Transportniy Korabl Snabzheniya (TKS) Spacecraft

Scruce

How would you like the TKS? (See Reply #21 for details)  

1,566 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the TKS? (See Reply #21 for details)

• Staged
    • Unstaged

Without further ado, here are the parts of the spacecraft:

This is the Transportniy Korabl Snabzheniya in its complete configuration:

6531002377_325b14e968_b.jpg

Docking Module (DM) (In reality part of the FGB):

6531002629_2747b6ff9c_b.jpg

Functional Cargo Block (Funktsionalno-Gruzovoy Blok = FGB):

6531002851_fc5efeef64_b.jpg

RCS Block (In reality part of the FGB):

6531448785_212989ffa9_b.jpg

Return Vehicle (Vozvraschaemyi Apparat = VA):

6531003009_1118bd7d31_b.jpg

BSO (No idea what it stands for! :P):

6531003167_a67ee1b0f0_b.jpg

LAS (Launch Abort System):

6531003251_a2d4e6bbc8_b.jpg

And as a bonus, if you don\'t like the FGB, I made a simple DM-RCS adaptor:

6531448551_49c9085878_b.jpg

Are the solar panels part of the FGB model or are they also optional in KSP\'s case?

In real life, the solar panels are part of the Functional Cargo Block (FGB), yes. In Kerbal Space Program there is an option if you want to have solar panels or not, in the form of two different spacecraft.

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

In real life, the solar panels are part of the Functional Cargo Block (FGB), yes. In Kerbal Space Program there is an option if you want to have solar panels or not, in the form of two different spacecraft.

Why make two parts, if you can just make a separate solar panel attachment?

But which Tuesday? ;)

At this point, I don\'t even know.

http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Tuesday

Sorry to burst the bubble, but the Tuesday joke goes back much further than Kerbal (even if you didn\'t realize it) -

http://www.warbirddepot.com/aircraft_transports_c47-cfm.asp

The name of the airplane 'Mr. \'C\', It\'s Tuesday', comes from the joke that Mr. Cavanaugh (the museum founder\'s father) used to have this running deal that he\'d take care of something (anything) on Tuesday and then his employees would remind him on Tuesday that it was time to take care of it. :)

Sorry to burst the bubble, but the Tuesday joke goes back much further than Kerbal (even if you didn\'t realize it) -

http://www.warbirddepot.com/aircraft_transports_c47-cfm.asp

The name of the airplane 'Mr. \'C\', It\'s Tuesday', comes from the joke that Mr. Cavanaugh (the museum founder\'s father) used to have this running deal that he\'d take care of something (anything) on Tuesday and then his employees would remind him on Tuesday that it was time to take care of it. :)

I was very well aware that Orbiter is older than KSP, I was an orbinaut before KSP even existed.

The tuesday joke is actually from Star Trek: Generations, where all of the ships systems were not yet installed. Hence the quote: 'Let me guess, Tuesday?'

Now, enough Off-Topic.

You can never have too much off topic.... :) I\'m sure the joke goes way back before that as Mr. C retired in the early 1980s, well before even the first Star Trek movie. It probably could be traced back to some guy asking the foreman in charge of building one of the pyramids if one dug hard enough. For whatever reason, Tuesday seems to be the favorite day of procrastinators. :)

Sorry I didn\'t make a full sentence. Yes I know the first movie came out in 1979. Either way, I said he retired in the early 1980\'s. Does it not go to logic that the term came about sometime prior to that retirement? As the film came out in 1979, does it not make sense that it all started for Mr. C prior to that during his 40+ year career?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.