls separately from rotational, but the in-game configuration menu fails to set them seperately if you change them. I would bring it up on the bug forums, and, in the meantime you may be able to work around it by manually editing the settings.cfg file to change the rover control key bindings that way.

...in the meantime you may be able to work around it by manually editing the settings.cfg file to change the rover control key bindings that way.

how about no.

it's pretty much chinese to me, so I guess I'll just report it and let the professionals do the 'repair' part. :)

in the meantime I'll just find out how to get the status of the thread changed to "answered".

it's wooorkiing!!!

*Edit*

okey. can't find the flashing red button to change it.

it's probably hiding on the mün or something.

Edited by Cyst
'cause I'm in a good mood.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.