[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I don't seem to have this file. Do I need to do anything to get it to generate? Or is it supposed to be there from the zip? The file was not in the zip either. I plan to try it out soon, just trying to make sure everything is set up right.

Sorry, I should have specified that the file is created the first time you run the game with the mod installed.

WIP...

They're pretty sub-standard for around here, but if you want them they're yours. If the models had normals I could edit, I think they'd look a lot better. I also have to clean up those seams and maybe do another graphic for the tops and bottoms (might just rotate that one...)

Looks better than mine :). If you upload them somewhere, I will link to them in the OP. Unfortunately, it is going to be a little while before I get around to changing stuff in the mod.

Taranis, I'm having a little trouble with the minimized icons when in flight. Most of the time, they work just fine. But a few times, I've clicked on them, only to have the icons relocate themselves around the right-hand side of the screen. I may be click dragging them by accident, but they're pretty sensitive. The same issue happens with Fuel Balancer and Life Support's icons.

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the ability to relocate the icon in your cfg? And maybe also disable the ability to maximize the window's size? That's blown up on me before to where I had to delete the cfg file to get it to reset.

Start up the game with the mod installed.
Sorry, I should have specified that the file is created the first time you run the game with the mod installed.

It worked, once I loaded a ship. I appreciate the help though, thank you.

Also, I like the new container look regex, and would like to use that version.

Taranis, I'm having a little trouble with the minimized icons when in flight. Most of the time, they work just fine. But a few times, I've clicked on them, only to have the icons relocate themselves around the right-hand side of the screen. I may be click dragging them by accident, but they're pretty sensitive. The same issue happens with Fuel Balancer and Life Support's icons.

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the ability to relocate the icon in your cfg? And maybe also disable the ability to maximize the window's size? That's blown up on me before to where I had to delete the cfg file to get it to reset.

Question: are you using Linux?

Also, I like the new container look regex, and would like to use that version.

I'll finish them up sometime this weekend. I'm also working on some stock re-textures for myself; I'll have to look into whether I can release them (pretty sure I can) and if I can those will also be available. Hopefully that will be good enough until a pro modeller/texturer can step up, because I'm certainly not the best. :)

Yessir. Linux 64bit client.

There is an issue with my mouse drag code (in all my mods) that only effects Linux :(. Not sure how to fix it.

If anyone has any ideas, the code is here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLib/blob/master/Source/Icon.cs#L130 and here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLib/blob/master/Source/Window.cs#L214

public domain

What? :D

I cleaned up the seams and did a bit more work on the textures, they're pretty much ready to release. My "stock-alike" re-textures on the 1.25m RCS tank are below as well. I'll be doing the mini RCS tank and both of the radials, then I'll make one big zip file which I'll give the link to TaranisElsu, hopefully by the end of this weekend.

InrhkeH.jpg

kbXeRpl.jpg

There is an issue with my mouse drag code (in all my mods) that only effects Linux :(. Not sure how to fix it.

If anyone has any ideas, the code is here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLib/blob/master/Source/Icon.cs#L130 and here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLib/blob/master/Source/Window.cs#L214

Cool man. Thanks for the link, though. I'd love to tinker around with that for fun.

Great mods, again. Can't wait to see your next project.

I want to make a resource generator. It would consume CO2, Waste and Waste Water and produce oxygen, food and water. I tried to make an engine version where the engine use the waste resources as fuel, producing no thrust and generate oxygen, food and water for byproduct. I get tho a level where the engine shows the resources as a fuel but when I activate it and throttle up, the resources don`t start generating. :(

I want to make a resource generator. It would consume CO2, Waste and Waste Water and produce oxygen, food and water. I tried to make an engine version where the engine use the waste resources as fuel, producing no thrust and generate oxygen, food and water for byproduct. I get tho a level where the engine shows the resources as a fuel but when I activate it and throttle up, the resources don`t start generating. :(

That's because all it does is consume resources. You'll need to write a PartModule that requests negative resources in order to generate them.

I'm actually very interested in how TE plans on implementing resource recyclers. I'd hate to see a situation where you simply add a few more parts and suddenly you don't have to worry about the crew for five years.

I cleaned up the seams and did a bit more work on the textures, they're pretty much ready to release. My "stock-alike" re-textures on the 1.25m RCS tank are below as well. I'll be doing the mini RCS tank and both of the radials, then I'll make one big zip file which I'll give the link to TaranisElsu, hopefully by the end of this weekend.

InrhkeH.jpg

regex has posted his new textures at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_8iwkSrd4jNS1Q0aVhETUJvbVE/edit?usp=sharing

To use:

1. Download regex's .png's from the link
  2. Copy them to {KSP}/GameData/TacLifeSupport/Parts/LifeSupportContainers
  3. Delete all of the .tga files from that directory. They will have the same names as regex's files, just a different extension.

