Merge Ships at the VAB?

Guest Aaack

Guest Aaack

Hey guys!

So I made a rover and it was sweet and tiny, very apollo program like.

Now I had to go over the top and made a heavy one with capacity for 10 kerbals + pilot or 11 + pod.

In ay case I have a rocket that can lift it and carry it to the Mün's base but I don't see any obvious place where I can merge a saved rocket and "add" it to the scene where's my current rover. I'm afraid to ask...

Is there a way to "append" a rocket to your current build? even editing some file?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Aaack

Guest Aaack

Actually it didnt break! but it did something I never saw before.

It bent, about 20 degrees inthe direction of the wheels. And pulled the whole rocket with it.

It's not very visible from that angle but it had tons of struts everywhere. After that weird effect and seeing that also I didn't have enough dvs to take it to the Mün I added a whole stage and MOAR STRUTS!

(also 4 linear RCS to compensate the unbalance, Ive no idea if ill be able to land that onthe Mün but it's on orbit now with enough fuel at least!)

xavd.png

Here's a detail of the struts.

2r8o.png

Edited by Aaack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.