[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

rejoice!

changes

• recompiled for ksp 0.25: Fixed build aid window and broken part sizes.
  • updated part research costs to be more reasonable.
  • updated to latest miniavc

wooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to think 0.25 is the patch where all the mod authors stop supporting winx64 :(

Ah well, I guess I need to try to make 32bit workable, I can't continue without life support now! :>

Don't whine about the mod authors, whine to Squad that they either need to ship something that is actually stable or don't ship it at all. Even Squad admits it's not stable, so why should other developers support their own add-on on a program that even stock with no mods can crash randomly.

Thanks a lot for the 0.25 update! Awesome mod by the way. :D

People having problems with the 32 bit "memory restriction" should try the "-force-opengl" launch parameter. Discovered that yesterday (someone posted a link somewhere to the forum thread about this) and I was very surprised to see the RAM usage drop by more than 1GB in OpenGL mode!

Hope this help!

I get a strange graphics glitch when I mouse over the life support containers, and waste life support containers, regardless of shape/size. In the VAB, when mouse-over in parts window, the image just "zooms" in continuously without any control, until it zooms out so much that it just dissapears. The item "window" in the options will show no thumbnail until you change to a different options tab and come back. If you select the item -- regardless of the sample-image showing or not -- you will get a correct-sized bug-free item. It only seems to affect the graphics for the image in the build menu.

I was using the Universal Storage TAC mod, I will try removing that and will post back if that fixes it. Maybe it needs to update alongside TAC.

--Holy

I get a strange graphics glitch when I mouse over the life support containers, and waste life support containers, regardless of shape/size. In the VAB, when mouse-over in parts window, the image just "zooms" in continuously without any control, until it zooms out so much that it just dissapears. The item "window" in the options will show no thumbnail until you change to a different options tab and come back. If you select the item -- regardless of the sample-image showing or not -- you will get a correct-sized bug-free item. It only seems to affect the graphics for the image in the build menu.

I was using the Universal Storage TAC mod, I will try removing that and will post back if that fixes it. Maybe it needs to update alongside TAC.

--Holy

I've had that bug on other parts. Lately on a crew module that was copied from my last save with TAC resources in the cfg even though I didn't yet have the mod. Removing the resources fixed that zoom problem. I recall it happening with someone's experimental greenhouse part in an older version. So it seems to be somewhat related to TACLS, but I dunno if anyone knows what the exact problem is.

In totally unrelated issues, does anyone know how to phrase a MM patch (or edit the pre-packaged MM patch with TACLS) to prevent that patch from adding resources to specific command pods? I've been trying to figure out the MM syntax, but without seeing an example of how FINAL: is used, I can't quite figure it out...

--Holy

I'm fairly certain this is a KSP bug. If I recall, the bug had to do with parts that had two or more resources defined, but no modules? I'm not entirely sure I am remembering that correctly. I _do_ remember that one work around was to include a squad module like

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSAS

}

Don't whine about the mod authors, whine to Squad that they either need to ship something that is actually stable or don't ship it at all. Even Squad admits it's not stable, so why should other developers support their own add-on on a program that even stock with no mods can crash randomly.

I can go one step further in this inception-esque situation - Squad is very much dependant on Unity which is the game engine which drives KSP. The 64-bit version of Unity is very buggy at the moment and a lot of people are waiting for unity to come out with a more stable version. I think squad's hand was forced a bit as everyone wanted 64-bit despite squads reservations that this would cause crashes which is why they put Unstable across all their Windows 64-bit offerings. Hopefully either Unity comes out with a better version or Squad manages to iron out all the unity bugs to make it playable with no issues. I believe there is a ksp reddit community out there assisting them with this endeavour.

--Holy

Log file? See my signature for instructions.

I've had that bug on other parts. Lately on a crew module that was copied from my last save with TAC resources in the cfg even though I didn't yet have the mod. Removing the resources fixed that zoom problem. I recall it happening with someone's experimental greenhouse part in an older version. So it seems to be somewhat related to TACLS, but I dunno if anyone knows what the exact problem is.
I'm fairly certain this is a KSP bug. If I recall, the bug had to do with parts that had two or more resources defined, but no modules? I'm not entirely sure I am remembering that correctly. I _do_ remember that one work around was to include a squad module like

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSAS

}

It is a stock bug, reported back in 0.23. I have a work-around, which is why the containers have the LifeSupportModule even though that is not its purpose. I would guess that Holyvision does not have something installed correctly but without a log file, I am just guessing.

In totally unrelated issues, does anyone know how to phrase a MM patch (or edit the pre-packaged MM patch with TACLS) to prevent that patch from adding resources to specific command pods? I've been trying to figure out the MM syntax, but without seeing an example of how FINAL: is used, I can't quite figure it out...

There are two ways:

1. My MM cfg file checks if the Food resource is already defined on the part, and skips it if it is. So you can add 0 Food (or however much you want it to contain instead of 3 days):
    @PART[HERP_Pod]:BEFORE[TacLifeSupport]
    {
    RESOURCE
    {
    name = Food
    amount = 0
    maxAmount = 0
    }
    }

2. As they recommended in the MM thread: you can remove the resources in a FINAL or AFTER[TacLifeSupport] block.

@PART[HERP_Pod]:AFTER[TacLifeSupport]
    {
    !RESOURCE[Food]{}
    !RESOURCE[Water]{}
    !RESOURCE[Oxygen]{}
    !RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide]{}
    !RESOURCE[Waste]{}
    !RESOURCE[WasteWater]{}
    }

Please help if you have any idea whats going on. I cant get TACLS work in career mode (KSP 24.2, heavily modded). The strange thing is, it works perfectly on other modes (sandbox and science), but in career, its icon doesnt even show up on toolbar (nor in unchecked icons for toolbar), parts are here, also "working" but kerbals do not consume anything. BUT electricity is being consumed.

