[1.0.4] SteamGauges V1.7.2 - 27 July '15

Trueborn

Oh, I forgot to mention that the suicide burn altitude is marked by an orange caret (not pictured) that moves around the outside of the gauge. Hope you guys enjoy the new gauge!

Edited by Trueborn

Oh, I forgot to mention that the suicide burn altitude is marked by an orange carrot (not pictured) that moves around the outside of the gauge. Hope you guys enjoy the new gauge!

Thanks for making my carefully perfected script for kOS useless :D

Oh, I forgot to mention that the suicide burn altitude is marked by an orange carrot (not pictured) that moves around the outside of the gauge. Hope you guys enjoy the new gauge!

I'm sorry, but I did get a good laugh from this! Caret :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using it and it seems to be fine. I don't use the "auto burn" functions so I can't speak to that.

I have run into an issue with the node gauge where it "sticks" on 33 sec to burn. Sometimes a QS/QL fixes, but not always. I haven't really done much troubleshooting with it.

I've done some playing on 0.23.5 and haven't run into any problems, so it looks good to go. Unless anyone finds anything specific, I probably won't release a new version until 0.24.

I haven't seen any sticking on the node gauge, could you be more specific so I can track it down? Thanks.

I've done some playing on 0.23.5 and haven't run into any problems, so it looks good to go. Unless anyone finds anything specific, I probably won't release a new version until 0.24.

I haven't seen any sticking on the node gauge, could you be more specific so I can track it down? Thanks.

All I can really tell you for certain is that on some flights, after I either setup a node "by hand" or let MJ create a node, sometimes the node gauge will display "33" in the sec till burn box, even though the node might be minutes or hours away. Sometimes doing a quicksave/load fixes it, but not always. Deleting the node and recreating it sometimes works as well.

I'm sorry, despite using your mod religiously, I haven't payed much attention to it. That's how good this mod is, something you just come to expect to work right, like your car's speedometer.

I promise if I get any play time this weekend I will try and grab an output log or something when it happens again.

I have one suggestion, is it possible to make an "on/off" global setting for the HUD in the settings, like if I want to disable it completely (I used the opacity slider so I could just hide it). What happens to me is I like keeping the hot key on "H", but when docking the HUD pops up when translating forward. I like using the HUD when I'm in IVA, but not when I'm in the default 3rd person ship view.

The current version should have changed the hotkey to Alt-H, which you are much less likely to hit when using RCS. If for some reason it isn't set in your copy, you can change that in the config file (though I would make sure you're running 1.5 first). I'll keep an eye out for 33 second nodes as well.

The current version should have changed the hotkey to Alt-H, which you are much less likely to hit when using RCS. If for some reason it isn't set in your copy, you can change that in the config file (though I would make sure you're running 1.5 first). I'll keep an eye out for 33 second nodes as well.

I think those 33 second nodes are when steam gauges can't figure out the acceleration or the thrust produced by you craft. I usually find that happens with RAPIERS and also when my engines are not activated or out of fuel.

Honestly, its pretty hard to get anything useful from that screen shot, sorry.

Do you consistently not get good times on this specific vessel, or is it vessel independent? Also, is it a specific type of node that causes problems? Maybe a node on a hyperbolic orbit or something?

If it is bothering you too much, you should be able to toggle the calculate burn time option in the menu. That will just replicate the value from the nav ball.

Honestly, its pretty hard to get anything useful from that screen shot, sorry.

Do you consistently not get good times on this specific vessel, or is it vessel independent? Also, is it a specific type of node that causes problems? Maybe a node on a hyperbolic orbit or something?

If it is bothering you too much, you should be able to toggle the calculate burn time option in the menu. That will just replicate the value from the nav ball.

Different vessels, doesn't seem to be a type or kind of node either, the screenshot example was just a circ burn after launch. I think I'll do your suggestion and try toggling the option. My best guess at this point is some other mod I have maybe doing it.

EDIT: toggling the option fixes the issue as expected. I suspect there is some mod that's affecting the math. I'm guessing the 33 is about = to 0.33333333333333333333 that you get on a calculator ? Something like "I can't do the math, I'm going to run home and suck my thumb" ???

ANyway, if you happen to have this issue, go to your options and hit the radio button.

BTW this is happening right now on my livestream, maybe it's KW parts/engines somehow?

Edited by rottielover

The way that KSP defines inclination is actually only from 0 to 90, which is accurate. A 0 degree inclination orbit is, of course, parallel to the equator. It can be rotated up to 90 degrees, at which point it crosses directly over both poles. To specify where the orbit lies on the planet, the longitude of the ascending node is used. So saying an orbit has an inclination of -90 would be the same as changing the longitude of the ascending node by 180 degrees.

There isn't a T line, but there is a waterline (where the nose is pointed) and a flight path vector (where the nose is going). If you have the HUD lined up correctly, just put the FPV on the end of the runway and you'll land there. Pretty much, it looks like it does on the first page.

You can plant a flag at one of the ends just off the runway embankment and target it - that would provide a reasonable indicator within 100km range. At visual range you can also use the PAPI light mod for vertical alignment.

Edited by a.g.

A minor thing probably unnoticed.

The button image used with the Toolbar plugin for the compass gauge is not linked (that prevents opening it from the Toolbar).

Believe to have found the reason: the image file is named "SteamGauges/compass.png", but the linking line (in the source file "SteamGauges.cs", #228) is " compass_button.TexturePath = "SteamGauges/comp"; "

Renaming the "compass.png" file in "comp.png", the button works as planned.