Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

I thought that in North America, the only people who use metric measurements are Canadians and drug dealers? ***runs and hides*** :D

I believe you mean, "In North America, the only people who use metric measurements are Americans and drug dealers"

:sticktongue:

You can have units on your displays in furlongs per fortnight, Jebs (the circumference of Jebediah Kerman's head, now in common parlance among KASA engineers due to historical reasons involving his previous career as a crash test dummy),

I am so measuring things in Jebs now!

Edited by Tw1

Man, if I had known this would start such an argument, I wouldn't even mentioned it. Let's just focus on this great project which is finally close to release!!

The discussion lately in this thread really adds nothing but useless clutter. Can we all just drop it? The MFD's are customizable. So use what you want, please. I'd rather hear about them and the shuttle than this pissing contest about who uses what units on what aircraft on whatever simulator.

It's very,VERY hard to balance shuttles,so,can you use Engine Torque Compensation(it's a plugin)in making this?That or make a special launcher.

He's already decided to make a custom launch vehicle. It's rather similar to the setup of the real life space shuttle stack.

Side note: Come on, folks. how hard is it to read through the previous posts to see what's been decided on already?

No, he was right. We use metric here, states uses Imperial.

Technically, they don't. The imperial system was established by British Weights and Measures Act of 1824, at which time the US had already quit the Empire. Although substantially similar, the US customary system is a different standard, and differs from the imperial system in a few areas. This is why a Canadian 12-oz. bottle of beer is 341 mL, whereas an American 12-oz. bottle of beer is 355 mL. If you like beer, you want a US ounce, not an Imperial ounce. :) [Or get canned beer -- Canadians use 355mL cans these days...]

Technically, they don't. The imperial system was established by British Weights and Measures Act of 1824, at which time the US had already quit the Empire. Although substantially similar, the US customary system is a different standard, and differs from the imperial system in a few areas. This is why a Canadian 12-oz. bottle of beer is 341 mL, whereas an American 12-oz. bottle of beer is 355 mL. If you like beer, you want a US ounce, not an Imperial ounce. :) [Or get canned beer -- Canadians use 355mL cans these days...]

You may want an Imperial ounce, but I want the strong percentage of alcohol in Canadian beer. ;)

This project just keeps getting more and more exciting!!!

... sigh... so, about that shuttle... (please save us ZRM and Helldiver)...

What do you mean?

We're more or less on schedule. We had a few delays having to do with the MFD process since it involved some art that eventually ZRM did procedurally to make the instruments much more accurate. Hence we lost a couple weeks there.

Aside from that we should be on schedule.

Basically what happened was that I was doing the GUI artwork for the MFDs. Unfortunately it wasn't accurate enough and we were having communication difficulties between what ZRM wanted, what I wanted, what worked, what didn't and so on. Unfortunately we ended up losing more time than the time we gained by me doing that. In the end ZRM wrote a series of scripts and plugins to create the stuff differently. The board going down didn't help any.

We're not making any changes or additions. So any suggestions being mentioned above are pretty much being ignored. We already have a launch vehicle, flight model, and data. Just have to do final testing and what not. So please do not make suggestions as to using this or that, as that has all been pretty much set in stone or is about to.

Suggestions that I want to see:

-What vehicles would you like to see in the shuttle?

-Space Station components? Keep in mind KSP themed. NOT ISS, or MIR and not any realistic thing currently up in space.

-Rovers, what do you want to see on a rover?

My plan is for a moon lander with a rover roll-on-roll-off capability. Basically drive the rover up a ramp and into the segment that holds it.

-Satellites? Again keep it KSP themed.

Vehicles? I would like to see a small drop-pod, ideally one-part, with a capsule for one and engines for deorbit, and a powered landing on kerbin.

Space station components: a small greenhouse module, KSP themed, and a cryostaisis module (for long-term stationing in space or travel)

Rovers... No real preference, just small.

-Space Station components? Keep in mind KSP themed. NOT ISS, or MIR and not any realistic thing currently up in space.

My plan is for a moon lander with a rover roll-on-roll-off capability. Basically drive the rover up a ramp and into the segment that holds it.

How about some kind of deployable rack that has a whole bunch of MMUs strapped to it?

What about an oversized MMU that carries several Kerbals at once? Like an RCS bus.

What about a Kerbol Research module? A hollow tube with a big dish on it that always points at Kerbol, and has space for command seats so Kerbals can sunbathe.

Of course the ever-desired greenhouse module, ala Sunshine. Everyone loves space plants! http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3mr4FKaF1rfokr4o1_1280.jpg

What about some kind of rover that has the ability to "lock down"? Wheels fold in, stabilization arms fold out, a tiny drill goes into the ground, antennae and a dish fold up.

Well, I'd like to see something like SpaceLab for science experiments or even something like the Long Duration Exposure Facility. I'd also like to see a passenger transport module (to fit in the cargo bay so I can conduct crew replacement cycles faster), or even an extend operations module with a solar array and extra fuel/monoprop to keep the shuttle up there as long as possible.

Well, I'd like to see something like SpaceLab for science experiments or even something like the Long Duration Exposure Facility. I'd also like to see a passenger transport module (to fit in the cargo bay so I can conduct crew replacement cycles faster), or even an extend operations module with a solar array and extra fuel/monoprop to keep the shuttle up there as long as possible.

I was thinking modules like that as well. Fuel extension with additional mono and such. Wouldn't mind something like space lab.

What do you mean?

We're more or less on schedule. We had a few delays having to do with the MFD process since it involved some art that eventually ZRM did procedurally to make the instruments much more accurate. Hence we lost a couple weeks there.

Aside from that we should be on schedule.

Basically what happened was that I was doing the GUI artwork for the MFDs. Unfortunately it wasn't accurate enough and we were having communication difficulties between what ZRM wanted, what I wanted, what worked, what didn't and so on. Unfortunately we ended up losing more time than the time we gained by me doing that. In the end ZRM wrote a series of scripts and plugins to create the stuff differently. The board going down didn't help any.

We're not making any changes or additions. So any suggestions being mentioned above are pretty much being ignored. We already have a launch vehicle, flight model, and data. Just have to do final testing and what not. So please do not make suggestions as to using this or that, as that has all been pretty much set in stone or is about to.

I'm sorry. It's not you or ZRM, it's the other "side discussion" that I was hoping you guys could save us from. And I'm glad you did.

Personally, I would love to see what you had in store for a space station (that you previously hinted at before). This shuttle is really what I'm looking forward to. I'd love to see your spin on a rover and some sort of escape pod.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF
missing "or"