[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

The minimum crew was zero, the tac patch needs 1 or more in order to add tac supplies. I made my own patch that is now included with the mod in question (SSTU) and also has adjusted amounts for more days. Let me know if you need an example.

5 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

The minimum crew was zero, the tac patch needs 1 or more in order to add tac supplies. I made my own patch that is now included with the mod in question (SSTU) and also has adjusted amounts for more days. Let me know if you need an example.

Thank you Sir, works like a charm if I just adjust the minimum crew reqs.

I used to have a link to a Google Docs spreadsheet that would calculate the required amounts of life support for a given time (very handy for use with MFT), but somewhere along the line I lost the link...

Anyone have the link?

Edited by DerekL1963

I wanted to put TAC LS into some non-stock pods and i used this given code:

Spoiler

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Food
        amount = 1.097
        maxAmount = 1.097
        @amount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
        @maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        amount = 0.725
        maxAmount = 0.725
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxygen
        amount = 111.038
        maxAmount = 111.038
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = CarbonDioxide
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 95.913
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Waste
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0.1
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = WasteWater
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0.924
    }

problem is it only adds as much life support as in a one man pod. Do I have to modify something in this code?

Great mod, i play Realism overhaul and all the stuff that makes it harder ;-)

So, i stumbled over a "bug" when i finally achieved Mars crewed flyby...

I had 2 Water purifiers (TACLS) on my spacecraft and my water never decreased during the  2year trip, only waste Water increased. Food and Oxygen worked quite as they should ...

On another station it happened too.

Sorry for my bad english.

Anyone had the same issue with Water purifiers ?

Btw. The CO2 recycler with Potassium Superoxid worked amazing :-D

Great mod indeed, thnx for your attention.

On 2/6/2016 at 1:39 AM, Sardaukar said:

Great mod, i play Realism overhaul and all the stuff that makes it harder ;-)

So, i stumbled over a "bug" when i finally achieved Mars crewed flyby...

I had 2 Water purifiers (TACLS) on my spacecraft and my water never decreased during the  2year trip, only waste Water increased. Food and Oxygen worked quite as they should ...

On another station it happened too.

Sorry for my bad english.

Anyone had the same issue with Water purifiers ?

Btw. The CO2 recycler with Potassium Superoxid worked amazing :-D

Great mod indeed, thnx for your attention.

whenever i revisit a station with a carbon extractor or water purifier, i have to manually pump the carbon dioxide from adjoining modules into the extractor, and ditto with waste water for the purifier. they don't seem to automatically scavenge them while the station is on rails. i'm not sure if this is a bug or a KSP limitation.

Edited by speedwaystar

On 1/28/2016 at 7:51 AM, konsti156 said:

I wanted to put TAC LS into some non-stock pods and i used this given code:

Hide contents

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Food
        amount = 1.097
        maxAmount = 1.097
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        amount = 0.725
        maxAmount = 0.725
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxygen
        amount = 111.038
        maxAmount = 111.038
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = CarbonDioxide
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 95.913
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Waste
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0.1
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = WasteWater
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0.924
    }

problem is it only adds as much life support as in a one man pod. Do I have to modify something in this code?

Are you trying to write a Module Manager patch or just add those into the part's config? If you are writing a patch, try asking over in the module manager thread, but if you are just editing the config, multiply the amount and max amount values by the number of kerbals that fit in the pod. You can leave off the "@maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacity$" part.

So I tried searching the topic but couldn't find anything.  TAC life support appears to be working however when ever it starts I get the following error.

L2jGsqN.png

here is my install.  I cant find a version number but I downloaded it about a month ago

zPcfmFl.png

13 minutes ago, Nich said:

So I tried searching the topic but couldn't find anything.  TAC life support appears to be working however when ever it starts I get the following error.

L2jGsqN.png

here is my install.  I cant find a version number but I downloaded it about a month ago

zPcfmFl.png

It looks like you downloaded the github repository, but not the release for modulemanager.  You should just have a modulemanager DLL file in your gamedata folder. Notice the DLL in my gamedata folder (old picture)

XW6hJO1.png

Edited by goldenpsp

Small issue I've uncovered. The life-support supply calculator seems unable to factor in the presence of fuel-cells, be they the fuel+oxidizer type, or the monopropellant type, in calculating how long a spacecraft's electrical-charge can sustain the crew.

1 hour ago, StevieC said:

Small issue I've uncovered. The life-support supply calculator seems unable to factor in the presence of fuel-cells, be they the fuel+oxidizer type, or the monopropellant type, in calculating how long a spacecraft's electrical-charge can sustain the crew.

I don't think any generator or resource recyclers are accounted for for unloaded vessels (in any life support mod). That said, I don't think electricity is consumed by unloaded vessels either.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: Does anyone know if the old Somnambulic Aerospace pasts still work with this mod or the game in general? The mod hasn't updated in forever, but they're just life support containers.

Edit: Oh. Just checked, they do work but have yet to be rebalanced. Hmm... Guess I need to figure out how much to change the resource capacities for each part. :/

Edit: Edit: Thank you Frenzi for that calculator, it was a lifesaver! I've gotten the resource values rebalanced (I think), provided this doesn't blow up in my face I'll look over the original mod license and see if I can't upload it for anyone else to use if they want.

Edit: Edit: How many edits am I going to need?!!: Edit: And no it's not working. Craaaaaap.

Edited by TerLoki

I love TAC life support brought new life to my passion for KSP.  My only complaint is there any chance TAC parts could get there own tab? My utilities is already so cluttered.

I have a bunch of debris pods left over from rescue missions, and they all show up in my Life Support Monitoring:

445a24610d.jpg

There are manned bases and such lower in the list. Is there a way to make debris, or anything with 0 actual crew not show up in there?

I am loving this mod, it's awesome. But it has a strange behavior on EVA's for me. After couple of moments after EVA TAC starts spamming log with this:

Tac.PartExtensions.TakeResource: ResourceFlowMode.STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW is not supported yet.

I have a RP-0 CKAN install with all recommended mods. Output_log if anyone interested.

I am not sure if it affects the gameplay, btw. Sorry if it has been discussed before