[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Yes, but it is bugged right now. If you try to install TAC-LS, it will make you choose one of the two config files to go with it, and then it errors out. If you choose a config file without TAC-LS, it automatically attempts to install TAC-LS as well and errors out. Errors submitted to CKAN Github.

As an aside, I believe the problem is that the core TAC-LS file has a config in it, and the two other configs are attempting to override it. I know there's a way to make this work, as DRE and Distant Object Enhancement both work fine with their respective configs in CKAN.

Love this mod. I keep KSP-Admin around merely for this mod and nothing else.

Sounds like something to take over to the CKAN thread...

No need... I already submitted it on CKAN Github...

I think you should have added your issue here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues . But CKAN has so many repositories that I have no idea. If you look long enough, you'll notice that there was a Pull Request that got rejected because they didn't know how to merge it. I created a new one tonight, we'll see if it gets accepted.

My main problem with CKAN is that it is being pushed way too hard for how mature it is. It needs some more work and attention, then everyone can jump on the bandwagon. As it is, the excitement is a bit premature.

I think you should have added your issue here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues . But CKAN has so many repositories that I have no idea. If you look long enough, you'll notice that there was a Pull Request that got rejected because they didn't know how to merge it. I created a new one tonight, we'll see if it gets accepted.

My main problem with CKAN is that it is being pushed way too hard for how mature it is. It needs some more work and attention, then everyone can jump on the bandwagon. As it is, the excitement is a bit premature.

Possibly. I submitted it to the location the error message suggested, which had to do with metadata, which may be correct... but who knows.

When CKAN works, it works. When it doesn't, eek. The real problem is, of course, that KSP doesn't have any built-in mod management. Well, that and there are so many parts of KSP that are enhanced by mods that probably should be stock.

This mod is definitely one of them. I understand that there is a balance between game and sim that the devs want to maintain, but the lack of life support in a game about going into space seems like a move in the wrong direction.

In any case, I am neither a champion of CKAN or a detractor. I was only responding to an earlier poster who couldn't find this mod on CKAN.

Thanks for all your hard work! My Kerbals and I appreciate it. :D

i have bin having problems. tanks that come in tac-ls and command pods aren't showing that they have resources in them but all the other parts works i have lots of other mods installed can some one help me fix this. i tried reinstating the mod but it dose not work.

" MODS:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Virgin Kalactic"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VNG"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\XanderTek"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\.DS_Store"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FinalFrontier.dat"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Landertron.cs"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.5.8.dll"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.ConfigCache"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.ConfigSHA"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\toolbar-settings.dat"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_FilterExtensions"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_Toolbar"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_USITools"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ActiveTextureManagement"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AIES_Aerospace"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AIPS"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\AutoAsparagus"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\B9_Aerospace"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BahaSP"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CactEye"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CommunityResourcePack"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractPacks"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CrossFeedEnabler"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\DDSLoader"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\DMagic Orbital Science"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Engineer"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FASA"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Firespitter"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\HGR"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\HullCameraVDS"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JSI"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalJointReinforcement"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KineTechAnimation"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KittopiaSpace"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kopernicus"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KWRocketry"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\LTech"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\masTerTorch"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\medsouz"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NASAmission"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NavyFish"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NEAR"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NearFutureElectrical"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NearFutureProps"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NearFutureSolar"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NearFutureSpacecraft"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NEBULA"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NehemiahInc"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Nereid"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NovaPunch2"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OpenResourceSystem"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ORSResourcePack"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\PartCatalog"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\PlanetShine"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ProbeControlRoom"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\QuantumStrutsContinued"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RealFuels"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RealSolarSystem"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Regolith"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ResGen"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SCANsat"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SH_mods"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SmokeScreen"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\StageRecovery"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\StationPartsExpansion"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SurfaceLights"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SXT"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ThrottleControlledAvionics"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TimeControl"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ToadicusTools"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Trajectories"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TreeLoader"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakableEverything"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScale"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UniversalStorage"

i have bin having problems. tanks that come in tac-ls and command pods aren't showing that they have resources in them but all the other parts works i have lots of other mods installed can some one help me fix this. i tried reinstating the mod but it dose not work.

I recently had the same problem. In my case it was apparently incompatibility in the way TAC and ModularFuelTanks edits parts, resulting in the same behaviour as you mention. Since RealFuels is, as far as I understand, pretty much based on the same approach, but with slightly different outcomes, my guess is you'll find removing RealFuels will solve the problem.

Hey Taranis,

great mod, I am using it for quite some time now.

However I found an issue with your mod and OKS/MKS from Roverdude. I will post the issue in his thread as well.

Your config forces every module, that has a command function/module, to include food/oxygen/water/etc.

