[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Ahh the dreaded "Soon" lol But seriously thanks for all the work done on this mod. It's one of my essentials

You are welcome. Glad you like it.

How does the "HibernateInsteadOfKill" function work, how do I use it and how to I un-hibernate a hibernating kerbal?

That is another "coming soonTM" feature. As soon as I figure out how to make it work...

The plan is to make the ship uncontrollable when Kerbals are out of life support (because they are hibernating) and make it controllable again as soon as you bring more supplies. It would happen automatically. I do not plan on making any kind of "hibernation pod" or "cold sleep pod", but I will consider adding some compatibility code so that someone else could.

I've been running into this little issue since the last pre-release... For some reason the resources tabs and UI only show just one or two resource in capsules/containers while the others simply don't get processed. As in they're just missing. From anywhere- Build-Aid/Resource Monitor, Modular Tanks, descriptions... Anything...

NMcSnYp.png

aZXZcuq.png

Happens even after a clean install of TACLS...

Could it be an incompatibility with the Tweakable Everything mod?

This could be a problem with the module manager, but i closed the life support statistics window ( the one that lists the status of all flights and the other window )... how do I re open it ?

I see the module manager box in the space center and i can either "Reload database" or "Dump database to file" but neither of those does much other then lag the game for a bit. ive tried clicking and right clicking every little box i can find that looks like a UI module and nothing.

This could be a problem with the module manager, but i closed the life support statistics window ( the one that lists the status of all flights and the other window )... how do I re open it ?

I see the module manager box in the space center and i can either "Reload database" or "Dump database to file" but neither of those does much other then lag the game for a bit. ive tried clicking and right clicking every little box i can find that looks like a UI module and nothing.

For me, the button shows up in blizzy's toolbar. If you're running the toolbar and don't see the TAC button (icon of a green knife and fork), you may need to "Configure visible buttons" in the toolbar's menu.

If you posted a log file as requested here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Help, I would already know the answer to these:

1. Are you using the Toolbar mod?
  2. If not, what are the xPos and yPos values in the FlightIcon {} block in this file: {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/PluginData/TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport.cfg?
  3. What OS are you using? And 64-bit or 32-bit?
  4. Are there any errors in the log file? Any at all, not just from my mod. And please ignore the "The expected exception is still happening" entry as explained on the Help page.

Can I get some feedback on the numbers in the "Balance Check" section, starting at line 261, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aioc9ek3XAvwdGNsRlh3OVhlbTFBR3M4RW0zLUNTRFE&usp=sharing ?

Summary:

Kerbin -> Duna

Round-trip Duration = 1130 Kerbin-days

Supplies needed per Kerbal = 0.45 tons, 875.37 Liters, 11.65 K$, ~1/3 of a large container

Total supplies needed for 6 Kerbals: 2.67 tons, 5,252.21 Liters, 69.90 K$, 2.25 large containers

Kerbin -> Jool

Round-trip Duration = 3023 Kerbin-days

Supplies needed per Kerbal = 1.19 tons, 2,341.80 Liters, 31.17 K$, 1.00 large containers

Total supplies needed for 6 Kerbals = 7.15 tons, 14,050.83 Liters, 187.00 K$, 6.03 large containers

Note that those values do not include the weight nor cost of the containers themselves, just the contents.

I've been running into this little issue since the last pre-release... For some reason the resources tabs and UI only show just one or two resource in capsules/containers while the others simply don't get processed. As in they're just missing. From anywhere- Build-Aid/Resource Monitor, Modular Tanks, descriptions... Anything...

http://i.imgur.com/NMcSnYp.png

http://i.imgur.com/aZXZcuq.png

Happens even after a clean install of TACLS...

Could it be an incompatibility with the Tweakable Everything mod?

I've experienced this exact problem before, and for me, updating Modular Fuel Tanks to 5.1.1a fixed this.

Can I get some feedback on the numbers in the "Balance Check" section, starting at line 261, here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aioc9ek3XAvwdGNsRlh3OVhlbTFBR3M4RW0zLUNTRFE&usp=sharing ?

