[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I updated to the .9 pre-release because I updated Modular Kolonization System and it told me that I needed to use .9. But when I go on an EVA, no food, oxygen, electricity or water goes along with the Kerbal.

I've only tried this in Career: could it be that it isn't set up for Career mode?

Thanks in advance

If you have Universal Storage mod you need to update it, this should fix the error.

Thank you, this fixed my problem. I had indeed a slightly out of date version of Universal Storage.

Hi, first time using this mod, quick question. When the game starts, it shows you a window with settings. There's a setting for "Allow respawn". But the respawn of what?

Presumably crew members only go 'missing in action' (MIA) following, err, incidents, and then re-appear for duty back at KSC after the specified time

Otherwise death is permanent (KIA)

Edited by NoMrBond
Spelling.

I updated to the .9 pre-release because I updated Modular Kolonization System and it told me that I needed to use .9. But when I go on an EVA, no food, oxygen, electricity or water goes along with the Kerbal.

I've only tried this in Career: could it be that it isn't set up for Career mode?

Thanks in advance

Make sure you remove all files of .8 before you install the new version, I had the same problem when some files from .8 were still in use

Hi guys!

I'm in a little confusion here.

I've installed 0.9 version (have a buch of other mods like mks and some 0.24 saves). There is a large storage part for Food, Water and Oxygen and it show me that it contains resources for 2000+ days kerbin days (or 500+ earth days) for 1 kerman. That's a... huge amount for me.

Is it a correct amount or something gone wrong with my installation? Cause i can stack up like a dozen of thoose containers and get an amount of supplies that overcome any possible needs. It's not fun =\

There is a large storage part for Food, Water and Oxygen and it show me that it contains resources for 2000+ days kerbin days (or 500+ earth days) for 1 kerman. That's a... huge amount for me.

Is it a correct amount or something gone wrong with my installation? Cause i can stack up like a dozen of thoose containers and get an amount of supplies that overcome any possible needs. It's not fun =\

That sounds about right. I personally also think that smaller container volumes would make for a better game challenge.

Although it's not unrealistic. Taranis did the math, these are the resources based on the volumes of the containers you see.

I'm running 64bit 0.24 with only 0.24 saves and a ton of mods including MKS 0.18.8 and the latest o.9 #3 prerelease but I only have food and no water or oxygen but still all three waste products. This is apparent in every scene. Also, this food is not consumed and waste products not made and no electricity drained or kerbals dead. TAC LS is enabled. ALso, of I go into the TAC LS settings, it glitchs out. These are really serious bugs.

EDIT: Turned out it was Universal Storage being just out of date. All good now!

Edited by Darknighthb

this look as conflict with other mod. In 0.9 resources definitions are changed, and if you have any mod with this resources is conflict. I look any mod using oxygen, water and food and delete all definition of this 3, and all work.

That sounds about right. I personally also think that smaller container volumes would make for a better game challenge.

Although it's not unrealistic. Taranis did the math, these are the resources based on the volumes of the containers you see.

Thanks! I think, i will increase a bit consumption of resources for better expierence =)

How do I turn this off, I only got it because another mod required it to run properly.

I have an electricity powered airship but can't get it to go far because everytime it charges above 5000 a message on screen comes up saying "Electric Charge Depleted".

Thanks in advance

Upgraded to .9.0.9, it fixes the EVA problem. Thank you!

Anyone have any Idea why my installation of TAC doesn't work? I don't have any of the resources showing up when I use it (apart from food, that is the only one showing up) and when I click on the configuration screen (on any of the buttons; the x or the "configure resource consumption") it just chucks me into the VAB and doesn't allow me to configure anything... Could this be related to 64 bit ksp?

I've had 2 crashes that output the following in the output_log. I'm running KSP_x64 (non-Steam) with TAC Life Support 0.9.0.9-pre3. It doesn't always happen, but figured you'd want the output for error checking. Thanks for the hard work!

Tac.AddLifeSupport[bFFC8840][130.41]: Adding resources to kerbalEVA/

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Tac.AddLifeSupport[bFFC8840][130.41]: The expected exception is still happening when adding the Life Support part module to the EVA: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Part.AddModule (System.String moduleName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.AddLifeSupport.EvaAddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Crash!!!

SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.;C:\Users\James\Documents\KSP Full\ksp-win64-0-24-0\KSP_win64;C:\Users\James\Documents\KSP Full\ksp-win64-0-24-0\KSP_win64;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;SRV*C:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;', symOptions: 530, UserName: 'James'

OS-Version: 6.1.7600 () 0x100-0x1

EDIT: Also, here is the first part of the error log:

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.5.2f1_9abb1b59b47c]

KSP_x64.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module KSP_x64.exe at 0033:03cc0000.

Error occurred at 2014-07-21_000152.

Edited by Kalloran

I'm running 64bit 0.24 with only 0.24 saves and a ton of mods including MKS 0.18.8 and the latest o.9 #3 prerelease but I only have food and no water or oxygen but still all three waste products. This is apparent in every scene. Also, this food is not consumed and waste products not made and no electricity drained or kerbals dead. TAC LS is enabled. ALso, of I go into the TAC LS settings, it glitchs out. These are really serious bugs.

I have the same issue. MKS uses Module Manager 2.2.0. I switched back to using the old Module Manager (2.1.5) and now it seems to work okay. I suspect it's a problem between TAC LS and module manager 2.2.0.

SNIP

I am using 64 bit ksp and I am constantly crashing now, on pressing "resume save game" I have a 50/50 chance of crashing, I went on to reinstall this mod, and I got through all the crashing to let me into the game and went to the vab, clicked on the main pod and BOOM game crashed... I honestly have no Idea why it's crashing so much

Here's my output.log to anyone who's tech-savvy

https://www./?l0ptmbi2wbt33hc

Edited by Boamere

Ok I have an oddball question about something that I just experienced in game. If my craft has full CO2, waste, and waste water but have enough supplies to keep someone alive, even though the capsule is full of bad stuff, does this matter? I just sent Jeb to Mun for an orbit and back to Kerbin, where he took 2 orbits to land, and his pod was full of bad stuff, but it had enough LS to survive a long time even with those full. Or did I find an oddball bug?

Ok I have an oddball question about something that I just experienced in game. If my craft has full CO2, waste, and waste water but have enough supplies to keep someone alive, even though the capsule is full of bad stuff, does this matter? I just sent Jeb to Mun for an orbit and back to Kerbin, where he took 2 orbits to land, and his pod was full of bad stuff, but it had enough LS to survive a long time even with those full. Or did I find an oddball bug?

The overflow of waste resources is silently being vented into space. So your Kerbals are not drowning in bad stuff. :-)

For short missions this is fine, but if you are planning to use recycling on long-duration missions, then all the lost waste equals lost resources, which has to be replenished.

The overflow of waste resources is silently being vented into space. So your Kerbals are not drowning in bad stuff. :-)

For short missions this is fine, but if you are planning to use recycling on long-duration missions, then all the lost waste equals lost resources, which has to be replenished.

Ah thank you I was not aware of this, yeah it was a short mission without any recycling for testing purposes. This makes a bit easier to deal with then in terms of how much I should take on missions. It also means more testing to find a good balance.

im having problem with this mod. Im having crashes constantly. I have installed the 0.9 version.

Did you have an older version installed? What other mods do you have installed this could be causing a conflict, and the other one might need an update. Without knowing details it is hard to help with a solution.