[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I think there may have been a link to 0.8.0.4 up accidentally. Check your rates. If there seems to be way too much oxygen, then you probably downloaded the wrong version.

Did you download from Curse? It looks to me like it did not update the links properly, so I will try to upload a new version soon.

Hi All,

NathanKell once suggested that I could do my civic duty to help Modders by posting when appropriate three basic instructions on how to get the Modders the info they need to solve your problems. (Well just the ones in KSP. You're on your own for all your others.)

So here what to do before you just post "it isn't working".

1. Give a good description of the problem. What happened and what you were doing when it happened.

2. Reproduction steps. Try and duplicate it and then list what you did.

3. Post the *entire* output log from after having caused the problem and quit KSP, zipped and uploaded to (file sharing site like dropbox).

NOTE: The output log is not the error log you see after a crash in your KSP folder where GameData lives, but can be found as follows:

A) Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt OR KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt (depending on which used)

B) Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

C) Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Another helpful hint, sometimes the mod you think is causing the problem isn't. So I always test the mod on a clean install of KSP before I sound the alarm on a mod's page.

(Yep, I wash and rinse my computer thoroughly before each and every debugging session. I have a very shiny machine. :D )

Hope this helps everyone.

Did you download from Curse? It looks to me like it did not update the links properly, so I will try to upload a new version soon.

I did! I didn't discover my error until I saw that a lot of things were lacking life support, and that it was back to the 1 unit = 1 day rate. I downloaded the proper version from Github. Incidentally, is it possible that's why my construction helper (in the VAB & SPH) is displaying times based on the old rates? Or is the construction helper something else entirely?

Edit: Everything else seems to be working more or less as appropriate, though unfocused vessels don't lose ElectricCharge at all, it seems (though that may be intentional, as I could see it causing issues, since they also don't charge from solar panels etc.).

Edited by PDelta41

Curse takes 24 hours to update.

It has been 6 days. I made the mistake of marking it as a "Beta" release, and now it won't update to a normal "Release" release type. The "Download Now" button apparently skips Beta releases.

I did! I didn't discover my error until I saw that a lot of things were lacking life support, and that it was back to the 1 unit = 1 day rate. I downloaded the proper version from Github. Incidentally, is it possible that's why my construction helper (in the VAB & SPH) is displaying times based on the old rates? Or is the construction helper something else entirely?

Edit: Everything else seems to be working more or less as appropriate, though unfocused vessels don't lose ElectricCharge at all, it seems (though that may be intentional, as I could see it causing issues, since they also don't charge from solar panels etc.).

The Curse download should have worked, but I messed up when I uploaded it. I will fix it.

The "Build Aid" window in the VAB & SPH should be displaying the proper times, so something is still wrong. Delete the {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/PluginData/TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport.cfg file and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, please upload a log file.

I turned off Electric Charge consumption from unfocused vessels because the game does not have any generation when vessels are unfocused. Neither solar panels nor RTGs work then. This way, it avoids switching back to a vessel after many months or years and having it immediately run out of EC and everybody dies.

Edited by TaranisElsu

First off, I really enjoy your mod as it adds a realistic dynamic to space. The only question I have for you is have you considered using AVC (Addon Version Checker) version files? It helps us that don't check the forums as often as we probably should to see if updates have been released.

There are only two files that you would need to do different. One in the master file and one in the latest release download file. If the end user has AVC installed and upon starting the game, the mod will check the .version file in the master file to local GameData .version file.

An idea of the of what to use for the TacLifeSupport.version file:

{    "NAME": "TacLifeSupport",
"URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/master/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport.version",
"DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/releases/latest",
"VERSION": {
"MAJOR": 0,
"MINOR": 8,
"PATCH": 0
},
"KSP_VERSION": {
"MINOR": 24,
"PATCH": 2
}
}

First off, I really enjoy your mod as it adds a realistic dynamic to space. The only question I have for you is have you considered using AVC (Addon Version Checker) version files? It helps us that don't check the forums as often as we probably should to see if updates have been released.

