[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

So... i got rid of module manager' date=' and i can open my saves without crash. but now, i can't do anything. i crash when i try to go to any of the buildings. i was really looking forward to using this, but i guess i will have to wait.[/quote']

my bid is its not this mod causeing problems u realy need to read your log. and i mean both your logs. when u get to start screen hit alt f12 and go to the menu there to see if any erros poping up.

In what units? Also, what are your starting assumptions - like the mass/metabolism of a Kerbal compared to the mass/metabolism of a human? TaranisElsu has exhaustively documented his math and starting assumptions, with Kerbals using 25% of human values. The numbers are based on Nasa's Advanced Life Support Baseline Assumptions document, which is the most recent publicly-accessible document with human values based on the actual space programs of NASA, ESA and RSA. There's certainly room for alternative interpretations, and the mod allows one to input one's own values in terms of liters/second of consumption - if you're advocating others use your numbers, it would be helpful to have those figures in units of L/s.

I didn't redo TaranisElsu's work. I just took the values he used from the CFG , and multiplied them by 86400 to yield how much a kerbal consumes per day, rather than second

So... i got rid of module manager' date=' and i can open my saves without crash. but now, i can't do anything. i crash when i try to go to any of the buildings. i was really looking forward to using this, but i guess i will have to wait.[/quote']

Most likely a different mod. I've been running the TACLS 0.9 #3 mod with a variety of missions for the last week and haven't had any severe problems. If I'd have to guess, it has to be a mod that also introduces additional resources and/or life support.

most of the people having think its tac causing problems dont understand how to read thru both the logs. the current prerealse 3 works fine on both 32 and 64bit.

not every mod will play nice together even if they seem like they would

I kind of left a Kerbal in EVA and forgot about him. But since it seemed like it 0.8 wasn't killing kerbals when they ran out of power in EVA I figured it would be ok to leave him out a little while as I did some maneuvers that were time through Alarm Clock mod. Well turns out I was wrong, every time I focus back in on the guy it kills him. I tried manually editing the save file but while it does update the TAC LS display showing he has lots of time left when I focus on him he still instantly dies. The ship has plenty of resources so I just want to get him back there but need to know how to edit the save so he doesn't die.

I also tried clicking the Enable button at Space Center which I thought turned ON/OFF TAC LS in the save. But Kerbal still dies. :(

Its a bit complicated to get everything up to date these days (nearly a fulltime job), but in an enviroment with most of the most popular mods these version runs just fine in .24 32bit. Its seems that not every command module gets his share in ressources, but this is not necessarly TACs problem. There are still mods around that arent up to date, and the next B9 version is already at the footsteps.

TLDR; working fine for me with 43 mods.

it shouldnt cause errors since they have differnt resouces. if u having problems just do say u haveing problems explain the problem and provide both the ksp.log and the output. log(btw the outputlog is in the ksp_data or ksp_data64 dpending on which u running)

I didn't redo TaranisElsu's work. I just took the values he used from the CFG , and multiplied them by 86400 to yield how much a kerbal consumes per day, rather than second

Ah, ok - sorry, that wasn't clear from your post.

I can't read the logs' date=' but it ended with this: Crash in winutils::ProcessInternalCrash(PEXCEPTION_POINTERS pExInfo)[/quote']

the logs are text files u have to look towrad the end and see what was happening when u crashed.

I kind of left a Kerbal in EVA and forgot about him.

-snip-

I also tried clicking the Enable button at Space Center which I thought turned ON/OFF TAC LS in the save. But Kerbal still dies. :(

Just let him die. If you want to keep him turn, he will respawn. If you don't want to wait, go to persistent file find kerbal's name (at the bottom) and change state to 0

It says this at the near end of an output log. Tac.AddLifeSupport[F5631AC0][207.09]: The expected exception is still happening when adding the Life Support part module to the EVA: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Part.AddModule (System.String moduleName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.AddLifeSupport.EvaAddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

u can ignore that error sputnik thats not causing the crash its a common error with eva supplies. remember thou if u on 64bit it has nasty habit of random crashes for no reason.

Edited by sidfu

dont look like its tac causing the problem. i see no error that would cause tac to crash your game. one thing i aim seeing is alot of outof date mods like rpm,mechjeb and such also hyperedit is known to cause problems randomly. also turn off texture replacers compression since u using 64x. any type of compression is known to cause problems if its not setup right. also a known crash is caused by any texture compressor compressing the conracts folder.

my advice is to go thru and updated all your mods u have i counted at a min of 5 out of date ones.

well last thing to do is take all mods out then put them in a few at a time for example put pure parts mods(no dll mods) in first then go for stuff like programs like mechjeb and tac then go to he heavier mods that lots of parts/dll dependent mods.

can u list your mods. i have 140 mods installed and not getting any crashes due to mods just due to 64x random crash. if i know which installed i might know which mod has problems