Summary:

Kerbin -> Duna

Supplies needed per Kerbal = 0.45 tons, 875.37 Liters, 11.65 K$, ~1/3 of a large container

Total supplies needed for 6 Kerbals: 2.67 tons, 5,252.21 Liters, 69.90 K$, 2.25 large containers

Kerbin -> Jool

Supplies needed per Kerbal = 1.19 tons, 2,341.80 Liters, 31.17 K$, 1.00 large containers

Total supplies needed for 6 Kerbals = 7.15 tons, 14,050.83 Liters, 187.00 K$, 6.03 large containers

Note that those values do not include the weight nor cost of the containers themselves, just the contents.

Personally, they seem too forgiving imho: 2.7 tons for six kerbals is basically free (if you can design a roun trip for duna, 2.7 tons will likely be well within the normal safety margins, at least for me). The price seems better though.

Little OT: as you will have been notified by github, issue #27 appears fixed by pre 4, at least for me :)

I know its off topic but when will there be support for Universal Storage?

Yes, but it's the other way around. It's US that needs to support TAC, not the viceversa. And in fact, if you had checked the Universal Storage thread, you'd already know it's coming in its next release.

Personally, they seem too forgiving imho: 2.7 tons for six kerbals is basically free (if you can design a roun trip for duna, 2.7 tons will likely be well within the normal safety margins, at least for me). The price seems better though.

Little OT: as you will have been notified by github, issue #27 appears fixed by pre 4, at least for me :)

it's fixed for me too

Yes, but it's the other way around. It's US that needs to support TAC, not the viceversa. And in fact, if you had checked the Universal Storage thread, you'd already know it's coming in its next release.

Oh im sorry. I did read the thread I guess I read it wrong. I thought it said that they were waiting on TAC. Like I said I read it wrong.

Oh im sorry. I did read the thread I guess I read it wrong. I thought it said that they were waiting on TAC. Like I said I read it wrong.

We were waiting for TAC to change over to 1 unit = 1 liter. Now that's done we'll publish a pack that contains all the resources TAC LS uses as well as some generators for reprocessing waste products.

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

We were waiting for TAC to change over to 1 unit = 1 liter. Now that's done we'll public a pack that contains all the resources TAC LS uses as well as some generators for reprocessing waste products.

Are you able to give a estimated time?

Kerbin -> Duna

Kerbin -> Jool

Sounds reasonable. If I go over 30 Kerbin days, my house rules are to bring 4x living space. 2-3 large TAC containers to Duna is not a problem, since I will have a heavy transfer vehicle anyway. I still think that the containers should actually be a little bit less full, by maybe 10%, to make space in the containers to move around and to make bringing enough food just a tad harder.

Can't say much about price since I mostly play sandbox, but judging from the average cost of large modules, this sounds like a challenging but appropriate amount.

Taranis, great job all around!

Are you able to give a estimated time?

Lets say end of august, max. I'm attempting to keep things consistent in aesthetics and quality, while ensuring the models will play nice with future parts and functionality I have planned for the mod. This has taken far longer than I envisioned in the first place, but considering how much I've learnt and improved since then, I think it's been a worthy investment of time :)

Lets say end of august, max. I'm attempting to keep things consistent in aesthetics and quality, while ensuring the models will play nice with future parts and functionality I have planned for the mod. This has taken far longer than I envisioned in the first place, but considering how much I've learnt and improved since then, I think it's been a worthy investment of time :)

I have to say, I think you and Paul Kingtiger have done a phenomenal job. And TaranisElsu, as said up-thread, this is one of my "must-have" mods. I'm always impressed at how quickly you guys all get updates out to the community, and I think it's not too presumptuous to say that there's a lot of us out here who really appreciate the time and effort that has gone into it. Thanks!

For me, the button shows up in blizzy's toolbar. If you're running the toolbar and don't see the TAC button (icon of a green knife and fork), you may need to "Configure visible buttons" in the toolbar's menu.
If you posted a log file as requested here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Help, I would already know the answer to these:

1. Are you using the Toolbar mod?
  2. If not, what are the xPos and yPos values in the FlightIcon {} block in this file: {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/PluginData/TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport.cfg?
  3. What OS are you using? And 64-bit or 32-bit?
  4. Are there any errors in the log file? Any at all, not just from my mod. And please ignore the "The expected exception is still happening" entry as explained on the Help page.

