[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

On 4/21/2016 at 11:30 PM, TaranisElsu said:

Love all the mods and appreciate the great benefit and support you provided with wonderful enhancements to KSP. You will be sorely missed. Good luck with your future endeavors and hope you poke your head in once in a while to say hello.

3 hours ago, astroranger189 said:

does anyone know other mods that is similar to this one that has greenhouse, food, waste and recyclers? because this is kinda off date....

Astroranger189, this same conversation is literally one page back.  USI Kolonization Systems and Kerbal Planetary Base Systems both have what you are looking for.  Only RoverDude's USI is updated right now, though.

4 hours ago, astroranger189 said:

does anyone know other mods that is similar to this one that has greenhouse, food, waste and recyclers? because this is kinda off date....

offdate? This is probably the most popular life support mod around.

4 hours ago, astroranger189 said:

I'm trying out Kerbalism. It actually looks very promising. It still has a way to go, but WIP is nearly a universal status for ksp mods :)

On 4/21/2016 at 9:23 PM, WaylandSmith said:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK: Download Hacked-For-1.1 Version Here

Thanks!!  That version seems to be working well for me with the updated blizzy toolbar :)

default consumption rates seem much lower than I remember though?  the 1.25m life support container is supporting 5 kerbals for over 60 days now, instead of ~30 that it did before.  I suppose that's a cfg setting somewhere?

1 hour ago, cicatrix said:

I'm trying out Kerbalism. It actually looks very promising. It still has a way to go, but WIP is nearly a universal status for ksp mods :)

yeah it is but last i read the mod author for that is refuseing to do any sort of compatiblity so it can intefeer for more advanced mods like RT and such.

before u say well he has rt like stuff yeah but his is very very not much differnt than stock for RT like stuff.

Edited by sidfu

4 hours ago, sidfu said:

yeah it is but last i read the mod author for that is refuseing to do any sort of compatiblity so it can intefeer for more advanced mods like RT and such.

before u say well he has rt like stuff yeah but his is very very not much differnt than stock for RT like stuff.

It's released under a totally permissive licence so I doubt it will be long before someone forks it and makes the various components toggleable, or even better - makes each component a self contained mod.

A quick glance at the source suggests it wouldn't be too difficult to do that.

1 hour ago, OminousPenguin said:

It's released under a totally permissive licence so I doubt it will be long before someone forks it and makes the various components toggleable, or even better - makes each component a self contained mod.

A quick glance at the source suggests it wouldn't be too difficult to do that.

I've taken a quick glance at it and I'm feeling the same way about it.  For me, the biggest, though, is making it play more nicely with RT.  RT's API makes it pretty trivial to determine if a craft has connectivity to either other craft or KSC, so that capability in Kerbalism could be pulled out.

On Fri., 2016-04-22 at 4:59 AM, artemisrain said:

USI Kolonization Systems and Kerbal Planetary Base Systems both have what you are looking for.

For others reading this thread, be aware that—in terms of consumables—USI only cares about keeping kerbals fed.  Water and oxygen resources are not directly consumed.

By default, failing to provide life support is not fatal, and kerbals begin acting like tourists after 15 days of starvation.

Edited by Zyx Abacab
Clarification for "spouting comparisons".

4 hours ago, Zyx Abacab said:

For others reading this thread, be aware that USI only cares about keeping kerbals fed—so water and oxygen resources are not directly consumed.  Failing to provide life support is never fatal, and kerbals begin acting like tourists after 15 days of starvation.

If you are going to spout comparisons be accurate. USI LS simply consolidates 3 life support bars into one.  It also now deals with habitation issues. And life support is non-lethal only by default. It is highly configurable up to death. 

Quoting from TaranisElsu's goodbye post:

I would like to do a clean handoff of any mod that someone is interested in taking over -- contact me if you are interested. I am talking to people about TAC Life Support and TAC Fuel Balancer, so those may already be taken.

So, it sounds like this has been picked up

Quick question, for those using the 1.1 recompile above - anyone else getting a reproducible crash to desktop (without errors at end of log) trying this on Windows x64?

(Just askin' before I start debugging myself.)

-c

28 minutes ago, Cerebrate said:

Quick question, for those using the 1.1 recompile above - anyone else getting a reproducible crash to desktop (without errors at end of log) trying this on Windows x64?

(Just askin' before I start debugging myself.)

-c

I do get that crash as soon as I installed the recompile, also, Don't know why though

Well, it doesn't seem to be the recompile, per se, as I stripped the mod right down to nothing but the TacLifeSupportContainers folder - with nothing in it but model, textures, and part config files that don't invoke any modules - and it still occurs.

(Sadly, not being a code issue puts it beyond my ability to debug. Dammit.)

-c

17 hours ago, RickKermen said:

We now have Kerbalism, way superior to TAC but still a WIP and not compatible with some popular mods like RT...

Kerbalism is NOT superior to TAC LS. I admit it has some nice features like taking radiation or living space into account...  but it is awfully backward in terms of actual Life Support. It does not use water and produce food out of vacuum and electricity. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!" (c)

Also Kerbalism somehow managed to lose 6k+ electricity and kill crew at LKO with dual axis solar panels active (20 times more generation than needed and they ALWAYS suntrack at 100% if there is sun).

Hoping TAC LS will be revived soon.