[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem. I installed some mods and suddenly my kerbals don't have any life support resources when they go EVA. I'm trying to hunt down what could have caused this, but aside from deleting things one by one is there any easier/more effective way of finding the culprit? I didn't install anything that obviously conflicted so I'm not sure where to go from there.

Make a back up of your Persistent file and then try deleting TAC and reinstalling it.

One of the other new mods may have overwritten something you need.

Have you installed any new mods that customize your Kerbals in some way?

Edited by Tommygun

So wait... does this mod have a water extractor? I swear it used to but I can't find it in my parts. If not, could you guys add one? So that when you are splashed down at Kerbin or Laythe, you can get water. The water is the most important resource it seems, and I'd like to make my Jool colonies self-sufficient. Yes, I have a mod with a greenhouse installed. That'd be the asteroid cities mod. But that's beside the point: water extractor. Do. Please?

Nope, and there are other mods that add that. Starting to shape up to a LOT of other mods adding that. KSPI (via ORS and with a bit of MM tweaking for compatibility), Asteroid Cities, Hollow Asteroids, Modular Kolonization System...the list isn't getting any shorter. Just pick one.

As I said, I have asteroid cities, but then I have to lug asteroids to Jool. I'd rather just stick with lugging them to Duna and Eve. I have no idea how to make the two units interchangeable as I can't code to save my life. As I said, this is all about water and Laythe. And honestly, I'm ify on MKS's water-everywhere approach.

As I said, I have asteroid cities, but then I have to lug asteroids to Jool. I'd rather just stick with lugging them to Duna and Eve. I have no idea how to make the two units interchangeable as I can't code to save my life. As I said, this is all about water and Laythe. And honestly, I'm ify on MKS's water-everywhere approach.

Curious, what do you mean by the water everywhere approach? Currently water is pretty darn scarce in MKS with the Kethane maps (so most either haul it in, or convert it from Kethane or LFO). With ORS it will be similar except you get to use Laythe and Kerbin oceans to get all of the water you need.

MKS has a water-on-every-planet approach right now, but that can't be helped as it's part of Kethane. RoverDude is working on ORS support which will give him the option to simply not have water on certain planets, as it already does. ORS' distribution of resources tends to make much more sense than Kethane's. Edit: DAMN YOU ROVERDUDE! I got ninja'd. :(

As for changing LqdWater to Water and back, that's easy. Just use an MM config like so:

@PART[TacWaterPurifier]{
MODULE
{
name = TacGenericConverter
converterName = ISRU Water Filter

// Number of units to convert per day (24 hours)
conversionRate = 2160

// A comma separated list of resources to use as inputs.
// For each resource, list the resource name and the amount (which
// is multiplied by the conversionRate)
inputResources = LqdWater, 1.8, ElectricCharge, 20

// A comma separated list of resources to output. Same as above
// but also specify whether it should keep converting if the
// resource is full (generating excess that will be thrown away).
outputResources = Water, 1, false
}
}

@PART[TacWaterPurifierLarge]
{
MODULE
{
converterName = ISRU Water Filter

conversionRate = 2880

inputResources = LqdWater, 1.8, ElectricCharge, 20

outputResources = Water, 1, false
}
}

@PART[TacCarbonExtractor]
{
MODULE
{
converterName = Transfer Oxidizer In

conversionRate = 86400

inputResources = Oxidizer, 1

outputResources = Oxygen, 11.65, false
}
}

{
MODULE
{
converterName = Transfer Oxidizer Out

conversionRate = 86400

inputResources = Oxygen, 11.65

outputResources = Oxidizer, 1, false
}
}

@PART[TacCarbonExtractorLarge]
{
MODULE
{
converterName = Transfer Oxidizer In

conversionRate = 86400

inputResources = Oxidizer, 1

outputResources = Oxygen, 11.65, false
}
}

{
MODULE
{
converterName = Transfer Oxidizer Out

conversionRate = 86400

inputResources = Oxygen, 11.65

outputResources = Oxidizer, 1, false
}
}

Then you can use the TAC Recyclers to convert KSPI's LqdWater to Water and Oxidizer to Oxygen and back.

MKS has a water-on-every-planet approach right now, but that can't be helped as it's part of Kethane. RoverDude is working on ORS support which will give him the option to simply not have water on certain planets, as it already does. ORS' distribution of resources tends to make much more sense than Kethane's. Edit: DAMN YOU ROVERDUDE! I got ninja'd. :(

I would think Kethane already lets you remove a resource from a planet: what happens if you set DepositCount = 0 in the config file?

As for realistic distributions, you could always volunteer to add those to Kethane: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79219-Kethane-plugin-biome-specific-resources. The request was, in fact, inspired by MKS.

I would think Kethane already lets you remove a resource from a planet: what happens if you set DepositCount = 0 in the config file?

As for realistic distributions, you could always volunteer to add those to Kethane: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79219-Kethane-plugin-biome-specific-resources. The request was, in fact, inspired by MKS.

My bad, yes setting DepositCount to 0 would do. But honestly, I don't view that as worth the effort. I'd go with ORS simply because it offers more control. You can, for example, create a water map for Minmus so that water is only available in its flats. On top of that it supports atmospheric and oceanic resources. In other words, ORS already supports what you requested in the link, and more.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I am still around and am continuing to work on my mods with what little time I have. Don't give up on me :cool:

Thank you to everyone that has been answering questions for me. I really appreciate the way the community here helps each other out.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I am still around and am continuing to work on my mods with what little time I have. Don't give up on me :cool:

Thank you to everyone that has been answering questions for me. I really appreciate the way the community here helps each other out.