There are only two files that you would need to do different. One in the master file and one in the latest release download file. If the end user has AVC installed and upon starting the game, the mod will check the .version file in the master file to local GameData .version file.

An idea of the of what to use for the TacLifeSupport.version file:

{    "NAME": "TacLifeSupport",
"URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/master/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport.version",
"DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/releases/latest",
"VERSION": {
"MINOR": 8,
"PATCH": 0
},
"KSP_VERSION": {
"MINOR": 24,
"PATCH": 2
}
}

Already working on it: http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/

tac 9#4 also not seeing any resources on pods. The resource containers are empty as well https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8ubn5opktbtaa8/output_log.txt

there is the log from ksp data if you need the other then i can upload it as well

downloaded from github not curse. deleted old directory before installing new one.

Edited by toril

tac 9#4 also not seeing any resources on pods. The resource containers are empty as well https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8ubn5opktbtaa8/output_log.txt

there is the log from ksp data if you need the other then i can upload it as well

downloaded from github not curse. deleted old directory before installing new one.

In your log file, it looks like ModularFuelTanks has an issue:

Non platform assembly: c:\games\KSP_winback\GameData\ModularFuelTanks\Plugins\modularFuelTanks.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'modularFuelTanks': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Additional information about this exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks+FuelTank' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks+FuelTankList' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.MFSSettings+TankDefinition' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.MFSSettings+TankDefinitionList' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FuelInfo' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<UpdateTankType>c__AnonStorey0' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<UpdateUsedBy>c__AnonStorey1' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[ModuleManager] compiling list of loaded mods...
Mod DLLs found:
Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager v2.2.0.0
aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0
ActiveTextureManagement v1.0.0.0
CactEye v1.0.0.0
CET_FSanimateGeneric v1.0.0.0
Chatterer v0.5.9.2
CrossFeedEnabler v1.0.0.0
DavonRestrictedResourceSupplyModule v1.0.0.0
DMagic v0.8.2.0
CityLights v1.0.0.0
Clouds v1.0.0.0
Geometry v1.0.0.0
OverlayMgr v1.0.0.0
Terrain v1.0.0.0
Firespitter v7.0.5320.35444
MechJeb2 v2.3.0.0
RasterPropMonitor v0.17.0.0
MechJebRPM v0.17.0.0
KAS v1.0.5325.39758
KerbalEngineer v1.0.3.0
LitJson v0.7.0.0
NearFutureElectrical v1.0.0.0
NearFuturePropulsion v1.0.0.0
NearFutureSolar v1.0.0.0
OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0 v1.1.0.0
KSPAPIExtensions v1.6.3.0
ProceduralFairings v0.0.0.0
RealChute v1.2.5321.29610
JsonFx v2.0.1209.2800
ModStatistics v1.0.5311.28247
SCANsat v1.0.6.0
TacLifeSupport v0.9.0.0
TreeLoader v1.1.3.0
KerbalAlarmClock v2.7.2.0
Scale v1.33.0.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
Karbonite v1.0.0.0
KolonyTools v0.16.0.0
USITools v1.0.0.0
Lifeboat v0.1.2.0
AdvancedAnimator v1.0.5205.2310
Non-DLL mods added:
ModularFuelTanks
SpaceplanePlus
Mods by directory (subdirs of GameData):
000_Toolbar
BoulderCo
DavonSupplyMod
DMagic Orbital Science
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
JSI
KSPX
NASAmission
NearFuture
OpenResourceSystem
Squad
TextureReplacer
ThunderAerospace
TriggerTech
TweakScale
UmbraSpaceIndustries
US_Core
US_KAS

ModularFuelTanks should be listed in the first section, "Mod DLLs found", with a version number but it is listed in the second section instead, "Non-DLL mods added".

What version are you using? The latest is v5.1.1. Try updating to that.

