Crosswalk/narrow passageway

zzz

z_Missing things(volume2):

I made some parts - it's structural element looking like kerbals can walk in it (in opposite to girder).

y10qPyi.jpg

It not fit at all and looks strange but maybe someone will find purpose for it. To place "docking adapter" by right way is really tricky (maybe need to make something with node direction, but at least it's works) - main rule is to have "long horns" on top and in direction of docking. It's working dock module to dock with standart(medium size) clamp-o-tron. Intended mostly for construction

PweN9oj.jpg

http://www./?ox1oac68zmb7thm

It's not something "in development", as well as any other my parts. Just thing as is.

Edited by zzz
minor .cfg tweaks

Please keep making parts. You have a great ability when it comes to part styling.

Amen to that, your parts have a real nice feel to them. Futuristic without being too far out there.

I do have a small question, when is the purpose of the "lock/unlock" option of the docking clamp? Is it just for looks?

Thanks for compliment but modelling is not my regular habit. Occasionally.

Amen to that, your parts have a real nice feel to them. Futuristic without being too far out there.

I do have a small question, when is the purpose of the "lock/unlock" option of the docking clamp? Is it just for looks?

I see someone actually tried it. Yes. it was idea to hide dock when build things for more solid look. It didn't work well and useless but looks cool.

Edited by zzz

HAHA!

One thing to understand about kerbal space program mods, the more useless it is, the more fun it is to have it! Even though it doesn't do anything, its a nice way to pretend there is some kind of airlock when you dock two things together.

Keep up the good work and keep those cool parts coming!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the animation for the locking mechanism, is very simple, but very satisfying. Not only are the models good, the animations are too!

Edited by erbmur

This looks perfect for Space Stations. But will it simulate Kerbals being able to go into, say habitation modules?

Also, some connector joints (like 3 or 4-way connectors to branch off these passageways) would be cool. :)

Edited by Benie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Thanks for compliment but modelling is not my regular habit. Occasionally.

Would you be willing to allow someone else to maintain, and possibly extend, it (assuming they show the same level of artistry)?

Holy necro, Batman!

Someone would have to take over and start maintaining this again, but the last post before wreckreation was over a year ago. If no one volunteers by the end of today I'll contact a mod for a thread lock to avoid any more necros.

Holy Jebediah's ghost (if he ever dies, and stays dead...) this is one really freakishly old thing. I got a bit excited before I saw the screenshots. Why must people dredge stuff this old up like that? It makes me feel old dag-nabbit.

zzz has publicly stated many times that *all* her/his works are public domain. You don't need permission to maintain them. If you wish to rerelease this (with credit) please start a new thread.

Sending this back to its peaceful rest...