[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Just now, Akira_R said:

The message is generated by Addon Version Checker(AVC), if you didnt install that then its the miniAVC included in the mod, the version file says it is for ksp 1.0.5 so AVC or miniAVC just displays that message, it has nothing to do with wheather or not something will or will not actually work

I see. Thanks for the info. So, in other words, just always ignore it? Is there anything proper to do, such as installing KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin 1.1.6.1 - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC Online, or what would you recommend? 

CM

24 minutes ago, artemisrain said:

I downloaded the "hacked" 1.1 update and I have been testing it.  So here's what I've found so far.  I've been testing the mod with and without community resource pack.  I'm running  I'm running  ksp 1.1.0.1230 x64  Win10

-All of the parts load (they have the three resources, you can use the sliders)

-The converters load but don't work (they have no right click menu, I can't even turn them on, though the wastewater -> water converter has a resource slider it also won't turn on)

-When in mission, kerbals do not consume the three resources.

-running out of power doesn't kill kerbals

-the settings menu doesn't load when starting a game

Edit: nevermind stock parts have resources

So in other words, the mod is there, you can build with the parts, but its all show. They dont actually do anything except being there... :S

CM

Just now, Calvin_Maclure said:

So in other words, the mod is there, you can build with the parts, but its all show. They dont actually do anything except being there... :S

CM

Exactly.  I don't know what anyone else is doing different but I followed the directions of the "hacked" two files you drop in/overwrite and these are the results I get.  They're there, you can use them, you can manipulate their contents but they are all functionally empty.

1 minute ago, artemisrain said:

Exactly.  I don't know what anyone else is doing different but I followed the directions of the "hacked" two files you drop in/overwrite and these are the results I get.  They're there, you can use them, you can manipulate their contents but they are all functionally empty.

I'll have to try to try it myself. Ive installed it as per the instructions, but I havent tried it yet, cause I have another issue. I cant launch any ships, for some reason. I get this weird bug once I load a ship onto the launch pad:

http://imgur.com/Z0usdh2
http://imgur.com/vW7ygH1

I have seriously no idea what is causing it. I can go to the tracking station and play with anything that's already in flight, but I cant launch anything. The really weird thing that I did notice when trying to debunk this is that the ship seems to get instawarped into a solar orbit into deep space or something weird like that. I was able to (somehow) recover one ship and I got science for having retrieved a ship from solar orbit, or something like that... 

8 minutes ago, artemisrain said:

Did you actually copy BOTH dlls into the ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport directory? My kerbals are definitely consuming resources. I haven't actually checked what happens if they run out.

Edited by severedsolo

12 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Did you actually copy BOTH dlls into the ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport directory? My kerbals are definitely consuming resources. I bet you don't have the toolbar button either.

Well I thought I did but I just did it a second time and now everything seems to be working, consumption, death, the UI.  I retract my whole prior post.

1 minute ago, artemisrain said:

Well I thought I did but I just did it a second time and now everything seems to be working, consumption, death, the UI.  I retract my whole prior post.

Sweet! Well, I suppose this is some solid confirmation that TAC LS is up and running in 1.1! VERY COOL! Great work!

CM

2 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

I see. Thanks for the info. So, in other words, just always ignore it? Is there anything proper to do, such as installing KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin 1.1.6.1 - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC Online, or what would you recommend? 

CM

Yes it is safe to ignore, if you wan to make it stop you could find the version file and edit it so it says its for ksp 1.1 or delete miniAVC from the mod folder.

I personally like using the full blown AVC because it allows me to easily see when a new update for a mod is available and a button to open either the github page or the spacedock page. It also shows a list on start up of all your mods and their version numbers and it can be copied to the clipboard for pasting places. Of course that is only true if the mod supports AVC, but most do.

Sorry for the off topic, hope someone officially picks up this mod as I prefer it greatly to the currently available alternatives.

Edited by Akira_R

So death is working in the "hack" version?  

I'll admit I didn't really test it, though it seemed like I had run out of electricity a few times while ferrying Kerbals and they were fine.  

Electricity in general in 1.1 seems weird with respect to time warp.  LIke 100x warp will be fine (generating electric) and then the next increment I'll be totally out of electricity just to recharge again on the lower time warp setting.

8 minutes ago, Operation40 said:

I'll admit I didn't really test it, though it seemed like I had run out of electricity a few times while ferrying Kerbals and they were fine.  

Electricity in general in 1.1 seems weird with respect to time warp.  LIke 100x warp will be fine (generating electric) and then the next increment I'll be totally out of electricity just to recharge again on the lower time warp setting.

This has been a problem with stock since... well always. It has to do with the fact that the code has to try and approximate the ec draw and charge over a larger and larger period of time, the bigger the time step the more inaccurate it gets. Its actually gotten a lot better than it was.

Whenever I have to do any serious warping for a crewed craft I either do it from the tracking station or while controlling a different unmanned craft.

7 hours ago, Wardstone111 said:

I thought you would need the model files replacing as well as KSP is on unity 5, not unity 4.

I'm not certain what you mean by this, but the part model format has not changed between Unity 4 and 5.  The 'only' part of the mod that needed changing was the actual code library portion of it.

3 hours ago, Operation40 said:

According to the TACLS documentation there's a 2 hour grace period on electricity before your Kerbals should die.  Also, while I did put together this hack, I didn't actually test out Kerbal death, but had no reason to think it would behave any differently in 1.1.  I'm glad someone has confirmed that it all seems to be working properly.

11 minutes ago, thedogs said:

lol this didn't answer my question.

