[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

So, for those of you looking to use TACLS in the KSP 1.1 release, I've actually re-compiled it for KSP 1.1 and made a couple small modifications to match the new API.  It's not well tested, but it pretty much just seems to work for me.  It still doesn't use the stock toolbar, since that's a lot more work.  A posted an issue on GItHub offering to post a Pull Request but I haven't gotten any response.  For those of you wanting to use it in the meantime, drop the two files in here into GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ AFTER you've already installed the latest version of it.  I'm going to give the author, taraniselsu, another two weeks or so to respond to the issue and if I don't get a response, I'll fork the repository and publish my own version.  The reason why I haven't already done this is already is as follows: taraniselsu uses an 'unconventional' tooling setup in order to build TACLS and I had to build a whole new set of project files in order to get it to build on my development environment.  If they intend to get back to TACLS and continue work on it, presumably they will want to continue using their own custom tooling and so therefore I would leave all of that alone when I submit the pull request and only include the changed .cs files.  Anyway, we'll see what happens.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK: Download Hacked-For-1.1 Version Here

Once again:

1. Install TACLS, the latest released official version, from wherever you do that.
  2. Download that zip file.
  3. Unzip it.  You will have CommonReferences.dll and TacLifeSupport.dll
  4. Put those into the GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ directory, overwriting what's needed

I do not offer any support or anything for this.  I am not the author of this work.  The source code is unchanged except for the bare minimum to make it work in KSP 1.1.  I am distributing this in accordance with the author's license, which is available here current as of Jul 28, 2013.  I do not intent to take over maintaining this mod if I do not hear from the author, though I may attempt to re-publish something (with source code) that works so that somebody else can work on it afterwards.

It's times like this when we need a hero. 

2 hours ago, WaylandSmith said:

So, for those of you looking to use TACLS in the KSP 1.1 release, I've actually re-compiled it for KSP 1.1 and made a couple small modifications to match the new API.  It's not well tested, but it pretty much just seems to work for me.  It still doesn't use the stock toolbar, since that's a lot more work.  A posted an issue on GItHub offering to post a Pull Request but I haven't gotten any response.  For those of you wanting to use it in the meantime, drop the two files in here into GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ AFTER you've already installed the latest version of it.  I'm going to give the author, taraniselsu, another two weeks or so to respond to the issue and if I don't get a response, I'll fork the repository and publish my own version.  The reason why I haven't already done this is already is as follows: taraniselsu uses an 'unconventional' tooling setup in order to build TACLS and I had to build a whole new set of project files in order to get it to build on my development environment.  If they intend to get back to TACLS and continue work on it, presumably they will want to continue using their own custom tooling and so therefore I would leave all of that alone when I submit the pull request and only include the changed .cs files.  Anyway, we'll see what happens.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK: Download Hacked-For-1.1 Version Here

Once again:

1. Install TACLS, the latest released official version, from wherever you do that.
  2. Download that zip file.
  3. Unzip it.  You will have CommonReferences.dll and TacLifeSupport.dll
  4. Put those into the GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ directory, overwriting what's needed

I do not offer any support or anything for this.  I am not the author of this work.  The source code is unchanged except for the bare minimum to make it work in KSP 1.1.  I am distributing this in accordance with the author's license, which is available here current as of Jul 28, 2013.  I do not intent to take over maintaining this mod if I do not hear from the author, though I may attempt to re-publish something (with source code) that works so that somebody else can work on it afterwards.

as a work around for the lack of a resource button, I am using blizzy toolbar and it is doing the job.

1 hour ago, TaranisElsu said:

I am not going to pretend not to be devastated, (you have given me loads of help on IRC, and I love your mods) but yeah, I get it. Good luck man (or lady), hopefully you'll come back to us one day :)

Edited by severedsolo

While I appreciate all the work that all these wonderful modders have put in to KSP over the years, and I don't want to sound ungrateful... What the HECK with everyone quitting just as KSP is finally in a generally finished, 64bit form?? This is the third author of one of my favorite can't-do-without-it mods that has said they won't be updating past 1.0.5. Seriously, just ONE more time and they're done with huge changes.

I've been looking forward to a real 64bit Windows KSP for years, so I could finally use all the mods I want. It's so sad that I might lose so many of them just as things get good.

My wholehearted thanks and encouragement to whomever picks this up! It's by far the best life support mod out there, and a lot of other mods depend on it, as well.

Edited by Rhedd

1 hour ago, Rhedd said:

What the HECK with everyone quitting just as KSP is finally in a generally finished, 64bit form??

Any given person is bound to have a limit at which he or she no longer enjoys the work.  If a modder isn't having fun, or just doesn't want to do it anymore, that's simply all there is to it.  We're only human, after all.

Also, 1.1 is by far the biggest update; many things have been radically changed.  Updating mod code to match new game versions is a chore at best—and a total rewrite at worst.  This might be part of the reason why some modders chose to quit.

Furthermore, I don't think a sense of the game being "finished" matters to everyone.  Some of us—certainly including a number of modders—played enough 0.24, or 0.90, or 1.0.4/5 to be satisfied, never to pick up KSP again.  That's just the nature of the early-access scheme.

My wholehearted thanks and encouragement to whomever picks this up! It's by far the best life support mod out there, and a lot of other mods depend on it, as well.

Luckily, according to this status update, it appears that someone has already offered to look after TAC Life Support and the Fuel Balancer—and WaylandSmith said earlier in the thread that he/she will fork the mod if that's what this comes down to.

I agree with you completely, by the way!  TAC-LS is pretty much the only life support mod that does the "big three" necessities just right.

Edited by Zyx Abacab
Forgot second part of reply.

Hey @astroranger189, please keep in mind one of our newest forum rules (2.3f) prohibits asking modders for updates to their content. They are freelance content creators and aren't bound by any schedules, they'll update when they get around to it.

This goes for the rest of the forum too! :)

I never post, but I want to thank TaranisElsu for everything.  I have been using this mod since .25.  Your mod has directly provided many hours of enjoyment for me.  So, thank you, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Here here!  TAC LS is my all-time favorite mod.  Thanks for all the great times, and good luck with your future projects!

I wish I had the time and C# knowledge to pick up the torch.  I certainly hope someone steps up.