Multiplayer mod :)

Petumies

I know multiplayer is taken down when requested, so my attempt to create a multilpayer mod has been a succes. It's not complete. It has many bugs and errors, but I try the get rid of them. The first succes connection was 12.7.2013, so it was yesterday. I made it possible to communicate with other programs such as direct connect from Unity :3. (for modding). The mod works between internet, but is better in Lan, cause all the bugs and communication speed. I've tryed it with my friend via internet, but the delay was a bit too long to enjoy the game. Small groups are good for this mod. It starts to lag when about 12 players are connected to the same server. The mod works by spawning the craft which the player is controlling to the host's world. I think I will release the mod in the next 1-2 months. And if you know how to launch the mod from the start page, it would be nice you to tell it ;). Now it's a Part Module script so it's attached to a part :(. bD7Z4f8h.jpg Here's a picture of the first connection :). -Petumies

Not promising at all.

Not to be mean, but this thread says nothing and shows nothing.

There are fifteen dozen other multiplayer mods, publicized or not, that credibly display greater progress on the issue.

There is nothing here to say anything about one way or the other, except that the netcode in use is lacking and the adaptation from two clients to one is not able to account for any degree of lag.

Could become promising, but currently this is nothing at all.

Greys. This is a show of the progress. Just wait for updates later today or tomorrow. I'm currently working on the spawn script, so that multiple players can join from the same spawnpoint without creating any errors.

Wow, I can't believe how hard on this guy you guys are being. Obviously Petumies is proud of what he's managed to accomplish thus far and just wanted to share his progress. Sure that progress isn't a lot but he apparently felt he reached a milestone and posted to gather some encouragement. Everybody has to start somewhere.

@Petumies Keep up the good work and I hope to see more progress from you. Don't mind the sarcastic and/or negative responses.

These threads never last long simply because they are so frequently posted, I think it's best that this thread is closed and Petumies is allowed to continue working on his addon without the negativity.