Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

Update

Believe it or not, we see the light at the end of the tunnel. Things are quickly coming to a close. This past couple weeks have been pretty much crunching final touches of phase 1.

Nazari and I have been working until late in the night getting stuff going. Unfortunately we've had to make some sacrifices along the way and still some more to go.

-Vehicle is pretty balanced, flies magnificently, launches, returns, all perfectly. It's a bit over-powered but it's a sacrifice we had to make. I prefer gamey-ness over realism. If I wanted realism I'd go play Orbiter.

-No more Navball. It's hardcoded, so unless someone creates a plugin allowing us to make our own custom Navballs, it's just not possible without a programmer. I didn't even want the freaking thing anyways. It's been replaced by a digital Navball display thanks to the awesome power of RPM.

-Because we ended up using RPM for the MFDs, I had to up the resolution of the cockpit. Took a few days to redo all the graphics. I'm still working on the remaining components. We will include lower resolution textures as an option in the future (and or DDS replacement).

To do:

-Landing gear is giving Nazari issues. Having to do with the bounciness as well as it getting stuck in the piston (a bug with KSP).

-The Kerbals are not showing up correctly in the lower right hand corner of the screen. KSP is ignoring the Kerbal cameras Nazari set up, we have no idea what is going on with that. This is important to me, since presentation is a big issue for me. We have no idea how ZRM set it up.

-Minor tweaking and a robust testing regimen.

hLu0Ed2.jpg

Will have better shots once the IVA is finished.

8SZIROl.jpg

High res cockpit, fully visibly text (click to view)

http://i.imgur.com/fl6a0VG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vtQ3xEH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y98lty0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hWKcBUe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yn3ZThs.jpg

Good to hear that it's coming along nicely.

I was wondering if you are planning to a project after the Mini Shuttle is done.

A big shuttle :D .

I think he is going to do smaller projects or stop (Apparently this one was a bit chaotic). But I wish that the shuttle will be updated with next KSP versions. There is a lot of work, it would be a shame.

helldiver, I just want to congratulate you. This mod, especially the IVA, is the single most amazing thing I have ever seen made for KSP. The level of detail and the amount of work you put into this are simply astounding. The fact that you have modeled every single selector and switch on the overhead panel, as well as of the labels that go with them, amazes me, and this is not even mentioning side panels, center console and everything else.

Some features weren't working correctly - you kept going. ZRM, who was helping you with a lot of important parts of the project, dissapeared - and you still kept going!!! Some people would have quit long ago, but you did not. You have been an inspiration to me and, I am sure, many others ever since this project began. I'd like to thank you as well for ignoring everyone who was telling you to release an incomplete version.

Thank you for making this amazing mod.

Never give up.

helldiver, I just want to congratulate you. This mod, especially the IVA, is the single most amazing thing I have ever seen made for KSP. The level of detail and the amount of work you put into this are simply astounding. The fact that you have modeled every single selector and switch on the overhead panel, as well as of the labels that go with them, amazes me, and this is not even mentioning side panels, center console and everything else.

Some features weren't working correctly - you kept going. ZRM, who was helping you with a lot of important parts of the project, dissapeared - and you still kept going!!! Some people would have quit long ago, but you did not. You have been an inspiration to me and, I am sure, many others ever since this project began. I'd like to thank you as well for ignoring everyone who was telling you to release an incomplete version.

Thank you for making this amazing mod.

Never give up.

Don't forget to also give Nazari a big Thank you because his help is of uttermost importance :D

Nazari and I have been tossing up different ideas. I still want to do some of the stuff I had planned such as: spacecraft components, station components, rovers, and a lunar lander that all fit the cargo bay. Additional research lab modules, tools, equipment, and such that all fit nicely in the cargo bay. It also depends on if Squad is still supporting and enthused about KSP.

That won't be a problem scince this is their only work so far.

Um, no, definitely not their only work, unless by "work" you mean software. They were primarily a marketing company that specializes in installation pieces, "capstone events to larger advertising campaigns", and apparently going forward are going to continue to diversify, working on producing a movie and starting a record label, among other things. Check out this recent article for a bit more info behind how an interactive marketing company gets into the software business because one crazy employee wants to write a game about little green men...