[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

You would have to make a system that would simulate how much of te surface heat gets inside.

Landing pod having 1000K doesnt mean theres such temperature inside the pod.

And here it is: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/releases/tag/v0.11

Works with 1.0. I will write proper release notes when I get home from work.

Draft list of changes:

• Updated for KSP 1.0
  • staticPressure is now in kPa instead of atm
  • LifeSupportModule now implements IResourceConsumer so that all crewable parts properly show as consumers of life support supplies.
  • Added an hsp (specific heat) value to most of my resources. Not sure what to use for Food or Waste. Not positive that any of the numbers that I picked are correct.
  • Added an Info entry to the Engineer's Report to remind about checking life support supplies
  • Fixed a bug where female Kerbals were not being given supplies when going on EVA
  • Disabled my tech tree changes for now. Not sure if they are needed anymore.
  • Removed the workaround for the infinitely zooming parts bug in the VAB/SPH
  • Changed to use the new greater than checks available for ModuleManager scripts
  • Only makes stock parts available for making part test contracts.
  • Only changes the default EC amount for stock parts.
  • Disabled the Community Tech Tree compatibility config. I do not use CTT (yet), so I need someone to look it over and tell me where they think the parts should go.

Note that I have not tested this as fully as I usually do, so let me know what issues you find and I will fix them.

• Disabled the Community Tech Tree compatibility config. I do not use CTT (yet), so I need someone to look it over and tell me where they think the parts should go.

Note that I have not tested this as fully as I usually do, so let me know what issues you find and I will fix them.

Thanks for the updates! CTT is still a state of flux for 1.0, once the changes for CTT are finalized ill be happy to check over where the TAC LS stuff goes and report back.

Sweet! Now my rockets will need some extra dV and trying to figure out how to haul that extra food.

One question, though. In 0.9 was mentioned that rescue contract kerbals have supplies. That is OK, but I never bothered to check if they start depleting the moment you accept the contract, because they were around Kerbin.

With 1.0 there are kerbals stranded around Mun and Minmus (not encountered any further rescues, but someone might ?) and some are even on the ground. I just saved an engineer from Mun surface last night, but as I play on Hard there is no Revert flight, so it took 2 tries to get there (the right land spot) and have enough dV to get back with 4 tourists having a joyride in the rescue mission xD

So if supplies start depleting the moment I accept the contract does that mean I have to have craft there before accepting or otherwise it will die ? Minmus takes about 3-5 days + landing and stuff ?

They begin to deplete when you switch to them, not before.

Even with background processing ?

Also about the cans - 30 cans again or reduced list with switchable cans ?

If 30 - can I use the code on page 232 without breaking the new 1.0 code ?

I'm not seeing any of the TAC-LS resources show up in any command pods. Looking at ksp.log -

https://gist.github.com/cerebrate/569bf903a50b444aa1e3

- it doesn't look like the patch in MM_AddResources.cfg is being applied, for some reason.

-c

Hello,

I use the stable 32 bit KSP as always...I have not tested TACLIFE extensively; I just see the toolbar button and I see days remaining on life support...looks good to me for starters...I have other issues with KSP1.0 that will take a week or more to resolve...waiting on answers and tech tree updating.

Cmdr Zeta

If 30 - can I use the code on page 232 without breaking the new 1.0 code ?

I think you'e talking about my MM cfg. I haven't had a chance to play 1.0 much let alone see if anything breaks with the newer versions of TweakScale or if Firespitter has weird issues in 1.0. I'm not sure how TweakScale handles the heating changes with 1.0; scaled-up parts should have a higher specific heat as there's more structure (mass) to dump heat into.

I'm not seeing any of the TAC-LS resources show up in any command pods. Looking at ksp.log -

https://gist.github.com/cerebrate/569bf903a50b444aa1e3

- it doesn't look like the patch in MM_AddResources.cfg is being applied, for some reason.

-c

Same here, looks like the "@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew>0]" check fails for some reason. I don't know MM well enough to know whats wrong there, but removing that check let my pods have resources.

Seeing the same lack of life support in the command modules. It also looks like the modification to increase the electric charge they can store isn't being applied either. Everything seems to work OK replacing the module manager .cfg files with the ones from the previous version.

Edited by MrCynical

Same here, looks like the "@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew>0]" check fails for some reason. I don't know MM well enough to know whats wrong there, but removing that check let my pods have resources.

