[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

[quote name='StahnAileron']Sounds like the mod is (hard)coded to convert O2 to CO2. If it can't find the input resource, then no output resource. You probably need an intermediary conversion of LO2 >> O2 so the O2 >> CO2 conversion will work.[/QUOTE]

Thx Stahn.. let me play with that

[quote name='kananesgi']This leaves just the electrical problem. I was under the impression that all resources (including electricity) were consumed/produced all the time, regardless of whether the craft is the "active" craft or not. However, my electric charge is only dropping when I have the craft active. If I go to the tracking station, I can advance several days and the EC remains the same when I go back. Am I wrong about how the mod works here?[/QUOTE]

That's a stock behaviour; KSP vessels never produce or consume EC when unfocussed. TACLS "catches up" with food/water/oxygen consumption when the vessel is refocussed, but doesn't with EC - there's no obvious way to model solar generation, and unless you have stupendously huge batteries you'll probably discover an EC shortfall while the vessel is focussed.

[quote name='Kreole']I've been toying around with converting from oxygen to LqdOxygen... and everything works perfect except one thing. Suddenly my Kerb's don't seem to produce CO2 ....

Anyone know how changing oxygenresource=oxygen to oxygenresource=LqdOxygen might affect the CO2 creation algorithim? Everything else from Tac's dll works great. I get waste and waste water production, food, LqdOxy and water are being consumed... I just don't see any CO2 production....

I tried bumping up the default consumption (in this case production) of CO2 to crazy large numbers just to see if it just took a lot of time to produce CO2, but I still see empty CO2 storage over time (in command modules as well as CO2 tanks....)

Any thoughts are appreciated... thanks!

~K[/QUOTE]

Not sure this helps, but the BioMass mod has a part that convert liquid oxygen to oxygen and that works fine with TAC-LS.

Having re-read your post, are you trying to get the kerbals to breath liquid oxygen? That seems...bad.

[quote name='seanth']Not sure this helps, but the BioMass mod has a part that convert liquid oxygen to oxygen and that works fine with TAC-LS.

Having re-read your post, are you trying to get the kerbals to breath liquid oxygen? That seems...bad.[/QUOTE]

LOL... Thx Seanth... I will certainly look at that mod...

I have to say though, that oxy is always in liquid form when sent skyward.... Actually I just want Jeb to stir the tanks and see if they blow up.... :) Edited by Kreole
Can't Type Much Less Pilot a Spacecraft

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing in 1.0.5 and using TAC and none of the crew compartments (pods, etc) have any life support. I remember before that they used to have ~3 days of supplies and about 450 electric charge (9 times as much as vanilla). Right now I'm getting red life support numbers the instant I launch unless I add life support parts.

Was this changed or am I just bugged?

7 hours ago, Mastikator said:

I'm playing in 1.0.5 and using TAC and none of the crew compartments (pods, etc) have any life support. I remember before that they used to have ~3 days of supplies and about 450 electric charge (9 times as much as vanilla). Right now I'm getting red life support numbers the instant I launch unless I add life support parts.

Was this changed or am I just bugged?

Looks like you have a bug indeed. Check out in the "\Gamedata\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport\" folder and make sure you have a file named "MM_AddResources.cfg" that is the one responsible for adding LS to command modules. Beside this one, you should have 4 other .cfg. Re download and re install if you are missing them.

I'm unsure what the process is for updating CKAN metadata, but I was wondering if the metadata for TAC-LS is going to be updated to be compatible with 1.0.5 in CKAN. I'd rather not have some mods installed through that and some installed manually if I can help it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2015, 6:58:22, Mastikator said:

Edit- Turns out I forgot to get module manager. Everything works fine.

LOL! Seems to always be the stupidest things that causes a problem, doesn't it. Glad to know that it works in 1.0.5.

Edited by FiiZzioN

2 hours ago, FiiZzioN said:

LOL! Seems to always be the stupidest things that causes a problem, doesn't it. Glad to know that it works in 1.0.5.

Fun fact, I sent out Jeb, Bill and Bob to Duna (and Ike), they landed on both. Placed flags on both. Came back with just 6 days worth of food left.

My reward: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/403434072390328610/786937A8828E5BE91C2BEF12EE7FA9E49708BA9D/

Is there a list of the model changes / updates that have been created for TAC_LS?

I 'remember' that there used to be a couple that added / changed the default models / textures with some real nice and nifty ones.

Cheers and thanks for any info.

15 hours ago, NathanKell said:

While the thread has not yet been updated, there has been a new release for 1.0.5. Hurrah!

Yayyyyyyy!!!

Two follow-up questions:

1. Is the ckan config going to be updated so it can be installed that way?  While I certainly can install it manually I'd rather let ckan do it so that it will handle dependencies correctly for other things (such as question 2).

2. Does this mean the next version of RP-0 will be out soon?

I've been looking at how ckan metadata works and I've found where the old, now out-of-date, netkan file is for tacLS.  The process looks like something I can figure out.  I'm wondering whether it would be kosher for me to attempt to update the ckan metadata as a service to others.  Realizing:

1. I have no ownership over tacLS and am only trying to help, but if people will be mad at me for poking my nose in this then obviously I won't do it.  If someone is already on this and I'll just get in the way then let me know.

2. I'm not a modder.  But I have rudimentary coding skills and this looks simple.  In other words, I might break it.  But I'll try to fix it if I do.

3. I might need some guidance from someone who knows what they are doing in the final steps of submitting the new netkan file to the appropriate place so it becomes available to everyone, though it looks like the wiki on adding mods to ckan gives instructions on this.

4. If TAC has new dependencies, or new recommendations for other mods then I'm unlikely to know this without being pointed at them.

Thoughts before I try to do this?  If I get no replies within the next few hours I'll try my hand at this.

I manually updated the ckan pending a change in the repo (there's some issues with the .version file that prevents the netkan targeting the github releases, and this release was never uploaded to kerbalstuff so the existing KS target doesn't work either).

And yes, RP-0 Soon (tm).

18 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

I manually updated the ckan pending a change in the repo (there's some issues with the .version file that prevents the netkan targeting the github releases, and this release was never uploaded to kerbalstuff so the existing KS target doesn't work either).

And yes, RP-0 Soon (tm).

Hooray!  Now I can spend my evening launching rockets instead of figuring out syntax!

On 12/15/2015, 8:57:17, NathanKell said:

And yes, RP-0 Soon (tm).

Yay! I had to upgrade CKAN to see the new version. I had that issue with a bunch of other mods upon the 1.0.5 release. New versions clearly released, but CKAN didn't see them until I upgraded.

So, the new version is there...now to consider whether or not to start a new career with TAC, or keep going with USI since I'm already so far in...

16 hours ago, munseeker said:

Oh wow - I missed the update to TAC LS 0.11.2.1 for 1.0.5! Thanks, TaranisElsu!

Sorry, my fault.

Version 0.11.2.1 is now available for KSP 1.0.5!

Changes

• Built for KSP 1.0.5
  • Shows the Life Support Monitoring window in the Tracking Station [thanks Henry!]
  • Sorts the Life Support Monitoring window by who's going to run out of resources first, though the active vessel is still always listed first. [thanks Henry!]
  • Times shown now show the number of years instead of a huge number of days.
  • Fixes for better compatibility with RealFuel: no longer patches RF tanks, and converters no longer force_activate() [thanks NathanKell and Thomas!]

Download