Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

Um, no, definitely not their only work, unless by "work" you mean software. They were primarily a marketing company that specializes in installation pieces, "capstone events to larger advertising campaigns", and apparently going forward are going to continue to diversify, working on producing a movie and starting a record label, among other things. Check out this recent article for a bit more info behind how an interactive marketing company gets into the software business because one crazy employee wants to write a game about little green men...

Obviously, thats what I meant...

Latest update:

LOLODfZ.png

After lots of finagling, got the first flight. Although I had to composite the reentry since I kept landing on the grass. Nazari has done an outstanding job getting this thing working. All credit goes to him for setting it up and getting it working.

To do still:

-Lots of flight model tweaking. Launch and orbit are pretty smooth. Coming back down is smooth but can be finicky. A bit of it had to do with not being able to assign the airbrakes to an action group no mater what I did. The flaps and airbrake are absolutely necessary otherwise it'll balloon up or roll off the runway.

-Minor art related touch ups (seam line along the main gear wheels).

-Fixing one of the MFDs so we can produce a rudimentary ADI (easy and simple job).

-Preparation for release and final permissions from plugin authors.

-Part descriptions.

My hats off to Nazari for putting up with the headaches and for all the tweaking and adjusting we still have to do.

We are now "Beta" with this. Please do not message me regarding testing. We will be working with a couple other modders who have a lot of experience with this so that they can help us adjust numbers and test it properly. Although right now Nazari has a pretty good handle on things.

Personally I'm not that happy with the responsiveness during landing, basically it's too easy to lose control and crash. Controls can be a little jerky, and lots of steps have to be taken which can make handling complicated (turning air brakes on and off, turning SAS on and off, toggling torque) all the while trying to maintain control. I think it's just a bit too complex for the average user as it is right now when landing. Launches and orbiting are right about where I want them. Payloads complicate maters a little bit, but otherwise the average KSP user should have no problem. Re-entry is also pretty good. Unfortunately at around 4000m the thing just gets all weird.

Again lots more testing and number tweaking to do.

And the latest album from my first flights. Nazari coached me through the first few. I successfully flew a mission and landed. Unfortunately I didn't land on the runway but instead on the grass since I still don't understand what's up with the mysterious power coming out of no where when I turn the airbrakes off...

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by helldiver

Do you think you could include cryogenic effects from Dtobi's Space Shuttle engines? It'd be really neat to have this as an option.

In general, the Shuttle is looking good. I'm now actually looking forward to see it released.

Um, help I have a problem here? Has anyone seen my jaw? I lost it while I was looking at that album and now I can't find it. :sticktongue:

That shuttle looks beautiful and I can't wait! I think you won for best shuttle mod in my opinion. :D

Congratulations. The shuttle looks fantastic, and we're all aware of the tremendous amount of work that went into it, and it shows. Personally I'm into customized modded crafts but this is one that I look forward to try.

Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm, motivation, and compliments. It's really what has kept me going on this project.

Fortunately Nazari came in and picked it up.

-We're getting a lot of the bugs squashed.

-Nazari improved the landing/glide/deadstick approach significantly. I'm really liking it now and it's not so touchy and erratic. Definitely a lot more controllable. Was also able to turn and fine tune my approach.

tQCp7ZE.jpg