[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Hey, has anyone else been experiencing a problem where going faster than a few m/s causes the food and water to rapidly drain, killing any kerbals instantly? I haven't downloaded any mods recently, and I don't know why an incompatibility would suddenly arise out of something that was once stable. I've tried redownloading TACLS, to no avail. It seems to happen regardless of what parts are on the ship, and seemingly only on fresh launches; anything that's already cleared the atmosphere seems fine. Any help?

Hey, has anyone else been experiencing a problem where going faster than a few m/s causes the food and water to rapidly drain, killing any kerbals instantly? I haven't downloaded any mods recently, and I don't know why an incompatibility would suddenly arise out of something that was once stable. I've tried redownloading TACLS, to no avail. It seems to happen regardless of what parts are on the ship, and seemingly only on fresh launches; anything that's already cleared the atmosphere seems fine. Any help?

Please read https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Help and follow the instructions.

Changes

• Added support for the KSP Add-on Version Checker (KSP-AVC) and the KSP-AVC plug-in.
  • Moved the OX-STAT earlier on the tech tree, to tier 4. Justification: stock allows sending manned craft to the moons or other planets almost right away. Life Support severely limits that, mainly electricity requirements because supply containers are available in the Survivability node (tier 3).
  • Added some logging to the InstallChecker. Should help when trying to debug people's installs.
  • Rescue Kerbals now start with resources. The first time a Rescue-mission Kerbal is encountered, it is given 10-90% of the normal resource amounts. That gives anywhere from 36 minutes to 5:24 hours to complete the rendezvous and get the Kerbal aboard. You will need to be careful that you do not get too close before you are ready.

Notice

Now includes the KSP Add-on Version Checker's MiniAVC. It does a GET request to http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/ to find the latest release number. It is opt-in and no information is sent to the server. I recommend downloading the full KSP-AVC Plugin to get the most out of it. And encourage other mod authors to support it.

with the last version i used (the .9.0.10 prerelease) when a station isnt focused i noticed lifesupport conversions seem to stop taking place and i keep getting notified that my station is depleting oxygen or something until i refocus on it and let it replenish supplies for a while. now i just noticed the new version of TAC-LS this morning and so havent had a chance to test it with my OKS stations yet but my question is does this one add on-rails life support conversions or should i just overstock my station with life support if i wanna leave it unfocused for a while?

with the last version i used (the .9.0.10 prerelease) when a station isnt focused i noticed lifesupport conversions seem to stop taking place and i keep getting notified that my station is depleting oxygen or something until i refocus on it and let it replenish supplies for a while. now i just noticed the new version of TAC-LS this morning and so havent had a chance to test it with my OKS stations yet but my question is does this one add on-rails life support conversions or should i just overstock my station with life support if i wanna leave it unfocused for a while?

TAC simulates on-rails operation by running at fast-forward rates the next time you load the vessel until it's caught up. This has been in TacGenericConverter at least since 0.8. When you switch away from a ship with life support, the mod sets a timer for how long it will take to use the amounts of resources that are in storage and issues the resource-depleted warnings at that time. Those timers don't take into account on-board production of supplies because production might change for reasons that can't be accurately predicted, so messages are issued based on the worst case of no production.

You should be able to ignore a resource-depleted message if you know that you have production in place that will cover what you're using.

TAC simulates on-rails operation by running at fast-forward rates the next time you load the vessel until it's caught up. This has been in TacGenericConverter at least since 0.8. When you switch away from a ship with life support, the mod sets a timer for how long it will take to use the amounts of resources that are in storage and issues the resource-depleted warnings at that time. Those timers don't take into account on-board production of supplies because production might change for reasons that can't be accurately predicted, so messages are issued based on the worst case of no production.

You should be able to ignore a resource-depleted message if you know that you have production in place that will cover what you're using.

Thanks very much thats exactly what i needed to know

Sorry if this has been asked before (I only had time to peruse the posts). When I EVA a Kerbal right now, it sends him out with zero resources. I immediately get the "...has run out of..." messages for all resources and get the red negative numbers. I have left the configuration setup as default, except for disabling respawn.

Is there a config file that I can edit to get around this, or is there a known cause.

Note - this is for the 0.24.2 and the latest version of TAC.

Thanks!

have TAC 0.9.0.6 and im getting the dying of air toxicity msg and losing kerbals when there is plenty of space in a container for CO2 and even the actual command pod has NO CO2 in it. any idea what to do about this? running 64 bit version KSP

have TAC 0.9.0.6 and im getting the dying of air toxicity msg and losing kerbals when there is plenty of space in a container for CO2 and even the actual command pod has NO CO2 in it. any idea what to do about this? running 64 bit version KSP

CO2 doesn't negatively affect Kerbals. Do you have adequate power? Air toxicity comes from not having power to recirculate the atmosphere. Also blanket KSP-64-bit-is-a-dark-and-scary-place statement applies.

CO2 doesn't negatively affect Kerbals. Do you have adequate power? Air toxicity comes from not having power to recirculate the atmosphere. Also blanket KSP-64-bit-is-a-dark-and-scary-place statement applies.

ahhh yup..that would be it. didnt know that would have an affect. thanks

Perhaps the message should be modified to point users in the right direction? ("Died of air toxicity, due to lack of electricity")

Are there any big tanks that support TAC life support? I used to use Tal's spherical and torrodial tanks, but it doesn't seem to be updated for .24. That seems to be true for all the other mods out there that have a similar function that I know of.