Glad you're still alive! Just started up KSP after taking a year off. WOW things have changed. Loving your Life Support mod and I look forward to any future developments.

Here, have some coffee and a donut.

Changing TACLS over to using liters isn't that hard actually(using kilograms for food, as it makes more sense in my opinion)...

In case anyone wants to use the Procedural Parts TAC:LS tank, here is a MM config to change it to these SI units. I tested it thoroughly by attaching it to a ship and saying, "yep, it works", so use at your own risk :)

@PART[proceduralTankTAC]
{
@MODULE[TankContentSwitcher]
{
@TANK_TYPE_OPTION
[*],*
{
@RESOURCE[Food]
{
@unitsPerKL *= 0.317
}
@RESOURCE[Water]
{
@unitsPerKL *= 1.798
}
@RESOURCE[Oxygen]
{
@unitsPerKL *= 304.27
}
@RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide]
{
@unitsPerKL *= 261.78
}
@RESOURCE[Waste]
{
@unitsPerKL *= 0.56
}
@RESOURCE[WasteWater]
{
@unitsPerKL *= 1.98
}
}
}
}

Edited by sworah
Had to add ",*" to one of the module search nodes.

These have been superceded with v2: Available here

If anyone's interested, I just re-textured Regex's in-line containers with a more muted palette, dropping the iconography, but keeping the colour theme.

Text is in the Star Trek NCC-1701 font.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnLmxAH_v2Qdl9WR2tDOTN2dFk/edit?pli=1 (File > Download)

Edited by TMS

Curious, what do you mean by the water everywhere approach? Currently water is pretty darn scarce in MKS with the Kethane maps (so most either haul it in, or convert it from Kethane or LFO). With ORS it will be similar except you get to use Laythe and Kerbin oceans to get all of the water you need.

Well, there should be no water on the Mun or Moho. Too close to the sun to harbor such volatile materials. Minmus does have its ice-cream lakes, which water is an element of ice cream (yes, I just went there).Vall and Eeloo would be ice galore, and Lathye probably has 500% humidity so... ya.

Well, there should be no water on the Mun or Moho. Too close to the sun to harbor such volatile materials. Minmus does have its ice-cream lakes, which water is an element of ice cream (yes, I just went there).Vall and Eeloo would be ice galore, and Lathye probably has 500% humidity so... ya.

Oh, that's just a matter of making different configs :) On the list, but wanted to get the core modules out there first for testing.

As for changing LqdWater to Water and back, that's easy. Just use an MM config like so:

Then you can use the TAC Recyclers to convert KSPI's LqdWater to Water and Oxidizer to Oxygen and back.

Ok then, thanks. Now the only trouble is lugging around a refinery. Still... much, much easier than working with MKS, this'll allow for a simpler system to be viable.

Oh, that's just a matter of making different configs :) On the list, but wanted to get the core modules out there first for testing.

Ya, I hear that. And good job with MKS, definitely will be trying it after I actually get my satellite arrays set up... Remote Tech is hard, but I feel naked without it. It's like FAR and DR, except worse.

Ok then, thanks. Now the only trouble is lugging around a refinery. Still... much, much easier than working with MKS, this'll allow for a simpler system to be viable.

Yeah, MKS really is not a life support mod, it's a colonization mod that happens to extend TAC-LS. I'd say using MKS to make water is kinda like hand selecting your ingredients and brewing your own beer instead of running down to the liquor store ;)

Well, that depends. If there *is* water on the Mun, it should only be found at the center of large craters. (i.e. a cometary impact crater) It's possible to have water there, just unlikely. Agreed that any protoplanetary water would have boiled off long before, except in shaded polar regions.

Edit: I should note that when I say "water", I mean frozen H2O. There wouldn't be any liquid H2O on Moho, the Mun, or Duna.

Edited by panarchist

We have found signs that there may well be water on the moon, most likely at the bottom of craters, but we have found water in Asteroid fragments. No the water would not be in a liquid form but taped in rocks. Weather or not it will every be worth getting it out of them is more then I can say

If anyone's interested, I just re-textured Regex's in-line containers with a more muted palette, dropping the iconography, but keeping the colour theme.

Text is in the Star Trek NCC-1701 font.

http://imgur.com/a/5BeJx

Download: https://www./folder/4wc1hw733albx/TAC_Containers_v1

Media fire wants a Pro account to do bulk downloads. A zip would be appreciated.

Why would you use photobucket for showing images? Image shack, dropbox, they all work much better. THis Dropbox link will give us both 500MB more space, https://db.tt/pXCtuoT

I have never encountered an out of bandwidth image on photos before. Seriously. I will never use photo bucket after seeing that.

I shall take a look at this mod though and see how well it and I get along. :P I was using http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lets-drink-eat-and-breathe-too/ for a long while now even though it's half broken and doesn't work the way I'd like it to. So hopefully yours will work the way I'm hoping, it looks like it based on the features.

Ah, it's been some time since I used Mediafire. Apologies.

You can also use my dropbox link, it's real good about sharing stuff and even giving users the option to download entire folder as a zip or add to their own dropbox and have resumable downloads in case of bad net. Example of one of my shared folders; EVE

Edited by Vas
prevent double post

Hi there. I see that this mod makes it so electricity is consumed even when a vessel is inactive. I was wondering if it were possible to get feature as a stand alone. Any thoughts?

Hi there. I see that this mod makes it so electricity is consumed even when a vessel is inactive. I was wondering if it were possible to get feature as a stand alone. Any thoughts?

Not actually. Craft just consume life support resources (food, water, oxygen) - I had this same misconception myself. I hear the ECLSS life support mod did some EC loss for inactive vessels but hasn't really been well maintained lately