[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

KSP is hanging on an ArgumentNullException.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupportHexCans/HexCanLifeSupport/LargeLifeSupport/HexCanLifeSupportLarge'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: s
at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.GetPartCosts (.ConfigNode partNode, .AvailablePart aP, System.Single& dryCost, System.Single& fuelCost) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.SanitizePartCosts (.AvailablePart aP, .ConfigNode partNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I need the entire log file. Short snippets don't help enough. See my signature for instructions on where to find the log file, and please upload it to Dropbox (or similar).

You also might try deleting the PartDatabase.cfg file in the main KSP directory and see if that does anything. KSP will rebuild the file the next time it runs.

Hi TaranisElsu,

First thanks for the great mod; nice clean models, and even the masses check out (at least the one I checked). I was frustrated with the mass of the water purifier and poked around the internet trying to find that it 'should be lighter' - disappointed - I found your mass very reasonable and had to just suck it up.

I was thinking to make something to interoperate with TACLS. I wasn't sure if I should use TACGenericConverter or the new stock ModuleResourceConverter. I imagine they probably took some lessons from your work, but it could be you were thinking to move that way. What would you recommend?

Hi,

I just discovered this mod, it's really awesome thank you. I have just one question : is that normal that stock waste container/food/water is enough for 1 kerbal a year ? is there a conflict with another mod ?

Thanks a lot

dureiken - https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/FAQ answers your query 'yes it's normal' - but with a Duna round trip at about 1200 days ...

TaranisElsu - I have a problem when running a test with a Mk2 Lander Can (2 crew) + 12 RTG + large Food + large Oxygen + empty large Water + TACLS Water Purifier - I warp up to 1000 and all looks good the purifier can easily keep up with the 2 crew and I get net increase in water (from the digested food I guess). However if I go to space center and warp 1000 for some days and then fly the craft I see the purifier has not run. I see Waste Water accumulated and Water & Food consumed. I expected that 'active warp 1000' should have the same effect as 'go ksc, warp 100, switch back to craft' - I can see why the coding challenge could be totally different (and from reading some other threads I'm sure it is different and harder). Am I seeing what you expect to see? If you say it's not I'll do a clean install of just TACLS and try it again and give you logs.

Is there any other set of converters and containers besides universal storage? WHile they look awesome and provide nice functionality, their formfactor is very inconvinient for some cases. FOr example for placing them inside cargo or equipment bay. And I do prefer using equipment bays, and use SSTOs very frequently.

Edited by sashan

Anybody created a module manager patch to add TAC modules to unsupported pods? Seems RoverDude has adapted his own system, and while nifty, I still prefer the hard realism of TAC. Something tells me manually plopping the old TAC code into the part files is...inelegant.

Just want to use an existing patch as a template to fill in myself. Thankies!

Edit: NM. I'm lazy. There's a generic template on the MM page I think I will use.

Oooooo love the new interface. Finally I can tweak my consumption rates without being afraid I might make a bad calculation!!! :D

And: I take it back, I'm a bit confused on making the MM patch. Anybody know if I should create a MODULE entry or simply a RESOURCE entry to add TAC LS to a command pod?

Wait..ok, so if I read this right TAC should do this automatically.

@PART

[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],!MODULE[LifeSupportModule]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

{

MODULE

{

name = LifeSupportModule

}

}

Am I correct in that this line adds them to all pods?

FINAL CORRECTION: OMG sorry for all this nonsense. Ok, found out any module with crew capacity listed as "0" has no module added automatically due to the <0 line!! Ha! Two command pods, the NFT mk3-9 and the DERP pod both have "0" (mk 3-9 can be automated and DERP has no crew capacity uninflated). Just thought everyone would like to know :)

Edited by autumnalequinox

I'm a bit confused on making the MM patch. Anybody know if I should create a MODULE entry or simply a RESOURCE entry to add TAC LS to a command pod?

What are you trying to do? Which parts did my MM configs miss?

Oooooo love the new interface. Finally I can tweak my consumption rates without being afraid I might make a bad calculation!!! :D

And: I take it back, I'm a bit confused on making the MM patch. Anybody know if I should create a MODULE entry or simply a RESOURCE entry to add TAC LS to a command pod?

Wait..ok, so if I read this right TAC should do this automatically.

@PART

[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],!MODULE[LifeSupportModule]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

{

MODULE

{

name = LifeSupportModule

}

}

Am I correct in that this line adds them to all pods?

