All craft from my Constellation mission vid

How did you get the "rover eye view" on the mini rover? Which mod is it from?

Awesome work BTW. Wish my laptop could handle something with more than 200 parts lol #FWP ;)

How did you get the "rover eye view" on the mini rover? Which mod is it from?

Awesome work BTW. Wish my laptop could handle something with more than 200 parts lol #FWP ;)

That's an older legacy mod, mumech_hullcam, part of the mumech (mechjeb) set, you can get it here - http://svn.mumech.com/KSP/trunk/Releases/CameraPack_1.3.zip

how did you have enough fuel to go back and forth between Duna? How large is that fuel tank??

Do you mean with the main crew ship (Kopernicus) going from Kerbin to Duna and back, or did you mean the little ascent/descent module that went from Duna's surface to LDO.

The tank used in the transfer stages for all the craft was the KW rocketry SC-2 LFT which is 67.5 tons and has 5467.5 liquid fuel and 6682.25 oxidizer. Tis a honking big tank, on the first two craft (which each weigh about 58tons without the transfer stage) it had 3 LV-T45 engines and was just enough to make the one way trip to Duna, for Kopernicus (which weighs 52tons without the transfer stage) it was fitted with 3 LV-N engines and that was enough to make it there and back again and do powered captures of orbits.

The tank on the ascent descent module is the KW rocketry SB-0 LFT (405 liquid, 495 oxidized @ 5tons). It's slightly bigger than the stock equivalent but has the same mass/fuel ratio (360L, 440O @ 4.5tons). That tank was only just big enough, just enough to reach orbit and rendezvous so long as I started the G-turn soon enough (which is why I ran out of fuel during the second rendezvous, opps!).

Really nice! I tried to use your 0.21.1 crafts but my PC isn't prepare for this... First docking two stages on LKO was a terrible slideshow. Phisics calculation on such big crafts make my PC explode.

Edit: I think too much mods I have installed at once now. I try to figure it out later how to improve my FPS.

Edited by ri00t

Yea, files structure is confusing becouse many mods still don't keep a GameData directory. Just paste it like it is, worked for me. Ships are great but my skill isn't enough especially with vertical landig and use TAC balancer. This big barrel with four legs (no offence) always fly away, rotate and can't cancel a horizontal speed. Same with my almost perfect symmetric vessel. I don't have idea why some parts you don't have in menus.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Katateochi, could you do a version of Kopernicus without remote tech and b9?

How come you don't want remote tech and B9? They're like two of the greatest mods! ;)

Anyway, I've taken them out of Kopernicus, it was a bit of a mission and I've not tested it so I can't be sure it will function the same. Apparently there where some B9 lights in there, but I could not find them so I manually edited the craft file to take those out. It loads up in the VAB ok, hope it doesn't just disintegrate on the launch pad!

Kopernicus wo B9 and RT

Oh... I know, but remotetech doesn't work without those ugly Cpu things, and B9 completely recks my cpu with Kw :D I love your Kopernicus!! What mods do I need btw?

yeah it is true, B9 + KW + NovaP + KOSMOS + <several other cool mods> = dead pc! For that reason I take a selection of parts from each of them, just the bits I really like. I'd like to have it all, but it's not to be :(

If you look at the bottom of the first post there is a list of all the mods needed. It is a very intensive selection if you run will every part from each mod, so there is also a 'bundle' that contains just the parts from each one that you need for all the craft. that will contain the B9 and RT bits used too, but you can always leave them out.

• 3 weeks later...

hey katateochi

your video and your mod is very nice

i come from germany and my english is very bad

bud i have a question for you, my current version of ksp is 0.21.1.276 and your mod worked not in my current version, i have your actually version of the mod installed bud when i load the constellation mission ships i have 20 or more parts missing

what am I doing wrong

I hope you can suggest me a solution

until then steve:D

hey katateochi

your video and your mod is very nice

i come from germany and my english is very bad

bud i have a question for you, my current version of ksp is 0.21.1.276 and your mod worked not in my current version, i have your actually version of the mod installed bud when i load the constellation mission ships i have 20 or more parts missing

what am I doing wrong

I hope you can suggest me a solution

until then steve:D

Hi Steve! And welcome to the forums!!

Did you download the updated bundle for 0.21.1? Here's the link again to the one that should work in 0.21.1. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9436261/ConstellationCraft/Constellation_craft%2821.1compatible%29.zip

That zip contains everything that you need but it doesn't contain the stock parts, but you should have them anyway.

These craft use some parts that came from older (legacy) mods which don't use the GameData folder. The Parts and Plugins folder from my zip need to go into the root folder of KSP and not into GameData. That's the only thing I can think of right now that might cause the problem.

I'm not at my KSP machine right now, but when I get back from work I will double check to see that it works on a clean install of 0.21.1.

thanks for your quick response, now everything works so far except for the newest mechjeb

I have one picked out what works so far only when I'm with one of your ships in orbit always lose the connection and I can not control, fuel and power, everything is available

is there a possibility of the connection so that you do not always have to wait until you always maintain is above the spaceport?

thanks for your quick response, now everything works so far except for the newest mechjeb

I have one picked out what works so far only when I'm with one of your ships in orbit always lose the connection and I can not control, fuel and power, everything is available

is there a possibility of the connection so that you do not always have to wait until you always maintain is above the spaceport?

ah, the problem is not mechjeb, its the remote tech mod. With that mod any unmanned craft that has the remote tech antenna (which they all do) requires either a direct line of sight to the space centre or a network of satellites to relay communications.

I've always played with remote tech 'cos I like the requirement of having satellites in order to have my unmanned craft working but that can be a pain for other people. I created a persistent file with just a small satellite network around Kerbin and you can download that here, but that was for KSPv0.20.x so I'm not sure of that will work in 0.21.

The other option is to remove the remote tech antenna from the craft. If you look under the science tab you will see some dishes and a couple of antenna, the one you need to remove is the grey one which has the connection point at one end and a cluster of aerials at the other end. (the other "dipole" one which connects in the middle can be left on).

If you remove them from the craft that will take the remote-tech functionality out.

Oh wait, easier option. I think this will work. Go into your GameData folder, find the folder called RemoteTech and inside that is a Plugins folder, delete what is inside the Plugins folder. I think if you do that the remote tech parts can still be on the craft but they will no longer be functional.

Hope that works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.