All craft from my Constellation mission vid

• 2 weeks later...
Docking port trick for the construction rover, why you so hard :(

Is it just me or the new KAS version...I can set the winch to undocked then when I retract the wire, it goes back to locked.

Hmmm...

Sorry for being slow to reply this.

It's not you, it is the new KAS. You can't set it to be undocked like I did in the vid anymore. But that doesn't seem to be a problem now. Before if you didn't set it to be undocked then the DammedRobotic hinges would get messed up. But now, using Infernal Robotics, that problem seems to have gone away. Not sure if IR fixed the problem or maybe KAS is handling things differently but either way, with the latest KAS and IR having a docking port on a moving arm doesn't seem to cause a problem.

any thoughts on new missions for .23/.24

or re-doing this one

career mode really distracted me from doing missions like this (I got obsessed with doing career as efficiently as I could. Then I went mad and did another career with only aircraft.) I wanted to make vids of my efficient career missions but I was struggling to edit it so it wasn't really long and boring.

But yes, I want to do another mission like this, but I also don't want it to be too similar. I really like Duna as a destination, but its also kinda easy to get to so might do Dres or perhaps one of Jools moons.

I'm working on some kinda non-specific components atm which might make it into my next large scale mission. I've got a new construction rover, like the one from this, but bigger and stronger and a new very rugged rover which can survive rolling and crashing at 40ms. But I don't really have a specific plan for them yet. Suggestions welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is the greatest KSP vid I have seen. Kind of makes me feel pretty useless really. Getting some great ideas though, love how everything is "packed" onto the lander . Will be waiting for your next vid.

• 2 weeks later...

What a nice video, I feel useless while i'm playin' now ;)

So, I've downloaded all the craft, and installed all the mods in 0.23, but each time, while launching the AresV, about 44 secondes later and around 6000 meters , everything explode..

8XYS8.jpg

Here's the report:

8XYTg.jpg

I really admire video and work you've made bro.

So nice if you could help me here, I want my own Duna Base!

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumped into your constellation mission and I must say, that was pretty amazing. I have been playing around with KSP for a few months now and am planning a much more scaled down version of a Duna trip here in the next few weeks. This game is just amazing when you see everyone's creations!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have we got anywhere with updating this?

I think i have most of the stuff working in 0.24 the only problem i have is that the cargo module is not complete. It loads with no working command module and the very top is not complete. I cant just attach a command module as the building does not recognise it as a ready built item. Any help with that?

Any Chance anybody could please send me the cargo vessel? Mine is broken, it seems to be missing a few things. Here is a screenie of how it loads in. All the other ships are fine.

The cargo ship does not load as a single entity. I cannot connect anything to it I can only remove parts and attach them to other new parts if that makes sense. Its also very difficult to try and copy a build with all the clipping parts.718YkeN

So far my personal recreation is slowly getting there... my goal is to use *updated* parts and not the old parts. Some parts have been removed over time so I might have to make things work without certain things. This rebuild will be the most rewarding thing I have ever done on KSP! I want this to work so bad with the new parts out there. <3

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is this mod still being updated and will it run on .90

This is NOT a Mod. This is a build using parts and features from several mods listed in the OP, some of which have not been updated but i think the core mods to use the .craft have been so it could still work.

• 8 months later...
Just now, BananaIsAFruit said:

Am I the only person who thinks that this should be remade in stock 1.0.5??? @katateochi........?

It should indeed. I did exactly that a year or so ago and am in the progress of rebuilding it. Make no mistake, building this well is one of the hardest, most time consuming things you can make in KSP. Doubly so for stock.

Here is an album of my old mission, Kat I hope you don't mind me posting this:

Edited by Majorjim

12 hours ago, BananaIsAFruit said:

Am I the only person who thinks that this should be remade in stock 1.0.5??? @katateochi........?

Indeed it does need remaking!  It's totally doable with just stock parts, @Majorjim is now the director of stock operations! If I was going to redo it I'd do it with mods, just because I find that more enjoyable.  But KSP needs to sort it's performance issues out before I can do this again; Each of the landers in this was ~200 parts, KSP just couldn't handle a 400 part base and still be enjoyable to play, which is a sad state of affairs! 

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.