I'm asking if there is alike a dev version or something because I would like to play 1.1

If you put as much effort into reading the last page or so on any post you asked about being updated you would quickly find your answers most of the time.

28 minutes ago, thedogs said:

lol this didn't answer my question.

I'm asking if there is alike a dev version or something because I would like to play 1.1

Bruh. Just kidding. People get frustrated because, while you are just one person who is asking this question, there are many others who ask the same questions on many mods without doing some reading. The direct answer to your question is "yes." Where do you find it? It's in one of WeylandSmith's posts within the last few pages. I know this because I read the last few pages. But I'm going to stop short of directly linking it, because, like the others, I am a little frustrated at how many people fail to do a little reading before asking a question that was asked and answered. It's not personal. A lot of people do it, and it's an innocent mistake. But it's a matter of courtesy to do some homework of your own before you come and ask others (who are users like you) to do your homework for you.

Would it have been easier to just give you the link than type all this out? Absolutely. But I thought it was worth making a point.

Edited by danfarnsy

Hey Guys,

Does anyone knows why my kerbals does't consume any ressources?

Someone wrote that I have to check if both dlls are in the lifesupport folder. TACLifeSupport.dll and MiniAVC.dll, right? Other dlls are not included in the downloadable file..

I would be glad, if someone could help me out.

King regards, Gamer961

7 hours ago, gamer961 said:

Hey Guys,

Does anyone knows why my kerbals does't consume any ressources?

Someone wrote that I have to check if both dlls are in the lifesupport folder. TACLifeSupport.dll and MiniAVC.dll, right? Other dlls are not included in the downloadable file..

I would be glad, if someone could help me out.

King regards, Gamer961

On 21/04/2016 at 10:23 PM, WaylandSmith said:

So, for those of you looking to use TACLS in the KSP 1.1 release, I've actually re-compiled it for KSP 1.1 and made a couple small modifications to match the new API.  It's not well tested, but it pretty much just seems to work for me.  It still doesn't use the stock toolbar, since that's a lot more work.  A posted an issue on GItHub offering to post a Pull Request but I haven't gotten any response.  For those of you wanting to use it in the meantime, drop the two files in here into GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ AFTER you've already installed the latest version of it.  I'm going to give the author, taraniselsu, another two weeks or so to respond to the issue and if I don't get a response, I'll fork the repository and publish my own version.  The reason why I haven't already done this is already is as follows: taraniselsu uses an 'unconventional' tooling setup in order to build TACLS and I had to build a whole new set of project files in order to get it to build on my development environment.  If they intend to get back to TACLS and continue work on it, presumably they will want to continue using their own custom tooling and so therefore I would leave all of that alone when I submit the pull request and only include the changed .cs files.  Anyway, we'll see what happens.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK: Download Hacked-For-1.1 Version Here

Once again:

1. Install TACLS, the latest released official version, from wherever you do that.
  2. Download that zip file.
  3. Unzip it.  You will have CommonReferences.dll and TacLifeSupport.dll
  4. Put those into the GameData/ThunderAeroSpace/TacLifeSupport/ directory, overwriting what's needed

I do not offer any support or anything for this.  I am not the author of this work.  The source code is unchanged except for the bare minimum to make it work in KSP 1.1.  I am distributing this in accordance with the author's license, which is available here current as of Jul 28, 2013.  I do not intent to take over maintaining this mod if I do not hear from the author, though I may attempt to re-publish something (with source code) that works so that somebody else can work on it afterwards.

49 minutes ago, Crabman said:

Cool stuff. Are these two files that need to be added the same as they were two weeks ago (or so)? I ask because that's roughly how long Ive downloaded the hacked version. Just wanna know if I have to re-install these (maybe) updated files. 

Thanks for this! HUGE mod save!

CM

I just quoted WaylandSmith's hack that is indeed from some days ago to see if that could help gamer961. I did nothing. 

By the way, the "hack" works nice. If you install correctly you'll have no bugs, no crashes, no problem. Everything works perfectly with his "hack".

1 minute ago, Crabman said:

I just quoted WaylandSmith's hack that is indeed from some days ago to see if that could help gamer961. I did nothing. 

By the way, the "hack" works nice. If you install correctly you'll have no bugs, no crashes, no problem. Everything works perfectly with his "hack".

Ah... I see. Probably read too fast, there. But yes, you're right. TAC LS hacked is working well, as far as I can see. Problem is, any ship I try to launch crashes the game on the Launchpad! :S

CM

16 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Ah... I see. Probably read too fast, there. But yes, you're right. TAC LS hacked is working well, as far as I can see. Problem is, any ship I try to launch crashes the game on the Launchpad! :S

CM

From what I gather this is actually a problem with the base 1.1.2 x64 windows version that only appears to affect a select few :/

3 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

From what I gather this is actually a problem with the base 1.1.2 x64 windows version that only appears to affect a select few :/

Man, that's what Im hoping to find out. Ive already tried removing several potentially problematic mods from what I could gather in other forum threads, but so far, no such luck... Would you happen to recall where you read this? URL, perhaps? This would be a great help!

Thanks,

CM

34 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Man, that's what Im hoping to find out. Ive already tried removing several potentially problematic mods from what I could gather in other forum threads, but so far, no such luck... Would you happen to recall where you read this? URL, perhaps? This would be a great help!

Thanks,

CM

It was like 4-5 pages in on the official 1.1.2 release thread, ill see if I can dig up a URL in a bit.

9 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

It was like 4-5 pages in on the official 1.1.2 release thread, ill see if I can dig up a URL in a bit.

Thanks, mate. Grand of you to do so. I did read that thread, though. Funny I didnt see if... I'll have to try again.

CM