[1.3] Starshine Industries: Extendable Nozzle

ganinian

Im having a little trouble on making airbags that actually work, and because school has started for me (unfortunately) the next release will be a little far away.

Edited by ganinian

Rockomax "Ditto" is my idea

- GregoxMun

It wasn't, although I've looked at your post and found that it perfectly matches my engine, could say we have similar brains.

P.S. Would you mind if I take your idea this time on the next engine, your rockomax poodle looks pretty interesting

Edited by ganinian

• 2 weeks later...

I love the look of your stock alike parts, and they elegantly fill holes left in stock parts, but I found that the parts, when unpacked, were 80+ mb, which is the same size as the whole 40+ parts FASA Gemini Pack. I really do love your stock-alike parts and they look beautiful, but is their anyway to reduce their memory footprint?

That's the thing about MBM files -they take up wicked amounts of space on your hard drive. However, once they get loaded into the game, they only take up as much as an equivalent png or tga file. Ganinian, I would suggest converting the MBM files into TGA files. They take up more space than PNG's, but due to a unity bug, PNG's load very slowly. TGA's are also a great choice as they allow the player to resize the textures as he sees fit, which is very complicated with MBM's. The addons memory footprint in-game, however, will stay the same, no matter what image format you use. Anyway, 6 512*512 files are maybe a bit much for one engine - maybe you could resize some of the textures?

What I came here to post: The Vigor looks quite a bit like a service propulsion system. Apparently, it is not a SPS, though. Great job on hitting the stock style, though. Great job indeed.

Could you make the return to flight version of the Athena which uses a Castor 30 instead of an Orbus-21D, could you also make a Athena III which is a Athena I with Castor instead of a orbus-21, regular first stage but there is a stage below tht with a 2.5 RSRB (like the one on the STS but only 2.5 segments instead of 6)

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.