[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

On 16/7/2013 at 11:50 AM, TaranisElsu said:

Presenting Thunder Aerospace Corporation's Life Support system (TACLS)

Many Kerbal lives were bravely sacrificed to bring you the latest in biological needs.

The latest release is version 0.11.2.1 which works with KSP 1.0.5. Download below or read the release announcement. Upgrading from a previous version? Read this.

Having problems with this mod (or any others)? Read the [Official] How To Get Support and my Help page. I cannot do much to help without log files.

Features

• Kerbals require resources to survive, whether in a vessel or on EVA: Food, Water, Oxygen, Electricity (for air quality and climate control)
  • Resources are needed all the time, even when flying another vessel, or sitting at the Space Center or Tracking Station.
  • Kerbals can die if they go without resources for too long. The defaults are: 360 hours without Food (60 Kerbin days/15 Earth days), 36 hours without Water, 2 hours without Oxygen, and 2 hours without Electricity.
  • Kerbals produce waste resources: Carbon Dioxide, Waste, and Waste Water. Currently Carbon Dioxide can be recycled into Oxygen, and Waste Water can be recycled into clean Water. Also can filter Oxygen out of IntakeAir, or split Water into Oxygen and Waste (hydrogen). A greenhouse part that allows growing Food is planned, but is not included yet.
  • Filling up with waste resources (Carbon Dioxide, Waste, Waste Water) has no effect. Any excess is dumped overboard, and you lose the opportunity to convert them back into good resources.

Read the full description (on the wiki).

Pictures (New pictures coming soon)

Reveal hidden contents

LifeSupport2_zpsbaee0683.png

LifeSupport1_zpsa1dc1a42.png

Download the latest version

Available on the Download page. Read about the recent changes (on the wiki).

Requires Module Manager.

Need some help?

See the new Tutorials and Help pages on the wiki.

License

CC BY-NC-SA 3.0

Notice

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

hi, i´m playing ksp 1.0.5 version, win7 32bits, but when i install tac and follow all steps properly, my chute is not working, i mean when my rocket is falling down no matters how many chutes i use, the falling speed never descent and  this only happens when i´ve TAC in my gamedata folder, i only have installed the kerbal enginner redux the lastest version from curseforge, and ModuleManager.2.6.18.

here is my log.    Thanks very!

https://github.com/fabianac25/logs/files/182727/output_log.txt

Is this mod still in active development, and is a new version being planned?  There seem to be a few balance problems or part statistics that don't make sense.  Are these intentional?

-Some of the recycling modules are insanely heavy; The 1.25m Carbon Extractor is 5 tons, which is 100x heavier than a battery of similar size!

-All of the radial Hex Cans sizes have the same volume (277L) when stored in KIS Kontainers.

-All of the radial Hex Cans seem to use the same model for placement when used with KAS.  Once they're anchored down then they show the proper size, but before they're anchored they all seem to use the Regular size model (Not sure if this is a KAS issue or a TAC issue)

As a general question, is any kind of a graphical/model update planned for any of the parts?  They're functional, but don't seem to fit well into the aesthetic of KSP.

Edited by tsaven

1 hour ago, *MajorTom* said:

it works in 1.1 or not?

Does not work in 1.1 at present. The resources show up in the parts, but they're not consumed and the toolbar buttons are missing. (I'm not sure if any mods that use that toolbar are working at present).

1.1 was released less than a day ago, and in every topic it's  "it works in 1.1 or not?".

Please be patient, this is not a minor update. If you want to keep using modded installs or careers, stick with 1.0.5 until 1.1 is released. All mods should be updated by that time. This is a time for bug fixing, not new career saves.

Edited by Jimbodiah

6 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

1.1 was released less than a day ago, and in every topic it's  "it works in 1.1 or not?".

Please be patient, this is not a minor update. If you want to keep using modded installs or careers, stick with 1.0.5 until 1.1 is released. All mods should be updated by that time. This is a time for bug fixing, not new career saves.

To be accurate, 1.1 isn't even an update.  It's an open pre-release beta.  Nobody should really even be using it unless they are trying to help bug test so squad CAN release a nice 1.1 version.

On 2016-03-30 at 4:45 PM, Jimbodiah said:

Actually, there are some 1.1 mod releases already so it's not an entirely unreasonable question to ask. KER, RealChutes, USI life support...

On 3/27/2016 at 4:38 PM, Stone Blue said:

Helps a little, but I was thinking something more structurally unique.  Like how Universal Storage's wedges are all plumbed uniquely and have very different looking containers for each of the resources.

I skimmed through this thread but couldn't find the answer to this question: is it possible to make a base/station self-sufficient with this mod? I'm using USI Life Support right now but I might switch over to TAC if this is possible.

11 hours ago, yorshee said:

I skimmed through this thread but couldn't find the answer to this question: is it possible to make a base/station self-sufficient with this mod? I'm using USI Life Support right now but I might switch over to TAC if this is possible.

Hello.
The short answer is   NO.

You can recycle things and generate oxygen and water, but you cannot make food as far as I know.
So you cannot be 100% self-sufficient.

HOWEVER when the mod load the very first time you can select how fast example food should be eaten and there you technical speaking can make the time extremly long so you in terory never need food.

But maybe there is some kind of mod that can work together with TAC and generate food for you..  I saw some nice base greenhouse somewhere that might work together with TAC life support... but im not 100% sure.

Edited by Peder

12 hours ago, yorshee said:

Hey yorshee,

Back in 1.0.5 I used Planetary Base Systems to produce food.  As I recall it also made substrate or whatever else it was that you needed to make the resources you need and recycle the wastes.  I haven't played in a while and started back up with 1.1, as this and Planetary Base Systems aren't compatible yet I am unable to double check that ability.  Here's the link to Planetary Base Systems, regardless. 

15 hours ago, Peder said:

But maybe there is some kind of mod that can work together with TAC and generate food for you..

@yorshee the Soylent mod adds a recycler based on algae microbiome arrays to TAC-LS - there is a link in my sig and the mod writeup discusses how 'realistic' the concept is.

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:47 PM, RoverDude said:

Both UKS and MKS-Lite can also do self-sufficient bases (while USI-LS is the default, TAC-LS is supported as well)

You can get info on them (as well as the other USI mods) on the USI catalog page:  http://bobpalmer.github.io/UmbraSpaceIndustries/

That is good to know as I am using UKS and was on the verge of doing a lot of experiments to figure out if self sufficiency is even possible.

8 minutes ago, fr33soul said:

on KSP lunch, it says "TAC life support needs Module manager...." i have the last ModuleManager 2.6.21

Version 2.6.21 is for KSP 1.1 you need version 19 for 1.0.5

5 minutes ago, Godot said:

So, does anyone know if a version for 1.1 is in the works ... or if the 1.0.5-Version is also compatible for KSP 1.1?

It's not compatible with 1.1. I haven't seen an indication it will be updated but seeing as its so popular I would be surprised if it wasnt