Also, it looks like there are newer versions of both Tweak Scale and Procedural Fairings. Update those also.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64117-0-24-2-Modular-Fuel-Tanks-v5-1-1

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234-24-2-TweakScale-Rescale-Everything!-%28v1-37-2014-08-05-13-35-UTC%29

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/39512-0-24-2-Procedural-Fairings-3-09-procedural-costs-Win64-decoupler-fix-%28August-3%29

Thank you for providing a problem description along with the full log file. It really helps when trying to track down the issue. Especially since this had nothing to do with my mod.

For some reason my water resource is NOT tweakable, all other resources are accept Water and I don't know why... any thoughts?

It sounds like there is another mod providing a definition for the Water resource. Look for a file with something like this in it:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Water
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0.0001
}

Or search your log file for something like this:

Config(RESOURCE_DEFINITION) <whatever mod path>/Water

Edited by TaranisElsu

Anyone mind if I package MiniAVC (Add-on Version Checker) with my mod?

From cybutek, MiniAVC's developer:

DEVELOPERS

If you wish your add-on to have KSP-AVC support even if the player does not have the KSP-AVC Plugin installed, you may use MiniAVC. Just bundle the .dll in with your mod and version files. Because of the bundled nature, the player will be given the option to allow update checking on the first run. If the player does disable update checking, it will continue to run in local mode assessing game version compatibility. MiniAVC will always run from the most up-to-date version which has been bundled with any of the installed add-ons. If a player has KSP-AVC Plugin installed, MiniAVC will automatically be disabled to allow the KSP-AVC Plugin to run.

For more information read the online readme file.

Get MiniAVC Here!

The source code and project is part of the same repository on GitHub as KSP-AVC Plugin.

Licensed under GNU General Public License v3

Additionally

This software searches through just the KSP installation directory and subfolders.

This software gets remote information depending on what is set in a .version file.

This software has the ability to open up a browser window to what is set in a .version file.

All remote destinations set in .version files are up to the respective add-on developers and I hold no responsibility for how these features are used.

Learn more about the KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin.

Note that it is opt-in. It asks you whether you want to allow update checks before it ever makes an outside connection. It also does not send anything to the external server. It is just making a GET request to download the latest .version file that I posted on cybutek's website.

You might recognize cybutek as the creator of the Kerbal Engineer, another popular and highly recommended mod.

I personally don't mind, and trust you on this one. I suppose a mod author could always make a web call without us knowing, so if someone intended to be malicious about it, they wouldn't need this, and versioning support would be nice.

I'm ok with it, but as I said to cybutek... tread lightly. You know this isn't the best of times to bundle something with your mod.

I really like the idea (in fact I am running the full AVC), just consider if it's worth the risk.

In your log file, it looks like ModularFuelTanks has an issue:

Non platform assembly: c:\games\KSP_winback\GameData\ModularFuelTanks\Plugins\modularFuelTanks.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'modularFuelTanks': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Additional information about this exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks+FuelTank' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks+FuelTankList' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.MFSSettings+TankDefinition' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RealFuels.MFSSettings+TankDefinitionList' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FuelInfo' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<UpdateTankType>c__AnonStorey0' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<UpdateUsedBy>c__AnonStorey1' from assembly 'modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[ModuleManager] compiling list of loaded mods...
Mod DLLs found:
Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
ModuleManager v2.2.0.0
aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0
ActiveTextureManagement v1.0.0.0
CactEye v1.0.0.0
CET_FSanimateGeneric v1.0.0.0
Chatterer v0.5.9.2
CrossFeedEnabler v1.0.0.0
DavonRestrictedResourceSupplyModule v1.0.0.0
DMagic v0.8.2.0
CityLights v1.0.0.0
Clouds v1.0.0.0
Geometry v1.0.0.0
OverlayMgr v1.0.0.0
Terrain v1.0.0.0
Firespitter v7.0.5320.35444
MechJeb2 v2.3.0.0
RasterPropMonitor v0.17.0.0
MechJebRPM v0.17.0.0
KAS v1.0.5325.39758
KerbalEngineer v1.0.3.0
LitJson v0.7.0.0
NearFutureElectrical v1.0.0.0
NearFuturePropulsion v1.0.0.0
NearFutureSolar v1.0.0.0
OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0 v1.1.0.0
KSPAPIExtensions v1.6.3.0
ProceduralFairings v0.0.0.0
RealChute v1.2.5321.29610
JsonFx v2.0.1209.2800
ModStatistics v1.0.5311.28247
SCANsat v1.0.6.0
TacLifeSupport v0.9.0.0
TreeLoader v1.1.3.0
KerbalAlarmClock v2.7.2.0
Scale v1.33.0.0
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0
Karbonite v1.0.0.0
KolonyTools v0.16.0.0
USITools v1.0.0.0
Lifeboat v0.1.2.0
AdvancedAnimator v1.0.5205.2310
Non-DLL mods added:
ModularFuelTanks
SpaceplanePlus
Mods by directory (subdirs of GameData):
000_Toolbar
BoulderCo
DavonSupplyMod
DMagic Orbital Science
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
JSI
KSPX
NASAmission
NearFuture
OpenResourceSystem
Squad
TextureReplacer
ThunderAerospace
TriggerTech
TweakScale
UmbraSpaceIndustries
US_Core
US_KAS

ModularFuelTanks should be listed in the first section, "Mod DLLs found", with a version number but it is listed in the second section instead, "Non-DLL mods added".

What version are you using? The latest is v5.1.1. Try updating to that.

Also, it looks like there are newer versions of both Tweak Scale and Procedural Fairings. Update those also.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64117-0-24-2-Modular-Fuel-Tanks-v5-1-1

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234-24-2-TweakScale-Rescale-Everything!-%28v1-37-2014-08-05-13-35-UTC%29

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/39512-0-24-2-Procedural-Fairings-3-09-procedural-costs-Win64-decoupler-fix-%28August-3%29

Thank you for providing a problem description along with the full log file. It really helps when trying to track down the issue. Especially since this had nothing to do with my mod.

It sounds like there is another mod providing a definition for the Water resource. Look for a file with something like this in it:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Water
density = 0.0010000000
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 0.0001
}

Or search your log file for something like this:

Config(RESOURCE_DEFINITION) <whatever mod path>/Water

I just have to say, that was a really cool post to read. You are quite the modder Taranis, my hat is off to you good sir.

Since it leads to a common mistake when installing my mods, I would like to gather your opinions and see if there are strong feelings one way or the other. Please answer this quick straw poll:

In your opinion, should I group all of my mods under the ThunderAerospace directory or not?

http://strawpoll.me/2298616

So I havn't updated this in awhile, granted, but it appears with .24 update that 1 oxygen is the starting command pod is equivalent to 4 minutes. In comparison to 1 water which is 2 days, and 1 food which is 4 days, this seems to be odd to me. This a bug in my installation or did values for oxygen go WAY up?

EDIT: Nvm, I guess this was related to loading a pod created before I updated. Using a new starting pod it has .71 food, 1.35 water, and 228.2 oxygen. All of which lasts about 3 days even. Is this correct?

Edited by Gaugeforever

So I havn't updated this in awhile, granted, but it appears with .24 update that 1 oxygen is the starting command pod is equivalent to 4 minutes. In comparison to 1 water which is 2 days, and 1 food which is 4 days, this seems to be odd to me. This a bug in my installation or did values for oxygen go WAY up?

EDIT: Nvm, I guess this was related to loading a pod created before I updated. Using a new starting pod it has .71 food, 1.35 water, and 228.2 oxygen. All of which lasts about 3 days even. Is this correct?

That sounds correct. 0.8 and below used 1 unit of resource = 24 Kerbal-hours. 0.9 changed the resource densities and rates based on 1 unit=1 liter at STP.