The only mods that are career-only (and thus be the only mods making the difference between working and not working) are these: Crowd-sourced Science Logs, Fine Print (moar and new contracts) and Stage Recovery. I am also using TAC self-destruct and Fuel Balancer along with MKS, but these are also present in other modes where LS works perfectly... If anyone heard of something similar happening, please let me know. I tried to google it, but without any reasonable results. Thanks in advance.

PS: Thunder Aerospace rocks!:wink:

Please help if you have any idea whats going on. I cant get TACLS work in career mode (KSP 24.2, heavily modded). The strange thing is, it works perfectly on other modes (sandbox and science), but in career, its icon doesnt even show up on toolbar (nor in unchecked icons for toolbar), parts are here, also "working" but kerbals do not consume anything. BUT electricity is being consumed.

The only mods that are career-only (and thus be the only mods making the difference between working and not working) are these: Crowd-sourced Science Logs, Fine Print (moar and new contracts) and Stage Recovery. I am also using TAC self-destruct and Fuel Balancer along with MKS, but these are also present in other modes where LS works perfectly... If anyone heard of something similar happening, please let me know. I tried to google it, but without any reasonable results. Thanks in advance.

PS: Thunder Aerospace rocks!:wink:

Log file? See my signature.

Log file? See my signature.

Sorry for not including it in original post. Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3of4vq7g7vc8uh1/output_log.txt?dl=0

Btw: OS: Win7 64-bit, but KSP running on 32-bit. Hope that helps.

I´m gonna try it on clean install, will post result as soon as I´m done.

EDIT: Everything runs smoothly on clean install (+toolbar and modulemanager, of course) on all three modes.

Edited by Wolfox

Sorry for not including it in original post. Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3of4vq7g7vc8uh1/output_log.txt?dl=0

Btw: OS: Win7 64-bit, but KSP running on 32-bit. Hope that helps.

I´m gonna try it on clean install, will post result as soon as I´m done.

I noticed that you also have Tarsier Space Tech. Would you make sure that you have the latest version? (That is compatible with your KSP version, I notice that you are still on 0.24.2.) Also, try making a KSP install with only Tarsier, TACLS, and MM.

Please let me know what you find out.

I noticed that you also have Tarsier Space Tech. Would you make sure that you have the latest version? (That is compatible with your KSP version, I notice that you are still on 0.24.2.) Also, try making a KSP install with only Tarsier, TACLS, and MM.

Please let me know what you find out.

Done, looks like you found it! Unfortunatelly, the conflict seems to be between Tarsier Space Tech and TACLS, but only in career mode. Tarsier not only make kerbals not consume anything, it also bugged the toolbar. Tarsier is the latest version for 24.2 (4.5c), so it looks like i will have to delete it for TACLS to function in career mode (kinda sad, i like their telescopes and rover parts :-/ )

EDIT: I wonder what is causing the interferrence? I´m not a programmer so I dont fully understand how the code works, and even tho i know that in software practically everything can affect anything, i dont really see the reason why they collide. :(

Edited by Wolfox

Done, looks like you found it! Unfortunatelly, the conflict seems to be between Tarsier Space Tech and TACLS, but only in career mode. Tarsier not only make kerbals not consume anything, it also bugged the toolbar. Tarsier is the latest version for 24.2 (4.5c), so it looks like i will have to delete it for TACLS to function in career mode (kinda sad, i like their telescopes and rover parts :-/ )

EDIT: I wonder what is causing the interferrence? I´m not a programmer so I dont fully understand how the code works, and even tho i know that in software practically everything can affect anything, i dont really see the reason why they collide. :(

Please report this to tobyb121. I thought he had fixed it -- the issue has come up several times before, dig back through this thread or his.

The problem has to do with TST throwing an error when KSP is loading a new scene, like the Space Center. The error is not handled and it stops KSP from loading any more modules, so it never tries to load mine or any that come after TST.

When reported to tobyb121 before, he indicated it might have something to do with it not initializing correctly when run on a new save.

This is the error (from your log file):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TarsierSpaceTech.TSTProgressTracker.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Here is the TSTProgressTracker.OnLoad method. I suspect line 168 but I don't know without digging more into his code.

After running KSP with TST installed, does it have a node named TSTProgressTracker in your persistent.sfs (or quicksave) file? And does it have a sub-node named TarsierSpaceTelescope?

After running KSP with TST installed, does it have a node named TSTProgressTracker in your persistent.sfs (or quicksave) file? And does it have a sub-node named TarsierSpaceTelescope?

Only these lines:

SCENARIO

{

name = TSTProgressTracker

scene = 5, 7, 6, 8

}

SCENARIO

{

name = StnSciScenario

scene = 5, 7, 6, 9

xp = 0

Edit: Following lines have nothing to do with TST (I believe, they are mentioning other mods). Is there something i could fill there to make it run? If is the problem caused when creating new save, it might help...

Edited by Wolfox

Only these lines:

SCENARIO

{

scene = 5, 7, 6, 8

}

SCENARIO

{

name = StnSciScenario

scene = 5, 7, 6, 9

xp = 0

Try adding an empty TarsierSpaceTelescope node and an empty TarsierChemCam node, like this:

SCENARIO
{
scene = 5, 7, 6, 8

TarsierSpaceTelescope
{
}
TarsierChemCam
{
}
}

You´re the best! It works! I guess i would get some problems with TST as soon as I would use that tech in my career... Really, thank you very much.

Where can I report this to tobyb121? Here on forums?