FINAL CORRECTION: OMG sorry for all this nonsense. Ok, found out any module with crew capacity listed as "0" has no module added automatically due to the <0 line!! Ha! Two command pods, the NFT mk3-9 and the DERP pod both have "0" (mk 3-9 can be automated and DERP has no crew capacity uninflated). Just thought everyone would like to know :)

Right, a part has to have CrewCapacity > 0 to get a LifeSupportModule and it also has to have minimumCrew > 0 to get resources added. The first check prevents probe cores from getting the module. I added the second check because, in my opinion, crew cabins do not need supplies built in. Just add a part to get however much you want.

Edited by TaranisElsu

dureiken - https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/FAQ answers your query 'yes it's normal' - but with a Duna round trip at about 1200 days ...

TaranisElsu - I have a problem when running a test with a Mk2 Lander Can (2 crew) + 12 RTG + large Food + large Oxygen + empty large Water + TACLS Water Purifier - I warp up to 1000 and all looks good the purifier can easily keep up with the 2 crew and I get net increase in water (from the digested food I guess). However if I go to space center and warp 1000 for some days and then fly the craft I see the purifier has not run. I see Waste Water accumulated and Water & Food consumed. I expected that 'active warp 1000' should have the same effect as 'go ksc, warp 100, switch back to craft' - I can see why the coding challenge could be totally different (and from reading some other threads I'm sure it is different and harder). Am I seeing what you expect to see? If you say it's not I'll do a clean install of just TACLS and try it again and give you logs.

Because of limitations on how things work, the consumption calculations and the converters are not guaranteed to run in any particular order so you could end up with a little left over when returning to a ship, up to 86400 seconds worth (24 hours, i.e. the MaxDeltaTime setting). If you have more than that after time warping for many days, then something is going wrong and I would like to see a log file.

Looking forward to the next version of TACLS! I hope the "farm" modules make it in there soon too. They'll provide a whole new logistical challenge, and one that theoretically should either allow prolonged or indefinite isolated off-world colonies.

Because of limitations on how things work, the consumption calculations and the converters are not guaranteed to run in any particular order so you could end up with a little left over when returning to a ship, up to 86400 seconds worth (24 hours, i.e. the MaxDeltaTime setting). If you have more than that after time warping for many days, then something is going wrong and I would like to see a log file.

I have a similar issue using TACLS and MKS modules. I was, however, blaming UKS/MKS because that mod actually generates the food. I have all the modules to generate enough food, water, oxygen, and power (manned with 6 three star engineers) to have a net positive influx of those resources according to the TACLS resource window for the station. I can warp as fast as I like while focused on the station and everything works as it should. At 1000x food ticks up at about 1:5 so more is made than consumed. The other resources stay maxed.

If I switch ships and warp while watching the TACLS resource window, I am net NEGATIVE for food (oxygen is topped off by Karbonite conversion and water by mining). This is letting it run days at a time. I don't see any "catch up" cycles kicking in. I nearly killed everyone at the station warping at max for an Eve run. I had to disable TACLS until its fixed which bums me out because I spent weeks building that station to be self-sufficient.

I have a similar issue using TACLS and MKS modules. I was, however, blaming UKS/MKS because that mod actually generates the food. I have all the modules to generate enough food, water, oxygen, and power (manned with 6 three star engineers) to have a net positive influx of those resources according to the TACLS resource window for the station. I can warp as fast as I like while focused on the station and everything works as it should. At 1000x food ticks up at about 1:5 so more is made than consumed. The other resources stay maxed.

If I switch ships and warp while watching the TACLS resource window, I am net NEGATIVE for food (oxygen is topped off by Karbonite conversion and water by mining). This is letting it run days at a time. I don't see any "catch up" cycles kicking in. I nearly killed everyone at the station warping at max for an Eve run. I had to disable TACLS until its fixed which bums me out because I spent weeks building that station to be self-sufficient.

Best to kick MKS stuff over to the MKS thread - but bear in mind 100% lossless self sufficiency is no longer the MKS default.

Keep in mind that the monitoring window does not account for recycling. The "catch up" cycles happen when you go to that ship again. Also, nobody will die until you go to that ship again and everything catches up.

Edited by TaranisElsu

Oh, awesome :cool:!

Though it might have been better if they waited a few weeks...

In your screenshot, I see a new minigame in the Life Support Monitoring window. It looks like the Kerbals are winning: Kerbals 4, Vessels 0.

Keep in mind that the monitoring window does not account for recycling. The "catch up" cycles happen when you go to that ship again. Also, nobody will die until you go to that ship again and everything catches up.

So, when do the mustard cycles happen?

Thanks for looking at this. It's not just a small discrepancy like you'd get from out of order of dependent processes. I had KSC warped forward a few days, when I fly the ship again I see that the few days water is consumed and a corresponding amount of WasteWater is in the container - as though the Recycler had not been running at all. It 'manually' 'catches up' as the ship has focus and time passes - but I did not see any 'automatically catch it up as the ship loads' which is what I was expecting. I'll make a log file - um what's the best way to get it to you?

