[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

1 hour ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

So is TACLS no longer being updated? If not is someone working on getting it fixed? 

dude, chill!

Someone will take over, TACLS will come back, it'll just take a bit longer thanusual. Considering ksp1.1 does not bring too much new stuff you should be fine playing with your 1.05 game until then.

10 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

Kerbalism is NOT superior to TAC LS. I admit it has some nice features like taking radiation or living space into account...  but it is awfully backward in terms of actual Life Support. It does not use water and produce food out of vacuum and electricity. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!" (c)

Also Kerbalism somehow managed to lose 6k+ electricity and kill crew at LKO with dual axis solar panels active (20 times more generation than needed and they ALWAYS suntrack at 100% if there is sun).

Hoping TAC LS will be revived soon. 

plus with TAC LS you are able to choose what specific other "realism" mods you want to install... Kerbalism forces a lot of stuff down your throat, much of which is not better than what is already out there. So while there a no doubt great features in kerbalism I'd rather have control over what type of LS-, Satellite- or failuremod I use.

14 hours ago, Schmonzo said:

dude, chill!

Someone will take over, TACLS will come back, it'll just take a bit longer thanusual. Considering ksp1.1 does not bring too much new stuff you should be fine playing with your 1.05 game until then.

plus with TAC LS you are able to choose what specific other "realism" mods you want to install... Kerbalism forces a lot of stuff down your throat, much of which is not better than what is already out there. So while there a no doubt great features in kerbalism I'd rather have control over what type of LS-, Satellite- or failuremod I use.

Agreed, however, 1.1 does offer increased memory usage and optimization that finally allows us to to build bigger and badder things. So 1.1 is definitely worth it :) 

On 4/21/2016 at 10:10 PM, WaylandSmith said:

Note: taraniselsu has awoken from his slumber and we are chatting about updating TACLS.

If you are taking over this project, first let me express my appreciation for such an undertaking, and second, can you see if you could incorporate the de-clutter and the re-texture options as a whole package? I know the current de-clutter mod doesn't work well with the re-texture mod so I'm just hoping for maybe a built in de-clutter that can accept the re-texture mod.

I have been 'playing' with Kerbalism and while it does have some interesting features, TACLS would be and still is my choice for this kind of mod.

I really hope that someone does pick this (all of the TAC mods) up and run with them.  They would certainly be missed.

Cheers.

I hope one of superior strong modders can help to community and update this great LS mod to 1.1.

(maybe RoverDude or JPLRepo ... - who very well know Life support system and (earlier) have combined  their modifications with TAC-LS) . 

Edited by *MajorTom*

With all due respect to RoverDude, I don't think he should be the one to take over this mod. He already has developed his own life-support-system and a lot of his design-choices cause...issues for me (specifically, his tendency to intentionally code parts in his mods to explode if 'clipped together'. I understand that RoverDude looks upon clipping as cheating, but wish that he would understand that in many cases, clipping is unavoidable). JPLRepo would be a good pick, though.

On 4/21/2016 at 9:23 PM, WaylandSmith said:

So, for those of you looking to use TACLS in the KSP 1.1 release, I've actually re-compiled it for KSP 1.1 and made a couple small modifications to match the new API.  It's not well tested, but it pretty much just seems to work for me.  It still doesn't use the stock toolbar, since that's a lot more work.  A posted an issue on GItHub offering to post a Pull Request but I haven't gotten any response.  For those of you wanting to use it in the meantime, drop the two files in here into GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ AFTER you've already installed the latest version of it.  I'm going to give the author, taraniselsu, another two weeks or so to respond to the issue and if I don't get a response, I'll fork the repository and publish my own version.  The reason why I haven't already done this is already is as follows: taraniselsu uses an 'unconventional' tooling setup in order to build TACLS and I had to build a whole new set of project files in order to get it to build on my development environment.  If they intend to get back to TACLS and continue work on it, presumably they will want to continue using their own custom tooling and so therefore I would leave all of that alone when I submit the pull request and only include the changed .cs files.  Anyway, we'll see what happens.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK: Download Hacked-For-1.1 Version Here

Once again:

1. Install TACLS, the latest released official version, from wherever you do that.
  2. Download that zip file.
  3. Unzip it.  You will have CommonReferences.dll and TacLifeSupport.dll
  4. Put those into the GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ directory, overwriting what's needed

I do not offer any support or anything for this.  I am not the author of this work.  The source code is unchanged except for the bare minimum to make it work in KSP 1.1.  I am distributing this in accordance with the author's license, which is available here current as of Jul 28, 2013.  I do not intent to take over maintaining this mod if I do not hear from the author, though I may attempt to re-publish something (with source code) that works so that somebody else can work on it afterwards.

This is working in 1.1 fine

On 4/25/2016 at 6:10 AM, Kiro said:

If you are taking over this project, first let me express my appreciation for such an undertaking, and second, can you see if you could incorporate the de-clutter and the re-texture options as a whole package? I know the current de-clutter mod doesn't work well with the re-texture mod so I'm just hoping for maybe a built in de-clutter that can accept the re-texture mod.

Sorry, I'm not actually intending to take over the project.

On 4/25/2016 at 4:19 PM, dlrk said:

This is working in 1.1 fine

Hey, just wondering if this is still working well for you. Id like to get TAC back up and running, so Im curious to know if you've encountered any issues since using this ''hacked'' one.

