[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I apologize if this has been answered in an earlier reply, but I'm using this mod and TAC-LS, love them both, and am wondering about including the TAC-LS supplies in the NFT Spacecraft command pods. Adding supply tanks on to a craft where I'm using the NFT pods is not so much of a pain that I'm going avoid it, but it feels like overkill to add on dedicated supply parts when I'm just building an Ascent/Descent/Transfer vehicle.

I'm trying to learn more about modding, so I'd love to take a stab at tweaking the necessary files myself, but if anyone has a good starting point for this particular case, I'd be happy to hear it.

I copy-pasted this from my comment in the NFT thread. I'm adding this line because I feel bad copying and pasting without acknowledging my laziness.

Edit to acknowledge further laziness: Now that I'm looking at the TAC-LS source code, it looks like it should apply the LifeSupportModule to any part with crew capacity, so maybe I just need to reinstall.

Edited by atomant008

I started a new Sandbox game in 1.0.5 and from a first orbital flight it looks like current version TAC LS works as it did before, just ignore the warning during start-up.

@TaranisElsu Looks here good also but please have look following in line with new upcoming CKAN Fuzzy version changes as it is not automatically approved yet.

[TABLE="class: highlight tab-size js-file-line-container"]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]{[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-num js-line-number, align: right"][/TD]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "spec_version" : "v1.2",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "identifier" : "TACLS",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "author" : "Taranis Elsu",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "$kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/733",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "$vref" : "#/ckan/ksp-avc",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "license" : "CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "depends" : [[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] { "name" : "ModuleManager" },[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] { "name" : "TACLS-Config" }[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] ],[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "suggests" : [[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] { "name" : "KSP-AVC" }[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "install" : [[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] {[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "file" : "GameData/ThunderAerospace",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "install_to" : "GameData",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "filter_regexp" : "PluginData/TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport\\.cfg$"[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] }[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "resources" : {[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "homepage" : "https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "bugtracker" : "https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/issues",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] "repository" : "https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport"[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] },[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] "x_netkan_override" : [[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] {[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] "version" : "v0.11.1.20",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] "delete" : [ "ksp_version" ],[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] "override" : {[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] "ksp_version_min" : "1.0.2",[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] "ksp_version_max" : "1.0.4"[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] }[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line, bgcolor: #F8EEC7"] }[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"] ][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]}[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Edited by nobodyhasthis

Something came up in my game recently, and I'm curious if TACLS supports this in any way.

I've got a flying RCS tank with some solar cells and an external seat, called "The Celestial Throne of Wan Hu." Jeb took it out for a Thrilling Space Rescue recently and was away for a bit longer than planned, so a Second Thrilling Space Rescue was launched to rendezvous with him before his suit gave out.

Is there a way to add TACLS to an external seat? Imagine a second PLSS that Jeb can plug his suit into

Is there a way to add TACLS to an external seat? Imagine a second PLSS that Jeb can plug his suit into

If you want just a little bit more life support in a handy package, you might take a look at the EVA-X backpack (also surface-mountable) included with Universal Storage.

I've just started having issues with TAC Life and 1.0.5

Still researching but basically what happens is the food canisters (all 3 sizes) will not show up as an available item. It's almost like it's being filtered out (removed all filter mods) OR it's a tech level that I haven't reached yet even though I play sandbox. I've even created a little supply ship with food cans in another instance and then imported that ship into the 1.0.5 install. Works great, I see the cans and and manipulate them, I even see them suddenly available in the part tree to build with, but when they are attached to a crewed vessel, that new food quantity is not reflected in the computations for remaining supplies, and if I save and exit, then I return to find the food cans are still there on oany saved shiped but again have dissapeared from the parts avaiable and the ones on the saved shipped do not count in food calculations....

I"m sure it's some kind of conflict, but I run so many mods, it;s taking me forever to try and figure out which combination seems to suddenly kill TAC Life. This morning, I started at it again and I noticed that now NONE of the cannisters from TAC Life will actually seem to add to/extend the life of the crew in the TAC Life dialog.

