[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

THESE TEXTURES NOW HAVE A NEW HOME, PLEASE SEE...

Download Link: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/28/TMS%20TAC%20Life%20Support%20Retexture

Forum Thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124302

Had a couple of folks ask me to update the textures I did a few months ago so that they fit with TAC version 0.10 (thanks again, encouragement is good).

In this v2.1 update:

• Textures converted to PNG
  • Waste containers textures added
  • Sabatier Reactor textures added
  • Texture support for Modular Fuel Tanks
  • Customised toolbar textures

Download Link: http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/28/TMS_TAC_Life_Support_Retexture

(same pics, but not much has changed)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by TMS

I'm having a problem with TAC .10 I'm on the latest KSP .24.2 on mac 10.9 and for the life of me I cannot find the food/air/water containers. I see the recyclers in the utility section, second page, but nothing else. Are the rest of the containers somewhere else?

Had a couple of folks ask me to update the textures I did a few months ago so that they fit with TAC version 0.10 (thanks again, encouragement is good).

In this v2.1 update:

• Textures converted to PNG
  • Waste containers textures added
  • Sabatier Reactor textures added
  • Texture support for Modular Fuel Tanks
  • Customised toolbar textures

Download Link: http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/28/TMS_TAC_Life_Support_Retexture

(same pics, but not much has changed)

http://imgur.com/a/aBaOD

Lovely textures, going straight into my game! :D

Sorry if this has been asked before (I only had time to peruse the posts). When I EVA a Kerbal right now, it sends him out with zero resources. I immediately get the "...has run out of..." messages for all resources and get the red negative numbers. I have left the configuration setup as default, except for disabling respawn.

Is there a config file that I can edit to get around this, or is there a known cause.

Note - this is for the 0.24.2 and the latest version of TAC.

Thanks!

I also recently had this issue, and I fixed it by deleting/reinstalling KSP and all my mods. Total PITA but it's probably easier than manually going through all the cfg files to find the offending material.

Hi guys, just a heads up that we've released our first build of the Universal Storage TAC pack!

0wR5EAL.jpg

It is based on stock TAC consumption (Kerbals consuming at 25% the rate of a person, due to their size) but from tanks designed around volumes that would exist realistically at 1.25 and 2.5m in-game part sizes. This means our part capacities are accurate (Paul's measured the things based around the cubic volume of the wedges, worked out cryogenic gas compression, referencing NASA resource densities and stuff, and has also made physical 1:1 models), but that means our parts take ages to deplete when coupled with Kerbals who nibble things at 25% the rate of a real life astronaut. This is great for people who love long distance missions with low partcounts, but for gameplay balancing, its a little OP. You can change the consumption rate to 100% in TAC itself to tweak their appetite into that of a real-life astronaut, but that can break things in other mods.

So! We have included an optional config that quarters the capacity of all Universal Storage wedges, to level the playing field. More info on Pauls site here.

Totally up to you how you want to play with it :)

You will also need to download OKBillyBunnyFace's resource converter plugin, to make our generators work. This was accidentally omitted from the bundle, but its available here. Just plug it into the Gamedata folder like you would any other mod.

Enjoy!

Edited by Daishi

Have some more encouragement, thank you for these, they look great :)

Having an issue that seems to be stemming from this mod. I was playing normally tonight, and suddenly my game crashes while I'm working on a probe. I figure that's fine, I just saved. I reload the game, and now every time I try to load that saved game, it crashes at the same point (Gist of the log). From what I can tell by the debug messages and source, it successfully adds resources to the eva, but then dies before the next debug message. If ya need, I can try to compile a list of my mods (there are quite a few), though I haven't altered any of them since I started this save.

TAC isn't adding resources to my command parts even though the mod appears to be installed correctly, including Module Manager and the configs from TAC. I have no idea where to start as the log file is too large for my brain to handle. Note that I deleted TacLifeSupportRecyclers before this startup, so that may be in there.

Even though I have zero Module Manager experience, this bit in the MM config for adding resources to pods caught my eye:

NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]

Does TAC require Real Fuels? I use MFT already but would rather not use RF and the OP only mentions Module Manager as a dependency.

Does TAC require Real Fuels? I use MFT already but would rather not use RF and the OP only mentions Module Manager as a dependency.

It doesn't require any of these. I have little experience too but '!' before variable usually negates (can't find better word) it so it probably requires that there is no MFT/RF modules :)

And about your issue, check if you do not have any additional ModuleManager dll files somewhere in GameData. Usually older versions can mess stuff up, delete all of them. Same thing with Firespitter.dll (another widely used plugin) - just by the way.

PS. If anyone is interested in not-so-realistic but still working and intuitive configs (same number od days supply in mixed, same number of days in same sizes of specialized containers) for HexCans and CTB (and stock LS containers but they are updated), pm me.