Cheers,

CM

Hello,

I use the "Hacked" version of TAC for the 1.1 since yesterday and for now, no issues. 

And, its work pretty well with the excellent Planetary Base mod. 

Best Regards

Xaeterza

Edited by xaeterza

31 minutes ago, xaeterza said:

Hello,

I use the "Hacked" version of TAC for the 1.1 since yesterday and for now, no issues. 

And, its work pretty well with the excellent Planetary Base mod. 

Best Regards

Xaeterza

Cool. Thanks for that tidbit of info. Im assuming you have to install both files in the GameData folder?

Out of curiosity, does anybody know what exactly was ''done'' to make this compatible with 1.1?

Cheers,

CM 

I have dozens of hours on the "hacked" version
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=673468487
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=671054072
got it running with TAC-Declutter from 1.0.5 -- just needs the updated Fuel Switch mod.. 

I did have an issue with the .6m life support container being im-mobile on the launch pad -- my 1.6TWR rocket literally swiveled around the container.. but unsure where the fault lies there -- I just avoid the .6m container now lol..

9 minutes ago, Operation40 said:

I have dozens of hours on the "hacked" version
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=673468487
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=671054072
got it running with TAC-Declutter from 1.0.5 -- just needs the updated Fuel Switch mod.. 

I did have an issue with the .6m life support container being im-mobile on the launch pad -- my 1.6TWR rocket literally swiveled around the container.. but unsure where the fault lies there -- I just avoid the .6m container now lol..

Thanks for that. Good to know.

CM

31 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Cool. Thanks for that tidbit of info. Im assuming you have to install both files in the GameData folder?

Out of curiosity, does anybody know what exactly was ''done'' to make this compatible with 1.1?

Cheers,

CM 

Yes, i installed the official mod and replaced the files edited by the Hacked version.

52 minutes ago, xaeterza said:

Yes, i installed the official mod and replaced the files edited by the Hacked version.

Oh I see. So you have to go into the 1.0.5 version of the mod, find and replace those two files in it, thus creating the ''hacked'' version of the mod, or am I missing something?

CM

Edited by Calvin_Maclure

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:23 AM, WaylandSmith said:

So, for those of you looking to use TACLS in the KSP 1.1 release, I've actually re-compiled it for KSP 1.1 and made a couple small modifications to match the new API.  It's not well tested, but it pretty much just seems to work for me.  It still doesn't use the stock toolbar, since that's a lot more work.  A posted an issue on GItHub offering to post a Pull Request but I haven't gotten any response.  For those of you wanting to use it in the meantime, drop the two files in here into GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ AFTER you've already installed the latest version of it.  I'm going to give the author, taraniselsu, another two weeks or so to respond to the issue and if I don't get a response, I'll fork the repository and publish my own version.  The reason why I haven't already done this is already is as follows: taraniselsu uses an 'unconventional' tooling setup in order to build TACLS and I had to build a whole new set of project files in order to get it to build on my development environment.  If they intend to get back to TACLS and continue work on it, presumably they will want to continue using their own custom tooling and so therefore I would leave all of that alone when I submit the pull request and only include the changed .cs files.  Anyway, we'll see what happens.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK: Download Hacked-For-1.1 Version Here

Once again:

1. Install TACLS, the latest released official version, from wherever you do that.
  2. Download that zip file.
  3. Unzip it.  You will have CommonReferences.dll and TacLifeSupport.dll
  4. Put those into the GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ directory, overwriting what's needed

I do not offer any support or anything for this.  I am not the author of this work.  The source code is unchanged except for the bare minimum to make it work in KSP 1.1.  I am distributing this in accordance with the author's license, which is available here current as of Jul 28, 2013.  I do not intent to take over maintaining this mod if I do not hear from the author, though I may attempt to re-publish something (with source code) that works so that somebody else can work on it afterwards.

I thought you would need the model files replacing as well as KSP is on unity 5, not unity 4.

Its actually giving me the ''this mod isnt compatible, please use KSP 1.0.5" message during the KSP load screen. But all of the components, along with previously built modules using them, are there. Ships which had some of the components installed are loading ok. Fluke message, maybe??

CM

59 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Its actually giving me the ''this mod isnt compatible, please use KSP 1.0.5" message during the KSP load screen. But all of the components, along with previously built modules using them, are there. Ships which had some of the components installed are loading ok. Fluke message, maybe??

CM

The message is generated by Addon Version Checker(AVC), if you didnt install that then its the miniAVC included in the mod, the version file says it is for ksp 1.0.5 so AVC or miniAVC just displays that message, it has nothing to do with wheather or not something will or will not actually work nor is it a part of stock ksp warning you.

Edited by Akira_R

I downloaded the "hacked" 1.1 update and I have been testing it.  So here's what I've found so far.  I've been testing the mod with and without community resource pack.  I'm running  I'm running  ksp 1.1.0.1230 x64  Win10

-All of the parts load (they have the three resources, you can use the sliders)

-The converters load but don't work (they have no right click menu, I can't even turn them on, though the wastewater -> water converter has a resource slider it also won't turn on)

-When in mission, kerbals do not consume the three resources.

-running out of power doesn't kill kerbals

-the settings menu doesn't load when starting a game

Edit: resolved by reinstalling mod & "hack"

Edited by artemisrain