Thanks for looking at this. It's not just a small discrepancy like you'd get from out of order of dependent processes. I had KSC warped forward a few days, when I fly the ship again I see that the few days water is consumed and a corresponding amount of WasteWater is in the container - as though the Recycler had not been running at all. It 'manually' 'catches up' as the ship has focus and time passes - but I did not see any 'automatically catch it up as the ship loads' which is what I was expecting. I'll make a log file - um what's the best way to get it to you?

This linked thread has instructions on getting the log file, and suggestions on how to make it available for someone else to look at it.

Thanks for the ref Gryphon.

I got a clean install, newest TAC, newest MM. Ran a similar test again - it all worked as TanisElsu described - doing the catch up processing when I re-flew the craft, without the recycler the crew should have been long dead.

So thats good, but I'm not sure what I saw before :(

TanisElsu - what do you do re electricity when you 'catch-up'? just assume 'enough' or 'enough if there is enough 'for one tick' on unpack'?

thanks

TaranisElsu: I just found LifeSupport.cfg GlobalSettings. Is that accessible via MM variable addressing? When someone adjusts rates via the GUI does that tweak these values? or the adjusted rates available to MM somehow? I was wanting to make a part via MM that could keep up with any reconfig the user did via the GUI.

I have a ship (lets just call it 'X') where oxygen is supplemented by a co2 to o2 converter. This gives me 144 days of 02, and if I time warp with X open it will last for 144 days. However if I go to back to the space center to warp or warp with a different vessel loaded, when I reload X all my kerbals will be dead from oxygen deprivation (still trying to determine exactly how long they last while warping without the vessel loaded). Are the resource converters simply not designed to work with time warp when the vessel is not loaded? This sort of breaks the resource converters, as they only seem to supply their resources when the vessel is open. Sorry if this has already been answered in this thread, I didn't see it.

Thanks!

I'm having a weird problem. Kerbals are getting deleted by TAC, but not in space. They are getting deleted when home and available, when I go into and out of my VAB.

Here is the relevant bit of log. Trotter and Conductor Crate (don't ask) are the kerbals deleted:

Tac.TacLifeSupport[FFF42158][120.74]: OnSave: SCENARIO

{

name = TacLifeSupport

scene = 5, 6, 7, 8

SavedGameSettings

{

IsNewSave = False

Enabled = True

HibernateInsteadOfKill = False

RespawnDelay = 9203545

CrewMemberInfo

{

name = Trotter

lastUpdate = 657357.37341702

lastFood = 657357.37341702

lastWater = 657357.37341702

vesselName = Untitled Space Craft

vesselId = 9b622bc2-e602-419f-9d4c-2de4065f1caf

hibernating = False

}

CrewMemberInfo

{

name = Conductor Crate

vesselId = 9b622bc2-e602-419f-9d4c-2de4065f1caf

hibernating = False

}

VesselInfo

{

vesselType = Ship

numCrew = 2

numOccupiedParts = 1

lastOxygen = 657357.37341702

lastElectricity = 657357.37341702

remainingFood = 2.14460185677248

remainingWater = 1.41749166287161

remainingOxygen = 217.871671689403

remainingElectricity = 43.9988327567989

remainingCO2 = 1.0132971009998

remainingWaste = 0.00174824687103145

remainingWasteWater = 0.016181142090264

maxFood = 2.163826

maxWater = 1.430198

maxOxygen = 219.044760496765

maxElectricity = 350

estimatedElectricityConsumptionRate = 0.049583333333334

hibernating = False

Guid = 9b622bc2-e602-419f-9d4c-2de4065f1caf

}

}

}

root

{

GlobalSettings

{

MaxDeltaTime = 86400

ElectricityMaxDeltaTime = 1

FoodResource = Food

WaterResource = Water

OxygenResource = Oxygen

CarbonDioxideResource = CarbonDioxide

WasteResource = Waste

WasteWaterResource = WasteWater

FoodConsumptionRate = 1.6927083333E-05

WaterConsumptionRate = 1.1188078704E-05

OxygenConsumptionRate = 0.001713537562385

ElectricityConsumptionRate = 0.014166666666667

BaseElectricityConsumptionRate = 0.02125

EvaElectricityConsumptionRate = 0.00425

CO2ProductionRate = 0.00148012889876

WasteProductionRate = 1.539351852E-06

WasteWaterProductionRate = 1.4247685185E-05

EvaDefaultResourceAmount = 21600

MaxTimeWithoutFood = 1296000

MaxTimeWithoutWater = 129600

MaxTimeWithoutOxygen = 7200

MaxTimeWithoutElectricity = 86400

}

TACLifeSupportSettings

{

visible = False

x = 438

y = 116

width = 371

height = 586

}

LifeSupportBuildAid

{

visible = False

x = 956

y = 66

width = 372

height = 211

}

LifeSupportMonitoring

{

visible = False

x = 533

y = 75

width = 300

height = 300

}

LifeSupportCrewRoster

{

visible = False

x = 523

y = 284

width = 320

height = 200

}

}

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[DangIt][Runtime]: Saving settings...

