Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

Is the IVA intended to be that dark or will there be a light option? I understand the glowing from the instruments is significant and needs to be seen, but I also would like to enjoy the detail you put into the cockpit.

As the others mentioned the Cabin is lit. I didn't know there was a light switch when I got into space. I turned it on when I landed which didn't really help much since things were bright as it is.

Also, like I mentioned, even if you don't turn the light on, the cabin is actually brighter with the light off, than what those pictures are showing you. I have a color corrected monitor and gamma settings in PS5 so most of my screenshots and art will appear darker with higher contrast than normal when viewed on a browser.

This is with the light off. Keep in mind it's a lot brighter in game. I wasn't able to turn the light on, the cockpit system I think is not functioning. Maybe it's because I need to install batteries maybe?

vi9YG9V.jpg

The cockpit is very bright and you can see everything really well back on Kerbin (note my previous shots on the ground).

Is there any noticeable difference in atmospheric flight between the V-tail and the single rudder configurations? (Assuming that you are continuing the option to have just 1 rudder)

I did not try the single rudder configuration, so I wouldn't know. You will be able to easily built a single rudder version however. Keep in mind that the KSO will have its mass balanced assuming a V-tail configuration as well as it's flight model. You may have poor (or better) performance using a single tail. I'll experiment once I get a more complete version of the project.

Edited by helldiver

The mod is shaping up quite well. I'm actually curious to see how it may work if paired with other boosters/engines (KW comes to mind), but that won't be happening until we actually get our hands on it presumably. Looks good!

As the others mentioned the Cabin is lit. I didn't know there was a light switch when I got into space. I turned it on when I landed which didn't really help much since things were bright as it is.

Also, like I mentioned, even if you don't turn the light on, the cabin is actually brighter with the light off, than what those pictures are showing you. I have a color corrected monitor and gamma settings in PS5 so most of my screenshots and art will appear darker with higher contrast than normal when viewed on a browser.

This is with the light off. Keep in mind it's a lot brighter in game. I wasn't able to turn the light on, the cockpit system I think is not functioning. Maybe it's because I need to install batteries maybe?

vi9YG9V.jpg

The cockpit is very bright and you can see everything really well back on Kerbin (note my previous shots on the ground).

I did not try the single rudder configuration, so I wouldn't know. You will be able to easily built a single rudder version however. Keep in mind that the KSO will have its mass balanced assuming a V-tail configuration as well as it's flight model. You may have poor (or better) performance using a single tail. I'll experiment once I get a more complete version of the project.

I like how you can see the EFT floating away through the window :D

The SRBs have blue light, they should be yellow.

Oh, they are LFBs? THAT'S EVEN WORSE! Even if the shuttle itself is using design hints from Kliper, Buran, X-37, and STS Orbiter, the rest of the launch stage is visually closest to the STS Orbiter. The LFBs look just like SRBs, and nothing like the Buran LFBs.

I really think the choice to make them Liquid boosters should be reconsidered.

Edited by GregroxMun

Oh, they are LFBs? THAT'S EVEN WORSE! Even if the shuttle itself is using design hints from Kliper, Buran, X-37, and STS Orbiter, the rest of the launch stage is visually closest to the STS Orbiter. The LFBs look just like SRBs, and nothing like the Buran LFBs.

Keep in mind that this is not a replica of STS, Buran, Kliper, X-37, Skylon, etc. ZRM's thrust/RCS balancing mod (KCA) which is to be used with this shuttle does not support solids and liquid rockets are easier to manage anyway, so liquid boosters are the obvious choice.

I know, I was kind of bummed too when I learned they were LRB's, and I gave my rant, but like the the stages off grief, I have accepted it.

Whats wrong with liquid boosters a booster is a booster as long as it fires gets you going in the right direction and falls off when required I cant really see the issue think more kerbal like

We need more people like you on the forums.

idk, this seems to be getting worse... I doubt anyone will agree with me...

-Making it for modular fuel systems first, adding complications from that.

-Using thrust balancing plugins rather than allowing players to learn how much to throttle via rule of thumb/trial and error.

-screwing around worrying about it being "polished" when its a mod for a game that's still being developed.

Im sorry I'm not just praising the developer, its a good looking mod, the IVA's seem spectacular, but I'm concerned, its possible to over-develop or over-engineer something to a bad point.

sorry

once again this mod seems to be really quite nice and interesting, just that it seems to be taking forever and has some really odd problems :P

I stumbled across this and am blown away. Have been so gripped by the development of this project I have trawled through all 100 pages! Arg :) Fantastic job helldiver and ZRM. This puppy really is going to kick the bar out of Kerbals SOI. Mutts nuts, Dogs danglies, whatever. Is just a fantastic piece of work.

Edited by John.E

idk, this seems to be getting worse... I doubt anyone will agree with me...

-Making it for modular fuel systems first, adding complications from that.

-Using thrust balancing plugins rather than allowing players to learn how much to throttle via rule of thumb/trial and error.

-screwing around worrying about it being "polished" when its a mod for a game that's still being developed.

Im sorry I'm not just praising the developer, its a good looking mod, the IVA's seem spectacular, but I'm concerned, its possible to over-develop or over-engineer something to a bad point.

sorry

once again this mod seems to be really quite nice and interesting, just that it seems to be taking forever and has some really odd problems :P

They have a lot of pride in what they do, they want to release a mod that has little or no bugs if that takes longer so be it, in the words of of an old 70's tv sitcom (patience grasshopper) and yes I am that old