However this creates an issue with the Power Units from the OKS/MKS mod (OKS_PDU and MKS_PDU): Those parts can hold up to two Kerbals and include Enriched Uranium, EC and Depleted Uranium. Your mod causes it to loose those three resources (and adds the lifesupport one's), which causes the power distribution unit to fail due to insufficient resources, which cannot be added to the unit.

My current fix is to delete the part which classifies these modules as ModuleCommand. This is a rather dirty fix though and there might be other issues I am not aware of (with this module as well as other modules).

Kind regards

caipi

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I found it: Modular Fuel Tanks is responsible.

Looks like it thinks there is not enough space for the resources after the TACLS resources have been added via MM. I suspect it calculates the available space only according to the last resources and not the additional initial.

Guess I'll have to remove MFT again or I have to add the TACLS resources to the PDUs manually. It should work, I suppose.

Apoligies for the fuzz.

Edited by caipi

Hey Taranis,

great mod, I am using it for quite some time now.

However I found an issue with your mod and OKS/MKS from Roverdude. I will post the issue in his thread as well.

Your config forces every module, that has a command function/module, to include food/oxygen/water/etc.

However this creates an issue with the Power Units from the OKS/MKS mod (OKS_PDU and MKS_PDU): Those parts can hold up to two Kerbals and include Enriched Uranium, EC and Depleted Uranium. Your mod causes it to loose those three resources (and adds the lifesupport one's), which causes the power distribution unit to fail due to insufficient resources, which cannot be added to the unit.

My current fix is to delete the part which classifies these modules as ModuleCommand. This is a rather dirty fix though and there might be other issues I am not aware of (with this module as well as other modules).

Kind regards

caipi

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I found it: Modular Fuel Tanks is responsible.

Looks like it thinks there is not enough space for the resources after the TACLS resources have been added via MM. I suspect it calculates the available space only according to the last resources and not the additional initial.

Guess I'll have to remove MFT again or I have to add the TACLS resources to the PDUs manually. It should work, I suppose.

Apoligies for the fuzz.

Yea he had warned about that in the latest release

Warning: has not been tested with ModularFuelTanks. Recent changes to MFT conflict with compatibility configs in this mod, so they will probably not work together. This is being worked on.

Hey Guys, i have a Problem, and i think i know it has something to do with some of my Mods, but i cant find out wich one. So i hope on your expierience, somebody had some same mods as me and the same Problem.

Now my Problem,

i have TAC Life Support, and at beginning at worket fine with me, compatible with Mechjeb2.

Later i installed some more Mods with latest release dates i could find, did a mission where i should orbit a space station arround kerbin and found out, TAC Life Support is there, but it dont work. so i have tons of Life Support Supplies on Board, but my Kerbals are not using them. But they are not starving or dieing. I looks so, TAC is just deco in my game and has no funktionality.

i cant give you the log, because i dont know how i can safe it to file and where to find it later.

so here is my system:

NVIDIA GForece 730 GTX Phantom

Pentium Core i5 7300

8 GB Ram

Windows 8.1 x64 (running over SSD)

Game running under x32 (over HDD)

Mod List i have, pls look if there is a Mod you know it gives issues to TAC.

BetterRoveMates

TinkerGnomeToys

slimMonopropellant

Gerdin_atmospherics

PMV-25

PMV-50

HooliganLabs

NearFutureSolar

TreeLoader

KSP Deutsch Patch

ShipManifest

TarsierSpaceTech

JSI

NearFutureProps

NearFutureSpacecraft

ModRocketSys

NearFutureElectrical

NearFutureConstruction

CollisionFX

Romfarer

CrossFeedEnabler

NearFuturePropulsion

SpaceY-Lifters

DMagic Orbital Science

Chatterer

MechJeb2

KAS

StationScience

PlanetShine

000_USITools

CommunityResourcePack

Regolith

KAX

Firespitter

SCANsat

ActiveTextureManagement

modulercsfx

Part for Marce

Part for Sirkut

Part for Wave

UmbraSpaceIndustries ->

• AMT
  • exppack
  • EZSnack
  • FTT
  • karbonite
  • karboniteplus
  • Kolonization
  • soundingrockets
  • srvpack
  • warpdrive

ThunderAerospace ->

• TacLifeSupport
  • TacLifeSupportContainers
  • TacLifeSupportHexCans
  • TacLifeSupportMFT
  • TacLifeSupportRecyclers

ModuleManager.2.5.9

Hope you can help me, thank you allready.

**EDIT**

i forgot to tell you, the toolbar symbol misses since this problem is here, so i do not become onformations about for how much time i have supplies, or can change variables.