Thanks regex!

Until you instill the system which makes it hazardous to deal with not having waste disposal, I was trying to find an easy way to make it matter. What if you added an extra 0.0000001 (random number here) consumption rate to Kerbals which would be waste. So if you do not have storage you won't be able to generate/store waste, then you could add another condition which makes it that if you can't "consume waste" you will starve, choke, dehydrate, etc.

Does that make any sense?

EDIT: no it does not. My brain just turned back on. Oh well! Can't wait to see the next step in this outstanding mod! :)

Edited by MedievalNerd

Until you instill the system which makes it hazardous to deal with not having waste disposal, I was trying to find an easy way to make it matter.

I specifically chose not to have any penalty for having too much of any waste resource. That is an important difference between my mod and others that are out there. I did that because I wanted the emphasis to be on planning out your trips to make sure that you pack enough supplies.

If you are upset that I'm not simulating CO2 buildup, that is why the electricity requirement is there. As long as your ship has electricity, the scrubbers are filtering CO2 out of the air and sequestering it in the storage tanks. If your ship does not have electricity, then the CO2 starts building up (along with other issues like temperature control), eventually causing your Kerbals to suffocate.

I specifically chose not to have any penalty for having too much of any waste resource. That is an important difference between my mod and others that are out there. I did that because I wanted the emphasis to be on planning out your trips to make sure that you pack enough supplies.

If you are upset that I'm not simulating CO2 buildup, that is why the electricity requirement is there. As long as your ship has electricity, the scrubbers are filtering CO2 out of the air and sequestering it in the storage tanks. If your ship does not have electricity, then the CO2 starts building up (along with other issues like temperature control), eventually causing your Kerbals to suffocate.

I see! No I wasn't upset, how could I be upset with such an amazing mod. Been looking for a life support mod, but all of them only worked when the ship was focused on. Which made refuel missions sort of cheating as your kerbals wouldn't be using resources while you were flying your resupply ship.

Seriously, amazing work love this thing! And yeah, rather than mess around with that waste stuff i can see the benefits of focusing on that. Also, could use the waste resource for some funny mission objectives with the mission controller mod! :) Generate X tons of food waste on Mun, and bring it back. :)

Thanks again!

Can't wait to see this implemented for 0.22! This is the only Life Support system for inactive ships I've seen, killed my whole Mun crew by accident while doing tests for other rockets! Loved it! :D

I had a chance to do a little testing, and all of my mods seem to work fine in 0.22. They just need the additions to the part config files so that they show up on the tech tree. My thought is to make most of the containers show up on the Survivability node (Tier 2) and the large ones show up on the Heavy Rocketry node (Tier 4).

To do that, add the following lines to the .cfg files:

TechRequired = survivability
entryCost = 2800

or

TechRequired = heavyRocketry
entryCost = 4200

I will try to get a proper update done soon, but this weekend is looking a little busy.

Edited by TaranisElsu

By the way, I have a modulemanager cfg for this that adds TACLS support to Modular Fuels (tanktype Default, tanktype ServiceModule, and adds three life-support specific tanks, for regular, waste, and both[closed-cycle]), and appropriately-sized MFS-based Lifesupport tanks to most stock/mod pods.

Let me know if you want it, if it'd be helpful.

1st: Awesome mod, seriously! Gives that extra dimension to kerbals, especially combined with RemoteTech :)

I was debugging some errors though, and I saw the following:

The debug-form shows the following error when running TAC on 0.22

[Log]: TAC Life Support (AddLifeSupport) [FFFDC142][80.13192]: Adding Life Support to mk2LanderCabin/Part/Mk2 Lander-can

[Log]: TAC missing!

[Error]: TAC Life Support (AddLifeSupport) [FFFDC142][80.13192]: Failed to add the part module: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.AddLifeSupport.AddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Seems to be working fine though.. (didn't fully test it yet)

1st: Awesome mod, seriously! Gives that extra dimension to kerbals, especially combined with RemoteTech :)

I was debugging some errors though, and I saw the following:

The debug-form shows the following error when running TAC on 0.22

[Log]: TAC Life Support (AddLifeSupport) [FFFDC142][80.13192]: Adding Life Support to mk2LanderCabin/Part/Mk2 Lander-can

[Log]: TAC missing!

[Error]: TAC Life Support (AddLifeSupport) [FFFDC142][80.13192]: Failed to add the part module: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.AddLifeSupport.AddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Seems to be working fine though.. (didn't fully test it yet)

I need to change the text for that error message. It always occurs when I try to add my module at runtime, but it does not seem to affect anything. Someday I hope to find a way to add my modules without causing that error.

Can I get a version of this that only requires energy for kerbal survival? Or some settings for it. Id love to setup "lifesupport" But i dont want the hassle of shipping oxygen and such around.