[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

jarmenia, I have the same Problem - no LS resources in capsules. I just gave up on TAC LS for now... But are you actually telling me, if i add LS containers, that i can still use LS??? Gotta try this! If that works i'll buy you a beer!! (or non-alcoholic beverage)

[edit] IT DOES WORK!! None of the capsules/pods come with any life support. Added LS tanks to the craft and it seems to work just fine now. Seems awkward to play a game starting from scratch like that though.

Should capsules have LS on them in v.0.9.0.9 (newest)?

If so, how can i add LS to them?

And thank you jarmenia for the hint that made me try this... no idea why i gave up so quickly.

Yes, sorry I didn't respond before you tried it but adding resources works. I was just wondering if the lack of resources by default in the capsules was intentional. It sounds like it wasn't so how do I report this as a bug to the dev of this mod?

So I tried this mod just today, and it strikes me that there's no dedicated Waste storage tank, as it appears to be the only waste resource that doesn't have an associated recycling module, and most of the other recycler modules appear to produce it. So perhaps a Waste container, a Waste recycler, or both?

There's no storage because there's no use in storing it. you're better off dumping any waste you produce, and unless you plan on recycling this applies to the other resources as well.

Hi all. What is the consumption of each resource per kerbal day? Also what is the output of the waste resources per kerbal day. I need to know too configure the modular tanks or write .cfg for supply craft still configured for TAC 0.8.

Hi all. What is the consumption of each resource per kerbal day? Also what is the output of the waste resources per kerbal day. I need to know too configure the modular tanks or write .cfg for supply craft still configured for TAC 0.8.

Here is Taranis' latest Google doc with the current numbers. Please keep in mind that he's still working on a final .9 release, so those numbers may still change a little. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aioc9ek3XAvwdGNsRlh3OVhlbTFBR3M4RW0zLUNTRFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

So I tried this mod just today, and it strikes me that there's no dedicated Waste storage tank, as it appears to be the only waste resource that doesn't have an associated recycling module, and most of the other recycler modules appear to produce it. So perhaps a Waste container, a Waste recycler, or both?

I'm not at my game machine right now so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure .9 has waste containers. As far as what to do with all the waste, check my signature. :-)

I'm completely at a loss to understand this mod. I've tried several different methods but it just won't work. Anytime I launch a craft it will not deplete any resource onboard or added it just starts -21days and it goes up and up and up to -150days and nothing happens, Jeb swirling around all :D and not caring but I just cannot get the thing to work. 64bit Windows and yes it's enabled at the space centre. The crew roster repeatedly shows as empty.

http://gyazo.com/8a6078164c26b26edeb9155711a1ddac

http://gyazo.com/852f7744fe54d7893ee03159aedc8c2f

I'm completely at a loss to understand this mod. I've tried several different methods but it just won't work. Anytime I launch a craft it will not deplete any resource onboard or added it just starts -21days and it goes up and up and up to -150days and nothing happens, Jeb swirling around all :D and not caring but I just cannot get the thing to work. 64bit Windows and yes it's enabled at the space centre. The crew roster repeatedly shows as empty.

http://gyazo.com/8a6078164c26b26edeb9155711a1ddac

http://gyazo.com/852f7744fe54d7893ee03159aedc8c2f

1 check log for errors

2 check log for errors

3 check both logs for errors a 3rd time

4 delete everything for the mod and reinstall mod

5 we dont have clairvoyance to read the error logs on your computer for u so post the error for us to see.

the ss indicate far as we can tell is taht u havent launched your ship. and we hav no idea of what version u using

There's no storage because there's no use in storing it. you're better off dumping any waste you produce, and unless you plan on recycling this applies to the other resources as well.

Actually, if you drop waste into space it can come back to haunt you and other spacecraft/satellites/stations. It's already happened before that windows were broken because of a piece of space debris: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Space_debris_impact_on_Space_Shuttle_window.jpg

So, for reality's sake, a waste container would be welcome. Although there's no reason to imagine that other containers have an expanding waste unit and a contracting resource unit.

I just updated to .24 and I installed the latest version of TLS but I'm noticing that the capsules have no food or water included. Is this by design? I don't remember this being the case in the past as I think they used to have three days or so of supplies.

Thanks

I just tested this and it seems to be an incompatibility between KW rocketry and TAC Life support. When I installed KW, I lost the default food and water in my capsules. What is the best way to report this to the dev?

its not incompatiable make sure u using the prerealse. kw is only a parts mod. more than likely u using modular fuel tanks which hasnt been updated so dont work right. very very seldom will a parts mod cause problems with a mod like this normaly its just bad .cfg. but im using the newest kw and the prerealse and it works fine.

I just tested this and it seems to be an incompatibility between KW rocketry and TAC Life support. When I installed KW, I lost the default food and water in my capsules. What is the best way to report this to the dev?