Edited by dzikakulka

Having an issue that seems to be stemming from this mod. I was playing normally tonight, and suddenly my game crashes while I'm working on a probe. I figure that's fine, I just saved. I reload the game, and now every time I try to load that saved game, it crashes at the same point (Gist of the log). From what I can tell by the debug messages and source, it successfully adds resources to the eva, but then dies before the next debug message. If ya need, I can try to compile a list of my mods (there are quite a few), though I haven't altered any of them since I started this save.

I basically had the same issue too. After a few days of tracking down the problem, I have determined the problem to be in TAC-LS 0.10. Just remove TAC-LS and you can load your game. Resources won't be used until a bug fix is out (hopefully, in the next release).

It doesn't require any of these. I have little experience too but '!' before variable usually negates (can't find better word) it so it probably requires that there is no MFT/RF modules :)

And about your issue, check if you do not have any additional ModuleManager dll files somewhere in GameData. Usually older versions can mess stuff up, delete all of them. Same thing with Firespitter.dll (another widely used plugin) - just by the way.

It seems a bit odd to state that things aren't needed in a file like that, but what do I know.:confused:

I only keep one copy of each plugin and both are up to date.

Hello,

I've made some parts and I wish to incorporate tacls. I've calculated the storage volume of my parts in meters cubed. I was going to use the resource density to calculate how much resource to incorporate, but I wasn't sure of the units in tacresource.cfg. Additionally could you folks confirm that L (liters), would be the unit for my part cfgs? A side note, only one of my parts contains a cmd module, the rest are fuselage style parts. Thank you for your time!

Edited by somewhatcasual

Hey all. There was an add on of life support containers that used the models of I believe the goo canister, or perhaps the radial mono propellent fuel tanks that look very similar. They came in many different sizes, and I really liked them but I can't seem to find them now. I was using them only a few months ago with .23. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to find them? :D

I basically had the same issue too. After a few days of tracking down the problem, I have determined the problem to be in TAC-LS 0.10. Just remove TAC-LS and you can load your game. Resources won't be used until a bug fix is out (hopefully, in the next release).

Interesting.... I loaded a different savegame (a sandbox I use to make sure everything is working correctly), then quit back to the menu and reloaded my main save and it loaded ok.... not sure what's up there, but I guess as long as I can get it loaded somehow...

Hey all. There was an add on of life support containers that used the models of I believe the goo canister, or perhaps the radial mono propellent fuel tanks that look very similar. They came in many different sizes, and I really liked them but I can't seem to find them now. I was using them only a few months ago with .23. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to find them? :D

Those would be mine I'm guessing. NOTE: They haven't been updated for Tac LS 9+. I'm going to get around to it someday soon.

TAC isn't adding resources to my command parts even though the mod appears to be installed correctly, including Module Manager and the configs from TAC. I have no idea where to start as the log file is too large for my brain to handle. Note that I deleted TacLifeSupportRecyclers before this startup, so that may be in there.

Even though I have zero Module Manager experience, this bit in the MM config for adding resources to pods caught my eye:

NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]

An update on this:

It seems installing only Modular Fuel Tanks was keeping my pods from having resources assigned to them if they didn't already have them. Pods that started with them (DERP Lifeboat) worked properly, but the stock and Spaceplane+ pods held no resources besides electricity and monoprop. The electricity was properly increased to TAC levels, though.

Deleting Modular Fuel Tanks seems to have resolved the issue; handily I think the mod I had that required it got uninstalled a while ago...maybe.:confused:

Are there any issues with TAC compatibility with other popular mods?

Yesterday I've installed TAC and my game started crashing on loading saves. I've deleted all mods and installed them again. I've started Career Moe today, played for 2 hours, then I've added TAC parts to my rocket. During one of test launches game froze on loading screen. I couldn't even shut KSP down in task manager(issue with unability to click things when KSP is minimized), so I had to restart system. Now my save file is corrupted. ;/ There were no problems like that before I've installed TAC.

EDIT:

I checked the logs, I think that's memory issue. :/

Edited by jamqdlaty

No, I tested again today, TAC-LS 0.10 has a problem SOMEWHERE. It was just crashing after attempting to resume a game. Even one just started about an hour before. Now today, I've enhanced my system a bit more with more cool stuff and with TAC-LS installed, it won't even get to the main game menu.

This is of course on KSP-64 though. KSP wants 7.9 gigs of memory, so 32bit is OUT.

KSP-64 seems to be mostly working fine for me (without TACLS). I played all day yesterday without a single crash. It has a few quirks like the Kerbal's faces in the three windows at the bottom right not getting updated but once a second. But nothing game stopping. Now I'll admit, it has a history of crashing at seemingly random spots. But it seems it's getting less and less of late. So how is that when KSP hasn't been updated for some time from Squad? I'll tell you how, the mods have been updated. And as time goes on, they find bugs and get them fixed. So, conclusion is, that not all those crashes are the fault of KSP-64.