Edited by Frettchen

Been toying around making custom welded parts and started on a replacement for the TAC air filter (IntakeAir->Oxygen). After reading the warning in the existing parts description that it wouldn't run when the vehicle is unfocused, I ran a few tests to work out exactly why.

I set up my custom part with two TacGenericConverter modules: one taking IntakeAir and ElectricCharge and creating Oxygen (Exactly as the stock one does) and the other only requiring the ElectricCharge. Both had the requiresOxygenAtmo flag set to true. I found that the module with the two inputs behaved as expected when the vehicle had focus, but (as warned) didn't create Oxygen when unfocused. The other module seemingly worked perfectly however - it creates Oxygen both when focused and unfocused, and only works on oxygenated planets. However (And this is the reason for my post), whilst it only works on planets with an oxygenated atmosphere, it does so at any height within or above the atmosphere.

I looked over the source code for the module and I think I've found an easy change that would fix this behavior. I believe this is the bit of code that handles the requiresOxygenAtmo flag:

[I]159[/I] {
[I]160[/I] converterStatus = "Atmo lacks oxygen.";
[I]161[/I] return;
[I]162[/I] }
[I]158[/I]  if (requiresOxygenAtmo && !vessel.mainBody.atmosphereContainsOxygen)

If this were to be changed to add an extra check that the vehicle is within the atmosphere (Or even below a certain point within the atmosphere as with the existing Kerbin behaviour detailed here) then a air filter that runs in the background could be a reality :)

Never done coding within KSP, but I've just looked over the API and I think this would work:

[I]159[/I] {
[I]160[/I] converterStatus = "Atmo lacks oxygen.";
[I]161[/I] return;
[I]162[/I] }
[I]158[/I]  if (requiresOxygenAtmo && !vessel.mainBody.atmosphereContainsOxygen[B] && vessel.mainBody.maxAtmosphereAltitude<vessel.orbit.altitude[/B])

Edit: Realised I had a > where I should of had a <

Edited by a__gun
>mistake<

Hey Guys, i have a Problem, and i think i know it has something to do with some of my Mods, but i cant find out wich one. So i hope on your expierience, somebody had some same mods as me and the same Problem.

Absolutely same problem here. I tried removing mods one by one, and it looks like there is a problem with TarsierSpaceTech - and it looks like the problem is in Tarsier, as it is a bit outdated.

There is an unofficially updated TarsierSpaceTech.dll in the mod's topic, and it looks like TACLS works with it, however I didn't yet have a chance to test it thoroughly.

Edited by Basilio

can you gove me a link to this new dll? because i installed me now "KSP-AVC Plugin 1.1.5" wich sayd me what mods i have to upgrade, and tarsier was not under them. its a very fine tool and tze "000 Toolbar" :)

with me the problem for TAC life support, aswell for SCANsat (nearly same problems) only are in Career Mode, in Sandbox and Sience Mode both mods working fine.

FYI, you need to delete MM_AddResources.cfg if you're using MFT or RealFuels. Otherwise, you wont be able to right click pods in the VAB.

I don't think there's any conflicts between this and MFT since the last update.

v5.4.2:

• MFT now deletes only those resources that it manages. That is, if a resource is in any of the available tank types but not in the current one, it will be deleted. However, Resources that are not listed in any available tank type will not be deleted. This fixes the problem of pods' ElectricCharge and MonoPropellant being deleted when TAC-LS is installed.

And I use both mods and have never had any problems right-clicking on the pods - only problems with MFT removing resources from them, which is now fixed. Maybe the problem lies elsewhere?

Hi,

Is the mod OK to install through CKAN now, or do I need to install this manually. Thanks :)

It is probably better to ask the CKAN folks

Disclaimer: I am not one of those CKAN folks, but I *am* the person who submitted a bug for the installation of TAC-LS on CKAN's github page (here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/issues/79)

The issue still shows as open. I haven't personally tried reinstalling it, as there hasn't been an update to TAC-LS. The issue on CKAN is that you have to have a configuration selected, but CKAN believes the config owner and the TAC-LS owner are different and won't allow for modification of the directory. Again, I haven't tried it lately.

In other news, TAC-LS was responsible for one of my more spectacular KSP moments, as Jeb had to be rescued from both the Mun *and* Munar orbit, and his diminishing life support made the whole incident a nail-biter. I love this mod. :D

Disclaimer: I am not one of those CKAN folks, but I *am* the person who submitted a bug for the installation of TAC-LS on CKAN's github page (here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/issues/79)

The issue still shows as open. I haven't personally tried reinstalling it, as there hasn't been an update to TAC-LS. The issue on CKAN is that you have to have a configuration selected, but CKAN believes the config owner and the TAC-LS owner are different and won't allow for modification of the directory. Again, I haven't tried it lately.