I just looked up what tool bar mod im using ( I still dont really know what it is exactly, never paid attention to it it came bundled in with another mod )

It shows up in my game data folder as 000_toolbar , and in game as ModuleManager ... thats all I know... oh and its last update was the first of this year, according to the change log in the 000_toolBar folder, so safe to assume its quite useless.

It sounds like Blizzys toolbar works so I can find and install that.

Also I do see the green fork icon.. but only in the VAB and Spaceplane hanger, they list all the life support info I need but I cant seem to get that info once im in flight on my current ship or any other flights in progress.

I just looked up what tool bar mod im using ( I still dont really know what it is exactly, never paid attention to it it came bundled in with another mod )

It shows up in my game data folder as 000_toolbar , and in game as ModuleManager ... thats all I know... oh and its last update was the first of this year, according to the change log in the 000_toolBar folder, so safe to assume its quite useless.

It sounds like Blizzys toolbar works so I can find and install that.

Also I do see the green fork icon.. but only in the VAB and Spaceplane hanger, they list all the life support info I need but I cant seem to get that info once im in flight on my current ship or any other flights in progress.

Toolbar and Module Manager are two very, very different things.

Also, Toolbar has been updated very recently (26th of july): you shoul try to update it before we continue.

What Ippo said. And please, please, please follow the directions on the Help page and upload a log file somewhere that I can get to it.

I was having a problem with the .9 #4 build where the MM files weren't adding resources to my command pods/crew containers. I searched the thread a bit, but couldn't really find an answer so I ended up re-writing the MM files myself. I wanted to share them here for anyone else to use if they wish. This file will add the TAC LifeSupport Module and three days of TAC resources per Kerbal to every part that can hold a Kerbal.

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[1]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 0.71
maxAmount = 0.71
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 1.35
maxAmount = 1.35
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 228.2
maxAmount = 228.2
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 196.34
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 0.51
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1.49
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[2]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 1.42
maxAmount = 1.42
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 2.7
maxAmount = 2.7
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 456.4
maxAmount = 456.4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 392.68
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1.02
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2.98
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[3]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 2.13
maxAmount = 2.13
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 4.05
maxAmount = 4.05
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 684.6
maxAmount = 684.6
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 589.02
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1.53
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4.47
}
}
@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[4]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 2.84
maxAmount = 2.84
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 5.4
maxAmount = 5.4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 912.8
maxAmount = 912.8
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 785.36
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2.04
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5.96
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[5]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 3.55
maxAmount = 3.55
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 6.75
maxAmount = 6.75
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 1141.00
maxAmount = 1141.00
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 981.70
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2.55
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 7.45
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[6]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 4.26
maxAmount = 4.26
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 8.10
maxAmount = 8.10
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 1369.20
maxAmount = 1369.20
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1178.04
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 3.06
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 8.94
}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[7]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 4.97
maxAmount = 4.97
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 9.45
maxAmount = 9.45
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 1597.4
maxAmount = 1597.4
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1374.38
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 3.57
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 10.43
}
}

@PART[launchClamp1]:Final

{

@MODULE[ModuleGenerator]

{

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

rate = 100

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 1000

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = Food

rate = 100

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = Water

rate = 100

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = Waste

rate = -100

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = WasteWater

rate = -100

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

rate = -100

}

}

}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

rate = -100

}

}

}

I was having a problem with the .9 #4 build where the MM files weren't adding resources to my command pods/crew containers. I searched the thread a bit, but couldn't really find an answer so I ended up re-writing the MM files myself. I wanted to share them here for anyone else to use if they wish. This file will add the TAC LifeSupport Module and three days of TAC resources per Kerbal to every part that can hold a Kerbal.

/snip

I think there may have been a link to 0.8.0.4 up accidentally. Check your rates. If there seems to be way too much oxygen, then you probably downloaded the wrong version.

I'm having a problem with the construction helper listing times based on 0.8 rates. Is this a bug, or has the construction helper not been updated?

Please read https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Help along with https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Download#upgrading-from-previous-versions.

Are you using 0.9 pre-release #4? It should have overwritten the old settings file. Of course, it would not be there if you completely uninstalled the previous version as it says in the instructions above.

Please read https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki/Help, especially up to and including step 5.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, and be annoying about asking about log files, but they really do help. I can tell a lot about what might be going on if you just upload the entire thing to some place that I can see it.