GennyLift IV Heavy (Delta IV Heavy Clone)

This is a clone of the Delta IV. Ages ago I used this with a mod pack and have since made it stock. It will put a 28.5 ton payload into an 80km orbit without using any payload fuel. For interplanetary craft with nuclear engines it can lift a heavier payload using the payloads fuel.

FNedoEa.jpg

TJxKVPc.png

glsZBDv.png

BHUxNEM.png

Instructions:

1. If Using MechJeb lock both booster engine gimbals before launch. Leave the center unlocked.

2. When you do your gravity turn keep the rocket on its side (Boosters on top and bottom) A flat ascent can get tricky.

3. Enjoy! She isn't fast but she's reliable.

Download:

http://ge.tt/2cXdewl/v/0?c

• 8 months later...
I just want to know that, how to make sure the rockets on the left and right sides finished the fuel earlier than the middle one?

The yellow fuel lines from outside to inside will drain the outside tanks first.

Attach a fuel line from the bottom most booster tank to the topmost Main stage tank. The main stage will drain fuel from the boosters as it flies, so when the boosters cop out the main stage is still full. This is called onion staging.

• 2 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2013 at 2:12 PM, donlokiman said:

This is a clone of the Delta IV. Ages ago I used this with a mod pack and have since made it stock. It will put a 28.5 ton payload into an 80km orbit without using any payload fuel. For interplanetary craft with nuclear engines it can lift a heavier payload using the payloads fuel.

FNedoEa.jpg

TJxKVPc.png

glsZBDv.png

BHUxNEM.png

Instructions:

1. If Using MechJeb lock both booster engine gimbals before launch. Leave the center unlocked.

2. When you do your gravity turn keep the rocket on its side (Boosters on top and bottom) A flat ascent can get tricky.

3. Enjoy! She isn't fast but she's reliable.

Download:

http://ge.tt/2cXdewl/v/0?c

File is not available!

19 hours ago, eagle92lightning said:

I will so be building this!

Mate. That thing was from alpha. Look at the date. 2013. Probably wouldn't work now. But on the topic of Delta IVs, I got a pretty realistic replica. If you want, I will post pictures later.

Fire

5 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

File is not available!

1 hour ago, Firemetal said:

Mate. That thing was from alpha. Look at the date. 2013. Probably wouldn't work now. But on the topic of Delta IVs, I got a pretty realistic replica. If you want, I will post pictures later.

Fire

what is the maximum payload weight for this rocket?

Edited by eagle92lightning
not complete

For Mine? Haven't calculated but it took up a 20 ton Mun lander. Still had fuel for me to attempt a landing for the second stage. However I put on four small strap on boosters to increase the DV just a little bit so that rocket isn't quite a Delta IV. However my Delta IV heavy could probably bring up a massive payload. It has good TWR, good Dv and it's second stage looks like the real D4 second stage.

But enough necroing this post. If you want to talk about D4 replicas, start a new thread.

Fire

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.