[1.0.4] SteamGauges V1.7.2 - 27 July '15

Trueborn

Here is the next version. It uses the new texture, and has the ability to disable individual annunciators by clicking on them. There are a couple of alignment problems, but I wanted to get it out for you to look at. The only light issues I know for sure are the gear transit indication doesn't work correctly, and abort still doesn't do anything. The scaling has changed a bit as well, and I will have to find a place to put it in the settings window. Feedback on this version?

hey Trueborn, looks like an awesome mod, does it by chance have a speed-o-meter for land vehicles so with a scale from let's say 0 to 120 m/s ?

Currently, no. The HUD does display ground speed, but nothing dedicated to it for ground vehicles. If I did put it in, it would be in the NAV gauge as a ground speed readout, most likely.

Thanks, ap0r, I forgot to mention that one as well. I think my timer might be checking for 5ms instead of 5 seconds... I'll work on that as well.

I was not sure i would be able to do the core part of a speedometer, the scale, but it turned out to be just basic math. (maths are kinda scary for me lol)

I'm happy that I was able to do that, it was a nice challenge and I sure appreciate the work that you trueborn have put in all those scales! Specially the radioaltimeter, wich is not linear :o

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

BTW; I did this for my personal enjoyment and in no way am I implying that you have to do a speedometer now. (It's your mod, and you get to decide what to do with it, and I will help whenever I can with stuff that you ask me to do.) I just enjoyed solving that little problem, that's all.

Edited by ap0r

I was not sure i would be able to do the core part of a speedometer, the scale, but it turned out to be just basic math. (maths are kinda scary for me lol)

I'm happy that I was able to do that, it was a nice challenge and I sure appreciate the work that you trueborn have put in all those scales! Specially the radioaltimeter, wich is not linear :o

http://s18.postimg.org/v94pxvj49/Sin_t_tulo.jpg

BTW; I did this for my personal enjoyment and in no way am I implying that you have to do a speedometer now. (It's your mod, and you get to decide what to do with it, and I will help whenever I can with stuff that you ask me to do.) I just enjoyed solving that little problem, that's all.

looks cool :)

I think i might have found a bug... Caution light illuminates when coming out of timewarp or when changing spheres of influence. Anyone else has that?

I haven't noticed that, but it could be related to the delta T in the time warp (ie, it thinks it has been 5 seconds since you started discharging batteries when in real time it was only one frame). If it continues, I might have to do some more significant debugging.

Here is a new version compiled with the new DLLs. It didn't look like anything was affected, but if anyone notices anything let me know.

• 1 month later...

I installed steam gauges mod but KSP loading screen already tosses an "incompatible mod" window. I'm using version 1.7.3d, Toolbar also working fine/installed. Not sure what to do from here on :(

EDIT Never this. Seems to work after all!

The Hud is quite out of focus. Not sure if this is happening by my crappy graphics settings or if this due to ATM. Had removed it a long time ago, but some of the textures may still have been compressed to oblivion.

Edited by Spraki

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...