[1.0.4] SteamGauges V1.7.2 - 27 July '15

Trueborn

To turn it on or off you need to either press H or click the HUD icon in the toolbar. The settings window disables certain parts of the HUD, not the entire thing. The icon is 5th from the left in the image above. If that still doesn't work, please send me an output_log.txt and I'll have a look.

Great MOD!!

Only thing I'm having issue with is that the HUD will not display.

I'm in Career mode in version 0.23 and have version 1.4 of your MOD installed.

I do have "Electronics" and "Advanced Electronics" unlock in the tech tree.

I noticed that the HUD button in the Settings menu, has no "ON" or "Off".

I can click the button but nothing seems to happen.

The tech is actually "Electronics," which is after "Advanced Electrics." It looks like a microchip.

To turn it on or off you need to either press H or click the HUD icon in the toolbar. The settings window disables certain parts of the HUD, not the entire thing. The icon is 5th from the left in the image above. If that still doesn't work, please send me an output_log.txt and I'll have a look.

Yup, did that too.

The tech is actually "Electronics," which is after "Advanced Electrics." It looks like a microchip.

Well now... Don't I feel...Kerbalish!! :D

Off to do more Science.

I searched the configuration for the minimum mach and g to appear on the HUD in the config file but I haven't been able to find it: where is it in the file?

PS: I also tried to find them using the auto-search option in textEdit but it didn't worked :(

However, it's a great plugin: I like to have many variables and number about my action/ship, not because there are needed but because it satisfy my nerd tendency ;)

EDIT: In case you're wondering: I'm sure that I have the version 1.4 because the new air gauge is there(and also because I can remember downloading the new version not long ago and installing it in the game data folder)

and also because I notice some change since yesterday(when I downloaded the previous version)

Edited by goldenpeach

It does look like that might not have made it into the release, odd. It will be in the next version for you. I want to do something to change the icons depending on their state, so it shouldn't be too long.

It does look like that might not have made it into the release, odd. It will be in the next version for you. I want to do something to change the icons depending on their state, so it shouldn't be too long.

Thank you so much for that!

I will be able to read a lot of number on my craft(or flight)!

Ok goldenpeach and oinker, this one's for you.

Version 1.4.1 is released with a couple of usability enhancements.

The gauge icon tooltips now indicate weather a click will enable or disable the gauge. You should now know if the RZ gauge will pop up the next time you set a target.

The thresholds for the HUD displaying Mach and G values are now actually editable via the config file. HUDminG and HUDminMach are the keys.

Individual gauges can now be totally disabled through the config file. Search for the EnableXXXGauge keys, and set to 0 to disable a gauge. They cannot be re-enabled without a restart.

When the Node gauge is armed to burn and time to burn is less than 5 seconds, time acceleration is set to 0. This won't replace alarm clock, but it should help up to 10x or so.

Downloads are in the usual spots.

I hate posting a bug report just after an update but I didn't found "HUDminMach" and "HUDminMach".

Also, I can't turn off the gauge available during launch(except the air gauge).

Finally, I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the air gauge only show the mach number if I go faster than 0.40 mach(under that, it show "0.00 mach" leading to an odd situation when passing mach 0.40 because the gauge suddenly pass from 0.00 to 0.40 mach)

Alright, before I release a whole new version, here's a beta for you to try goldenpeach. I found the problem with the HUD (which I thought I caused working on something else yesterday), and hopefully the config keys as well. Also, the key command for the HUD is now LeftAlt-H. Please give it a try and let me know. If it looks good I'll release it.

Download 1.4.2 Beta

Edited by Trueborn
Forgot keyboard command.

Thank you!

I will try it as soon as possible(probably tomorrow).

EDIT1: and will write the result by editing this post(yes, I made an edit to announce that I will make an edit).

EDIT2:All the (new) function are functional(which mean the:time-warp auto-stopper(with the node gauge), the min mach/minG setting, the option to enable/disable a gauge before start-up and the text telling wether the gauge is on or off)(made this list to list what I tested(briefly, not a complete test)).

Also, is the air gauge displaying the mach number only if it above mach 0.40 a function or a bug?

Edited by goldenpeach

Thanks in large part to goldenpeach's bug hunting, version 1.4.2 is released.

Download SteamGauges 1.4.2

Version 1.4.2

The threshold for displaying Mach number and G's on the HUD and Air gauge is now editable in the config file. Look for the HUDminMach, AirMinMach and HUDminG keys.

The default key combo to toggle the HUD is now LeftAlt+H, still editable through the config file.

Bug Fix: The HUD can be turned off again.

Toolbar 1.5.0 is included

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks :) It would be nice, but you don't have to do that. I just wanted to ask, because i can solve it by scaling down ingame interface, and cut it out from video (a little of zoom to center of screen). It will have lower quality, but it will work ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I was trying to set up a probe network and discovered that the Orbital gauge no longer has the ability to display orbital period. which is prittey vital information when you want to make sure things don't get out of sync. can you please put this back as an option.

Hi. I was trying to set up a probe network and discovered that the Orbital gauge no longer has the ability to display orbital period. which is prittey vital information when you want to make sure things don't get out of sync. can you please put this back as an option.

I'll see what I can do to make room for it.

SteamGauges 1.5 is released!

The new, round, radar altimeter is here! The major change to the RA is that it now fits in with the rest of the gauges in size and aesthetics. The behavior is the same except for the following changes:

- Maximum altitude is now 5,000m.

- Auto-Stop will now stop a burn if the vessel begins to climb.

- The gauge no longer displays time to impact.

- The gauge no longer displays the Green/Yellow/Red proximity lights.

The Orbital Gauge can once again display orbital period. Just click on the button below the time readout.

There are also a few minor changes throughout, courtesy of a.g.

Toolbar 1.7.0 is included in this download.

gaFlhlL.png

Alternate Download

Source Code