The Software/Hardware Failure Game

Designer225

After many days of file-writing errors I finally get the problem fixed, but that has left me an idea...

Here is what you would do: The first person say what he wants to play/use, and the next user create a scenario in which the software/hardware failed, and then state what he want to play/use, and the next user did the same thing as the previous user, and so on.

Example:

Me: I'm gonna play Distant Worlds.

2nd User: You clicked on Distant Worlds executable, but nothing happens. I'm gonna reboot the computer.

3rd User: After the reboot the hardware instantly overheats and shuts the computer down...

4th User: ... I'm gonna play SpaceChem.

Me: You ran SpaceChem, but then I hacked your computer and stole a vital part of SpaceChem. Now you can't play SpaceChem...

So yeah, it's like "Make a wish and have it horribly corrupted!" game, but with much more technology theme. Are you up to it?

• 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, there are no more EVA tools... So you cannot repair the computer.

I try to take the RAM sticks out and replace them. Then I boot on my Mint Linux boot key and verify the integrity of the hard disk by using fsck /media/nazalassa/cptDriveCK47 .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.