Oh ho!, or engine exhaust damage...

I have a vague idea on why this is happening. I may have downloaded a mod that somehow introduces this effect. Sad thing is, I've been downloading mods like Brock Sampson in a Brazilian brothel on free beer and (-------) night. :sticktongue: So, the solution is either I download a clean version of KSP (Hopefully this won't cost me any more.) or somehow find -which- mod is causing this. Any advice, one way or the other? On the gripping hand, there could be a third option, which I'm more than willing to hear...

Edited by Euel

Exhaust damage from my experience most of the time no real damage will happen but might stop the engine from pushing your launch vehicle. This happens when a part is behind the business end of the rocket or jet. Destroying parts with 6 or 8 sepratron motors could be a problem. As for re-downloading the game if you have already bought it there is no need to worry it wont cost you anything more. The only mod i could think of which might increase this effect is Deadly Reentry but its been ages since i last used it i wouldn't really know.

Thanks for all the the help! I get it now, what I was thinking was damage was just me doing something wrong with Mechjeb while I was trying to land a probe on the Mun. I'll check out some tutorials and see what I did wrong... :blush:

Doesn't help that what engine exhaust does and does not damage seems to be random.

Nose cones, Pods and other things that would probably (be designed to) survive re-entry will go up like Roman Candles when exposed to exhaust, but an Astronaut can sit under a Mainsail at full power and be absolutely fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.