[WIP] KerbTown v0.13 Beta - Place static buildings, cities, launch sites & more!

Razchek

Update 0.13 Beta Released I really do need to update the manual at this point.. Something I don't like doing lol. But i'll get onto it soon.
At least you took the effort, it has made the whole process much friendlier - even if its not updated it's still fantastic.

Yeah, been having issues with Mac installs it seems.

Is there another log that contains a stack trace on the mac (like there is on Windows)?

I don't own a Mac, so fixing it would be a lot easier if I can narrow down the issue.

Yeah, been having issues with Mac installs it seems.

Is there another log that contains a stack trace on the mac (like there is on Windows)?

I don't own a Mac, so fixing it would be a lot easier if I can narrow down the issue.

Well lets hope that it'll soon be mac compatible.You can also ask a friend with a mac for help.

Also i couldn't find any other output logs.

Here is the output_log.txt file:

http://www./download/aikv814mci38oas/output_log.txt

I still can't figure out how to get my buildings to save, hope this will help.

In that log you hadn't clicked Save Session at all.

Could you do the following:

1. Select your model in the KT GUI and click Create.

2. Deselect your static object.

3. Click Save Session.

4. Exit to Space Center

5. Reload the database.

6. Enter flight-scene.

7. If your objects are not there, ALT+F4 and send me the output_log.txt again please.

There should be a log in /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Unity/Player.log, which has more detailed information.

@ThatNoob; This ^ would be handy. Thanks for pointing out where that is skykooler.

Okay.. I had this problem yesterday also, but It was something in Unity that went wrong with the model it WAS NOT Kerbtown. After much stuffing around I recompiled the model and re-imported after changing some of my colliders and it worked OK.Why this happens I don't know, but on the odd occasion I will add a box collider to a part, and even tho the part is scale 1, the box collider spawns massive! like 5 x the size of the part it is supposed to be referencing. Thats what happened to me, the collider was out of whack and that was causing kerbtown not to save the config (I dont know why the two are related) but they were, and after fixing that collider and reimporting, it all went absolutely fine

Hey Devo, could you do a little favour? Just wondering if you could replace the Wayland Corp. logo with a british flag and replace the orange stripes with white? It would be amazing-er than that tower is already.

Do you accept code contributions? I have been using this plugin to develop my PAPI plugin but I needed to extend the way a plugin parses the config node as I need to have access the whole config node object. It is just a simple check if the component implements IConfigNode and an appropriate Load(ConfigNode) call if that is the case.

Is it possible to include this change in your code?

Thank you for this plugin, it is really useful :)

Letting everyone download unfinished works is bad for the plugin as a whole IMO. A development release now and then can't hurt but if all everyone is releasing is unfinished stuff it makes the plugin seem like just a waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Does anyone have any guidelines on how to position the "_spawn" object for launchpads? My launchpad seems to work fine on Kerbin and the Mun, but on Laythe for example, crafts are spawned a 100-metres in the air and left to fall.

I've tried putting the _spawn inside, flush with and above the collider mesh, but nothing seems to fix it. The arrows are also oriented the right way in Unity.

My apologies if this has been addressed in the preceding 500 posts. :P

I grabbed one of the runways shared earlier in this thread. I can place it just fine, and I can land on it just fine. The problem is I can't launch anything from it; any attempt to launch a vehicle results in an exploded vehicle the instant the flight scene loads.

Is there a solution?

For a Youtube video series, I want to launch all my missions from KSC2 if that's at all possible.

My apologies if this has been addressed in the preceding 500 posts. :P

I grabbed one of the runways shared earlier in this thread. I can place it just fine, and I can land on it just fine. The problem is I can't launch anything from it; any attempt to launch a vehicle results in an exploded vehicle the instant the flight scene loads.

Is there a solution?

For a Youtube video series, I want to launch all my missions from KSC2 if that's at all possible.

Which runway did you get? There could be something wrong with it

Which runway did you get? There could be something wrong with it

I just looked back through the thread, and found it again. It's yours!

But I also just realized I've been using an old version of Kerbtown, so that is very likely the issue. I should've checked for that before posting, sorry.

Edit: Nope, it wasn't a problem with the KT version. It's a problem with launch clamps. Launch stability enhancers = explosion. Launching without the clamps works fine.

Edited by White Owl