I'm on my phone so this is completely untested. Try replacing the line that starts `@PART` with this:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[*],~CrewCapacity[0],!RESOURCE[Food]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

It's the line from the previous version. Basically it's checking for parts that have crew capacity AND whose crew capacity isn't 0.

Is anyone here running in open GL? I dont know if it's a reason but when I add TACLS to my game, it wont load it and crash.

Edit: scrath that, when I run TACLS alone it works, must be one of my other mods.

also

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[*],~CrewCapacity[0],!RESOURCE[Food]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

seems to work. pods do have life support resources.

Edited by elkar

I'm on my phone so this is completely untested. Try replacing the line that starts `@PART` with this:

It's the line from the previous version. Basically it's checking for parts that have crew capacity AND whose crew capacity isn't 0.

No need to use the old line, it does not achieve what the new one means to achieve.

The full line in the current version is:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew>0],!RESOURCE[Food]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

It fails to add resources to anything at all.

Taking out the minimumCrew>0 check allows it to work (though letting it add to parts like the mk2CrewCabin, which do not have a minimumCrew requirement):

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],!RESOURCE[Food]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

Also, the electricity changes were applied for me (100*CrewCapacity+150 I believe - and my mk1pod had 250 instead of the normal 50).

Edited by JohnnyBB

@PART
[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity
[*],~CrewCapacity[0],!RESOURCE[Food]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

Thanks, that fixes it for me.

Hi TaranisElsu,

Regarding specific heat for food and waste:

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/specific-heat-capacity-food-d_295.html

Basically, 3 kJ/kg oC is going to be believable as an average value for food. 4 is likely a decent value for waste - I'm basing that off the high-fiber items like cucumbers, lettuce, etc, which have higher percentages of indigestible fiber which are typically left behind (i.e. "waste") in humans. YMMV, but until someone posts "hard" numbers with RL values, those work as placeholders.

Thanks for getting a 1.0-compatible version up so quick!

TaranisElsu,

I love TAC LS and have used it since I bought the game in 23.5. With the advent of stock drills, would you consider in TAC LS making a mod for the refinery so it can convert ore to water and oxygen to refill tac ls tanks if you have not already done so?

Thanks

TaranisElsu,

I love TAC LS and have used it since I bought the game in 23.5. With the advent of stock drills, would you consider in TAC LS making a mod for the refinery so it can convert ore to water and oxygen to refill tac ls tanks if you have not already done so?

Thanks

I love the idea of more incorporation, but I think we need to stay closer to reality.

Arguably, drilling a rock/metal asteroid would use water rather than grant it. If it were a comet, that is another matter.

But perhaps you can make it possible to get water and oxygen, converted from water, from drilling in an area that has snow, for example, or using a device to extract from pools.

Oops, looks like I typo'd it right before release. The check should have been "@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[>0]]" -- notice the brackets around the >0 that were not there before :(.

Also, I am waiting to work on integration with ModularFuelTanks, Tweakscale, and Procedural Parts to give them a chance to update. Some weirdness is possible when also using those mods, but only for a little while longer.

TaranisElsu,

Thanks

That is actually planned. I had started doing something with Kethane a long long time ago, but never quite got it working right.

Edited by TaranisElsu

Changes

• Updated for KSP 1.0
  • staticPressure is now in kPa instead of atm
  • LifeSupportModule now implements IResourceConsumer so that all crewable parts properly show as consumers of life support supplies.
  • Added an hsp (specific heat) value to most of my resources. Not sure what to use for Food or Waste. Not positive that any of the numbers that I picked are correct.
  • Added an Info entry to the Engineer's Report to remind about checking life support supplies
  • Fixed a bug where female Kerbals were not being given supplies when going on EVA
  • Disabled my tech tree changes for now. Not sure if they are needed anymore.
  • Removed the workaround for the infinitely zooming parts bug in the VAB/SPH
  • Changed to use the new greater than checks available for ModuleManager scripts
  • Only makes stock parts available for making part test contracts.
  • Only changes the default EC amount for stock parts.
  • Fixed missing brackets in AddResources.
  • Adds EC to command pods instead of overwriting the default amount.
  • Fetches sea level pressure instead of using Earth's, in case someone mods it.

Needs more testing so let me know if you find any issues.