Game State Saved to saves/Kanada Eh/persistent

FAR Vehicle Voxel Setup started

FAR Vehicle Voxel Setup complete

Tac.SpaceCenterManager[FFF42156][120.74]: Start, new game = False

Tac.AddLifeSupport[911B1980][120.74]: Constructor

Tac.SpaceCenterManager[FFF42156][120.74]: Deleting crew member: Trotter

Tac.SpaceCenterManager[FFF42156][120.74]: Deleting crew member: Conductor Crate

6/5/2015 10:24:34 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Contracts System Ready

6/5/2015 10:24:36 PM,CapCom,CapCom Contracts Loaded...

[6/5/2015 10:24:36 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][AC is spawned...]

[6/5/2015 10:24:36 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.get_VacationExpiry][EXPIRY: 808557.37341702]

[6/5/2015 10:24:36 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][relabeling: Conductor Crate]

[6/5/2015 10:24:36 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.get_VacationExpiry][EXPIRY: 808557.37341702]

[6/5/2015 10:24:36 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][relabeling: Trotter]

[6/5/2015 10:24:37 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][AC is spawned...]

[6/5/2015 10:24:37 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.get_VacationExpiry][EXPIRY: 808557.37341702]

[6/5/2015 10:24:37 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][relabeling: Conductor Crate]

[6/5/2015 10:24:37 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.get_VacationExpiry][EXPIRY: 808557.37341702]

[6/5/2015 10:24:37 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][relabeling: Trotter]

[6/5/2015 10:24:37 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][relabeling: Conductor Crate]

[6/5/2015 10:24:38 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][AC is spawned...]

[6/5/2015 10:24:38 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.get_VacationExpiry][EXPIRY: 808557.37341702]

[6/5/2015 10:24:38 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][relabeling: Conductor Crate]

[6/5/2015 10:24:38 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.get_VacationExpiry][EXPIRY: 808557.37341702]

[6/5/2015 10:24:38 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][relabeling: Trotter]

[6/5/2015 10:24:38 PM][DEBUG][CrewQueue.Interface.Update][relabeling: Conductor Crate]

Obviously I'm not going to get huffy about problems with a wonderful free thing that I've been given, but it's kind of a deal breaker, and TAC is my favourite life support mod so I'd like to keep using it.

TAC Life Support Declutter Revised

Somnambulist had previously released a declutter script) that reduces the number of parts from 30 to 2. However, it uses TweekScale, which I dislike and consider cheaty. After some time, I developed my own version that reduced it down to 6 parts.

Requirements

Enhancements from Somnambulist's Declutter

• Waste containers now start empty
  • Cost of containers adjust based on the type of container
  • The amount of resources in each container match the original containers

Known issues

Just like Somnambulist's script, this script creates a new part that can be configured. The original TAC Life Support parts will continue to function on existing craft, but will no longer be available in the VAB or SPH. However, any craft built with the life support parts after the script is installed will break if you uninstall the script.

Downloads

FAQ

I like TweekScale. Can I still use this script?

Yes. However, scales are limited to 50%, 100%, and 200% to match the standard sizes. The top of the scale become avalable when the Heavy Rocketry technology node is unlocked.

Can I replace Somnambulist's script with this one?

Not without breaking your existing ships. That is because I used different part names than he did.

I have a retexture pack for TAC Life Support. Will this script support it?

Unless the retexture pack copies over the original texture files, no. Because of the many different ways in which a retextures pack can be added, it is practically impossible to support them. Therefore, I will leave that up to the texture pack developer or the end user to figure out.

I have a problem…

I have no intentions of supporting this script beyond its initial release. That is because I created this primarily for my own personal use and simply want to share it with others who may find it useful. If you have a problem, you are pretty much on your own. But if you have a fix, please post it and I may incorporate itâ€â€if my interests haven't wondered to something else entirely.

Credits and Acknowledgements

• Somnambulist – for the original declutter script
  • TaranisElsu – create/developer of TAC Life Support
  • Ialdabaoth, sarbian – developers of ModuleManager plugin
  • Snjo, Roverdude – developers of Firespitter

Edited by Farix