I haven't come up with a reasonable search yet, so I was hoping that someone had a secret link to a tutorial for TAC? Specifically using and planning the use of recyclers on long duration missions. I've been using TAC since .23 and it is awesome, but thus fare I'm just lofting full life support (and now waste) parts, and I think/hope I could be doing things better if I'd include recyclers instead of life support.

I made a spreadsheet to calculate it (yes, I'm thatl azy because it's simple mathematics). It works perfectlly fine for carbon extractors and water filters, while for the sabatiers and water splitter its.... wel.... in progress :)

If you want, I can send you the file that calculates the time with and without recyclers.

Hi guys!

I'm in a little confusion here.

I've installed 0.9 version (have a buch of other mods like mks and some 0.24 saves). There is a large storage part for Food, Water and Oxygen and it show me that it contains resources for 2000+ days kerbin days (or 500+ earth days) for 1 kerman. That's a... huge amount for me.

Is it a correct amount or something gone wrong with my installation? Cause i can stack up like a dozen of thoose containers and get an amount of supplies that overcome any possible needs. It's not fun =\

The large containers aren't meant to be used by a single kerbal, really. Those are intended for seriously long, multi-kerbal missions and/or colonies. Also, in just stacking supplies like that, you're consciously choosing to bypass the mechanics entirely, so that's on you.

That being said, I still kind of agree with your point; has anyone suggested maybe adding a spoil rate for food, so if you pack a ton onto a vessel with a single kerbal, much of it will go bad? Just an idea. Then you could add more balance for long missions by adding cryo-storage containers of food that are heavier (on account of refrigeration).

Changes

• Finished rebalancing and added costs. Note that all the consumption rates changed, and the amounts of resources in all vessels changed. Your ships may have more or less supplies, and may have more or less delta-V because the masses of all the containers and recyclers also changed.
  • The InstallChecker now runs on the loading screen instead of waiting until the main menu. I also added more logging, and added checks for changes since 0.9.1.
  • Fixed issue with click-through in the Space Center and Editor scenes.

Warning: I recommend a full delete and re-install when upgrading to this version.

Read some important notes about upgrading from previous versions.

0.8, 0.9 and 0.10 all have the same issue for me, KSP crashes as soon i enter the VAB when TAC Lifesupport is installed.

Removing the mod, and KSP runs just fine here.

I've examined the output_log.txt thats created on crashing, but it hardly reveals any relevant information, only line that vaguely shows an issue is the last 2 lines in the log

Crash!!!

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'De bewerking is voltooid.' (Address: 00000000)

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'De bewerking is voltooid.' (Address: 00000000)

I cant find any further info in any log file that could show what issue might be causing this.

Now i do run a number of mods :

at might be an conflict, not certain, havent done yet a one by one mod test to see with what mod the issue starts

[ModuleManager] compiling list of loaded mods...

Mod DLLs found:

Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0

ModuleManager.2.2.2 v2.2.2.0

aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0

ActiveTextureManagement v1.0.0.0

CritterCrawler v0.0.0.0

BDAnimationModules v0.0.0.0

CrossFeedEnabler v1.0.0.0

Engineer v0.6.2.9

EngineerToolbar v1.0.2.1

EnhancedNavBall v1.3.2.0

Firespitter v7.0.5345.15503

MechJeb2 v2.3.0.0

RasterPropMonitor v0.17.0.0

MechJebRPM v0.17.0.0

KAS v1.0.5325.39758

km_Gimbal_2.0 v1.0.5320.17441

km_Lib v1.0.5321.16176

JsonFx v2.0.1209.2800

ModStatistics v1.0.5311.28247

NearFutureElectrical v1.0.0.0

KSPAPIExtensions v1.7.0.0

NearFuturePropulsion v1.0.0.0

NearFutureSolar v1.0.0.0

OpenResourceSystem_1_2_0 v1.2.0.0

RemoteTech2 v1.0.0.0

ModuleResourceConverter v1.0.0.0

OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0 v1.1.0.0

SCANsat v1.0.6.0

SmokeScreen v0.9.0.0

MiniAVC v1.0.2.1

TacLifeSupport v0.10.0.0

ModuleDB v1.0.5341.14810

ToadicusTools v0.0.0.0

TreeLoader v1.1.3.0

KerbalAlarmClock v2.7.8.2

KSPAlternateResourcePanel v2.5.1.0

TweakableAnimateGeneric v1.2.5341.14808

TweakableDecouplers v1.4.5341.14805

TweakableDockingNode v1.1.5341.14805

TweakableEngineFairings v1.0.5341.14809

TweakableEVA v1.4.5341.14810

TweakableGimbals v1.3.5341.14807

TweakableIntakes v1.4.5341.14811

TweakableLadders v1.2.5341.14807

TweakableRCS v1.3.5341.14808

TweakableReactionWheels v1.2.5341.14806

TweakableSolarPanels v1.2.5341.14806

TweakableStaging v1.4.5341.14804

DynamicTanks v1.0.0.0

Karbonite v1.0.0.0

KolonyTools v0.16.0.0

USITools v1.0.0.0

USI_Converter v1.0.0.0

Lifeboat v0.1.2.0

Non-DLL mods added:

SpaceplanePlus

TweakableEverything

Mods by directory (subdirs of GameData):

000_Toolbar

ART

ASET

BahaSP

BoulderCo

BoxSat alpha

CommunityResourcePack

JSI

Klockheed_Martian

KSO

NASAmission

NearFutureConstruction

NearFutureSpacecraft

OpenResourceSystem

ResourceConverter

Squad

TextureReplacer

ThunderAerospace

TriggerTech

TurboNisu

UmbraSpaceIndustries

For now i just leave TAC for what it is, pity though..