In other news, TAC-LS was responsible for one of my more spectacular KSP moments, as Jeb had to be rescued from both the Mun *and* Munar orbit, and his diminishing life support made the whole incident a nail-biter. I love this mod. :D

I installed it and I'm not getting any problems with it.

Edit: What I meant was I installed it without problems. Haven't gotten around to testing it yet.

Edited by ghimb2000

Sorry if this is already covered, I was unable to locate it in the 262 pages of threads :) I ran into an issue where TAC does not use the recyclers in the background. Basically if I am on a different station or ship the sabatier recyclers are not adding oxygen and the oxygen drops. While I have the same ship or station active they do add it back slowly. I am not sure if the kerbals will die since my main three are on the ship that is most affected (5 days of oxygen max) and don't want to risk loosing all of them! haha

Edited by Cobrattack

I have a base on the mun that has a fuel cell and solar panels, and if I rely on the solar panels for power, in the TAC life support toolbar it will act like the base does not produce any power. When I switch to the base, it is fine, with full power. Anyone have this problem, or can guess why this happens?

I've been searching around... has there been a part/config put out which would take Duna's or Eve's atmosphere CO2 (carbon dioxide) with air intakes?

Can the Air Filter do double duty to get CO2 instead of oxygen only on Eve and Duna. I haven't checked the code yet but I'm sure there already is a check somewhere for Laythe... so maybe something similar could be done to enable CO2 intake only on Eve and Duna.

If I do a ModuleManager patch with a CarbonDioxide outputResources as it stands, it could scrub CO2 from Kerbin's atmosphere too... which is not quite right given the concentrations involved here on Earth vs Mars/Venus.

Maybe the oxygen atmosphere flag could be used for this purpose. The CO2 intake would work only in the absence of an oxygen atmosphere, if requiresOxygenAtmo is set to false.

Also, where is the 0.063829787234043 value for oxygen output coming from? I've tried to figure if it was the molar, volume or mass ratio but at this time of the night, I'll sleep on it I think. :)

In the mean time, here's the ModuleManager config I did.

@PART[TacAirFilter]
{
MODULE
{
name = TacGenericConverter
converterName = Air Filter CO2

// A scaling factor by which the resource amounts are multiplied
conversionRate = 20

// A comma separated list of resources to use as inputs.
// For each resource, list the resource name and the amount (which
// is multiplied by the conversionRate)
inputResources = IntakeAir, 0.1, ElectricCharge, 1

// A comma separated list of resources to output. Same as above
// but also specify whether it should keep converting if the
// resource is full (generating excess that will be thrown away).
outputResources = CarbonDioxide, 0.063829787234043, false

requiresOxygenAtmo = false
}
}

Edited by Cairan

it would be nice if the small radial canisters were KAS grabable. I am struggling to think of ways to transfer resources to small rovers etc. Shame I have to resort to a 'pipe' to pump over top-ups rather than carrying a neat little hexagonal canister over.

I've been searching around... has there been a part/config put out which would take Duna's or Eve's atmosphere CO2 (carbon dioxide) with air intakes?

Can the Air Filter do double duty to get CO2 instead of oxygen only on Eve and Duna. I haven't checked the code yet but I'm sure there already is a check somewhere for Laythe... so maybe something similar could be done to enable CO2 intake only on Eve and Duna.

If I do a ModuleManager patch with a CarbonDioxide outputResources as it stands, it could scrub CO2 from Kerbin's atmosphere too... which is not quite right given the concentrations involved here on Earth vs Mars/Venus.

Maybe the oxygen atmosphere flag could be used for this purpose. The CO2 intake would work only in the absence of an oxygen atmosphere, if requiresOxygenAtmo is set to false.

Also, where is the 0.063829787234043 value for oxygen output coming from? I've tried to figure if it was the molar, volume or mass ratio but at this time of the night, I'll sleep on it I think. :)

In the mean time, here's the ModuleManager config I did. *snip*

The oxygen in atmosphere flag uses a data in the stock game to determine if the atmosphere contains oxygen. There is no such stock data for other elements (CO2 included) so this would be impossible without a resource mod. Your best bet is probably to look at Regolith/Karbonite.

The oxygen in atmosphere flag uses a data in the stock game to determine if the atmosphere contains oxygen. There is no such stock data for other elements (CO2 included) so this would be impossible without a resource mod. Your best bet is probably to look at Regolith/Karbonite.

Yeah I know I use Regolith/Karbonite. What I meant is that we could use the absence of oxygen to infer the presence of CO2, but that is Kerbol-specific. Eve and Duna are the only planets with an atmosphere but without oxygen, and their atmosphere most probably is in some large fraction CO2 (as inferred in multiple mods).