I thought I'd pop in here and say something because I imagine someone else will eventually see this. In the interim, I am slowing working a fault tree to see if I can pin down exactly when the break occurs. It's important to note that in a vanilla install with just TAC Life .. it works perfect (even without mod fuel tanks and real fuels which has me scratching my head... )

~K

I've just started having issues with TAC Life and 1.0.5

Still researching but basically what happens is the food canisters (all 3 sizes) will not show up as an available item. It's almost like it's being filtered out (removed all filter mods) OR it's a tech level that I haven't reached yet even though I play sandbox. I've even created a little supply ship with food cans in another instance and then imported that ship into the 1.0.5 install. Works great, I see the cans and and manipulate them, I even see them suddenly available in the part tree to build with, but when they are attached to a crewed vessel, that new food quantity is not reflected in the computations for remaining supplies, and if I save and exit, then I return to find the food cans are still there on oany saved shiped but again have dissapeared from the parts avaiable and the ones on the saved shipped do not count in food calculations....

I"m sure it's some kind of conflict, but I run so many mods, it;s taking me forever to try and figure out which combination seems to suddenly kill TAC Life. This morning, I started at it again and I noticed that now NONE of the cannisters from TAC Life will actually seem to add to/extend the life of the crew in the TAC Life dialog.

I thought I'd pop in here and say something because I imagine someone else will eventually see this. In the interim, I am slowing working a fault tree to see if I can pin down exactly when the break occurs. It's important to note that in a vanilla install with just TAC Life .. it works perfect (even without mod fuel tanks and real fuels which has me scratching my head... )

~K

Happened to me with various parts. I pinned it down to either Real Fuels or Realism Overhaul.

My solution was

a) Try renaming the model in its .cfg file.

B) Try duplicating the .cfg file with a new name.

Thanks Truthquark... I had read something similar about what you were saying and then lo and behold I got lucky and found my issue...

Tac Life and Modular Fuel Tanks (and Real Fuels by extension) do not get along. I have my complete setup running fine with Tac Life. As soon as I install Mod Fuel Tanks it breaks. I'm still learning how modding works for KSP, but going thru some of the configs for Tac canisters, some of them are requesting Mod Fuel Tanks which led me to find the conflict.

I'm not savvy enough yet to offer a complete (clean) solution, but it seems to me the issue might lay in MM_HideNormalContainers.cfg where the author is trying to reduce showing three size options for every TAC Life resource type down to 1 of each container size and then use Mod Tank/Real Fuels to allow the player to select what type of resource to load the container with. In fact, when I try and select a resource when I had Mod Fuel Tank/Real Fuels loaded, I couldn't get any resource to show up using the left/right arrows.. it was like it's undefined or null or something....

Anyhoo... This certainly narrows down issues...

Hope this helps.

~K

Edited by Kreole
Duplicate Post

TAC Life Support and MFT/RF DO get along in fact. The whole point of hiding the extra parts if these two mods are installed is because they are not needed and they are cluttering the parts list needlessly.

You should only see three parts of each category (inline & hex cans) named "Life Support". Each one should contain all six TAC resources (Food, Water, Oxygen, Waste, WasteWater & CarbonDioxide).

TAC Life Support and MFT/RF DO get along in fact. The whole point of hiding the extra parts if these two mods are installed is because they are not needed and they are cluttering the parts list needlessly.

You should only see three parts of each category (inline & hex cans) named "Life Support". Each one should contain all six TAC resources (Food, Water, Oxygen, Waste, WasteWater & CarbonDioxide).

Phineas,

Yeah now I understand the method behind the madness and concur, as my installation runs around the 4.5 gig range and the less clutter the better. The problem is that I'm not seeing it work this way. I do see the "combined" canisters, but with only MFT installed I cannot select/change the resources in the cans you mention above. The RF page says use either MFT or RF but not both. Since I don't really care for the realism complication, at least atm, MFT is the only other option unless I just want to deal have the extra canisters (and overhead... ugh).

I guess I could build another sandbox with RF and one of it's engine configs and ignore MFT... but I just plain wanna work on my space station and power network.... :)

Thanks for all the help!

~K

Thanks Charfa!

Mostly because I am ignorant lol... I hadn't know that de-clutter piece was out there. As I've been going thru this process, I've already starting planing my own de-clutter script. I probably need only 1/3 of the total parts that load and I'm still identifying them....