The author, TaranisElsu, is currently away for at least two weeks. You'll have to ask him when he gets back.

I only have one little problem with the 0.9 pre-release: somehow, the big life support storage seems to weight around 200 tons. I can't even imagine how to launch that much mass. How's that possible?

its not incompatiable make sure u using the prerealse. kw is only a parts mod. more than likely u using modular fuel tanks which hasnt been updated so dont work right. very very seldom will a parts mod cause problems with a mod like this normaly its just bad .cfg. but im using the newest kw and the prerealse and it works fine.

I can say that it did not work when I had KW installed and after I removed it the LS was in the capsule. Its possible it's a combination of other mods with KW that is causing the issue. Here's a list of all the mods I had installed when I was having the issue:

Interstellar

Alarm Click

Engineer Redux

Ferram Aerospace Research

Deadly Reentry Continued

Kethane 0.8.8

SCANsat

Docking Port Alignment INdicator

TAC Life Support

Toolbar 1.7.6

Infernal Robotics

RemoteTexh2

Kerbal Attachment System

TweakScale

KW Rocketry

jarmenia try checkign the tweak scale and removing the tac file if it has one. with waht u have it should work i have 156 mods installed right now and i have very one of those but for engineer redux. also on interstellar u need the expermental as the normal .11 dont work right in 24.2

try this remove all mods add tac first then add 1 mod at a time to see whats causing it. im thinking tweakscale is probaly causing it if not got right kw .cfg for it

@weirdcultrure the prerelase works on a 1unit=1liter type thing so no need for a way to change the daily.

Edited by sidfu

jarmenia try checkign the tweak scale and removing the tac file if it has one. with waht u have it should work i have 156 mods installed right now and i have very one of those but for engineer redux. also on interstellar u need the expermental as the normal .11 dont work right in 24.2

try this remove all mods add tac first then add 1 mod at a time to see whats causing it. im thinking tweakscale is probaly causing it if not got right kw .cfg for it

@weirdcultrure the prerelase works on a 1unit=1liter type thing so no need for a way to change the daily.

So I re-installed both Tweak and KW and everything seems to be working just fine. I'm not sure what the issue was but at least its working.

Thanks for the assistance.

I have experienced a set of strange issues with TAC that I am at a loss to explain.

Using the radial containers, it will not take much for them to rip off, according to the log "due to aerodynamic stress", this is the only part that rips off ever.

Secondly, when attempting to "cheat" my way out of a CO2 death prior to unlocking the waste container, i dumped it into space using the fuel balancer mod, yet Jeb still died of CO2 poisening.

I'm using the 0.9.0.6 prerelease of TacLifesupport with 24.2

The only mod that changes the way the world behaves is:

FAR 0.14.1.1

Anyone run into this?

Secondly, when attempting to "cheat" my way out of a CO2 death prior to unlocking the waste container, i dumped it into space using the fuel balancer mod, yet Jeb still died of CO2 poisening.

Anyone run into this?

Huh? I didn't even know that CO2 poisoning is a thing with TAC LS! I've been using it for a while now, but have probably never "filled up" all CO2 capacity. Good to know!

there is no co2 death. they can die by starvation, air stagnation(no power), thrist, and having no oxygen. ive had co2 full lots of times and they never die. he just hast added that death yet. all of the waste products auto dump over side on their own once storage is full. stock tac only has recycliers for waste water and co2 nothing for waste. there are some other tac modd addons taht use waste namely green house mods.

there is no co2 death. they can die by starvation, air stagnation(no power), thrist, and having no oxygen. ive had co2 full lots of times and they never die. he just hast added that death yet.

OK -for a moment there I wasn't sure about it anymore. It would have been weird, since I spent a lot of time trying out extreme situations with my greenhouses.... :-)

Hmm... Water splitter should produce hydrogen instead of waste. :P

Anyway, is there a part for scooping ocean water (possibly as waste water)?

More importantly, any chance of getting a crap cannon?

Yet another crash breaking my savegame :(

Happens after a few flights, suspect its to do with EVA's?

No kerbals in EVA. No capsules in orbit. Only probes.

I've also noticed i get "Rescue Random Kerbal" missions after sending up probes, is this tied to TAC?

Tac.SpaceCenterManager[FFF9087A][59.63]: Start, new game = False

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Tac.AddLifeSupport[13D56980][59.63]: Constructor

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Tac.AddLifeSupport[13D56980][59.63]: run

Tac.AddLifeSupport[13D56980][59.63]: Adding resources to kerbalEVA/

Tac.AddLifeSupport[13D56980][59.63]: The expected exception is still happening when adding the Life Support part module to the EVA: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Part.AddModule (System.String moduleName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.AddLifeSupport.EvaAddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Tac.SpaceCenterManager[FFF9087A][59.63]: Deleting crew member: Bill Kerman

Why is it trying to add life support to an EVA when there's no ongoing EVA in the savegame?