TACLS De-clutter works great...

[quote name='Galenmacil']Another suggestion that work great for me: Use only the core of TAC LS (remove all parts) and use Universal Storage part instead.[/QUOTE]

I wish TAC core could see food/water resource types that are in KIS containers. That may be possible and I've just missed it. I have my owned crewed modules with dry food storage since i can't seem to find a way to draw from inventory... I just don't want cans on my station because it has multiple spinning hubs and those cans are a pain to balance. However, I love using them on resupply missions and put my Kerbs to work transferring food from the resupply into my crewed modules.

Canisters are kewl on orbit, but every Kerbal I know doesn't necessarily want to float over to the food supply airlock and grab a midnight snack....

I am having a problem here. I'm running 1.0.4 still because a couple of mods I'm using aren't 1.05 compatible yet.

Does TAC-LS work in sandbox? I've got a flight going that suffered a couple problems that resulted in two kerbals stranded in orbit without fuel. The ship is using Universal Storage containers for all of the TAC-LS supplies. The problem is they don't seem to be using those supplies. Their food, water, and oxygen are not depleting, their wastewater and CO2 tanks have been full for several days, the waste tabk is not filling, and the electric charge only depletes if the ship is active. If I go to the tracking station and advance a few days, then go back to the ship, it still shows 1d12m of electric and the ladies are still alive. Any ideas what's going on here? It's not like I'm upset that my only two female kerbals aren't dead, but I think they should be by now.

Apologies for grammar, punctuation, etc. I'm at work and using my phone. I don't text so well.

[quote name='FancyMouse']It should - but it's configurable per-save from KSC. Did you accidentally disabled itself?[/QUOTE]

No, I specifically remember leaving it enabled when I started. Also, the monitor window shouldn't work if the mod waa disabled, should it? Not to mention the wastewater and CO2 tanks filling up.

[quote name='kananesgi']Does TAC-LS work in sandbox?[/QUOTE]

I'm playing a sandbox game in 1.0.5 and TAC LS is working fine. Might be some sort of interaction with Universal Storage - I'm not using that, so maybe that's the difference.

OK, after digging into things a little more (I'm new and don't fully understand the operation of the mod yet), I now see part of what's going on. First, I didn't realize that TAC does not kill on CO2/Waste/Wastewater full tanks. I figured it would, but I guess they can vent excess from the tanks, so that's why they haven't died from those. Now that I'm home, on closer inspection, I can see the other resources are moving a little, just extremely small amounts. Seems way too small IMO. The flight has been active for 7 days, and 2 kerbals have generated a whopping .49 units of waste, and consumed 5 units of food, 4 units of water, and about 500 oxygen. I may have to look into the resource consumption levels to fix that to my liking.

As for why the wastewater and co2 tanks filled so quickly, that was my screw up. I just inspected the ship and realized I forgot to put tanks on for those, so all that is stored in the command pod. I was certain I had installed the universal storage modules for everything, but I missed those.

This leaves just the electrical problem. I was under the impression that all resources (including electricity) were consumed/produced all the time, regardless of whether the craft is the "active" craft or not. However, my electric charge is only dropping when I have the craft active. If I go to the tracking station, I can advance several days and the EC remains the same when I go back. Am I wrong about how the mod works here?

[EDIT] Just tested it to make sure. I advanced time about 2 months and checked the resources again. The food, water, and oxygen levels all dropped appropriately in the TAC monitor, but the EC remained unchanged. I guess electrical just doesn't matter as much. Edited by kananesgi

I've been toying around with converting from oxygen to LqdOxygen... and everything works perfect except one thing. Suddenly my Kerb's don't seem to produce CO2 ....

Anyone know how changing oxygenresource=oxygen to oxygenresource=LqdOxygen might affect the CO2 creation algorithim? Everything else from Tac's dll works great. I get waste and waste water production, food, LqdOxy and water are being consumed... I just don't see any CO2 production....

I tried bumping up the default consumption (in this case production) of CO2 to crazy large numbers just to see if it just took a lot of time to produce CO2, but I still see empty CO2 storage over time (in command modules as well as CO2 tanks....)

Any thoughts are appreciated... thanks!

~K