Will there be redone textures for some parts?

Rocketeer Hopeful

Especially with the new SPH and VAB, the parts seem so out of place.

Oh, I don't know. I think the new SPH and VAB look more in keeping with the parts than the old ones did. But obviously, opinions differ.

We're gonna know when the game comes out. No features are confirmed until the update is released, they could remove stuff if they find out it's too glitchy and needs more work. Eventually, I know some parts will be revisited, but it's not clear when it will happen.

The only parts that are in need of re-texturing, in my opinion, are as follows:

-All the wings.

-the Basic Canard.

-The large ASAS module needs to have higher-res, but is otherwise okay.

-The 1.25m ASAS needs to lose the black/yellow stripes, and the circuitry should look more like the new probe cores.

-All the wings.

-the Basic Canard.

-The 1.25m ASAS needs to lose the black/yellow stripes, and the circuitry should look more like the new probe cores.

Actually, I noticed something. Am I the only one who thinks the Mainsail needs some love? Just stick the Skipper next to it, or any other engine, the Mainsail's texture looks really bland.

-All the wings.

-the Basic Canard.

You must be the only person who likes the mk.3 spaceplane cockpit then, or you forgot the thing exists :sticktongue:

You must be the only person who likes the mk.3 spaceplane cockpit then, or you forgot the thing exists :sticktongue:

The Mk3 needs more than a texture update. Frankly I think it could do with a full mesh overhaul. With the round 1.25m connection on the front, pretty much everything you can put on it just seems out of place. I do like the Mk3 parts shape (everything other than the cockpit), and they did a good job in my 'Dyna-Soarer' mock-up, but that cockpit definitely needs some serious work.

On the texture side of things however, although a lot of parts fit the KSP motif (2.5m fuel tank looking like a 55 gal. drum), I have to say I don't really like their look. Frankly, ever since I got KW Rocketry, I don't think I've used a single stock tank, with the exception of the tiny one for probe landers and the Jumbo 64 for my Kethane Mun base.

Scott Manley put this out, see the new kerbin textures, etc.

http://youtu.be/l9oH49oFlN8

Well I do like the new planet textures and all the nice features (such as the new terrain gen and craters) but I feel like some, not all, parts need some redoing. Such as the nose cone, it is a weird black and white texture and when put on other tanks it just looks a little wonky. Some of the newer parts look nice such as the cupola and the new small tank and such.

I never liked the grey tanks. They look like they belong on an oil derrick.

I think the intention was that they look like shiny metal tank you see on something like the old Atlas rocket. But did not turn out right.

I never liked the grey tanks. They look like they belong on an oil derrick.

I think the intention was that they look like shiny metal tank you see on something like the old Atlas rocket. But did not turn out right.

Although I definitely agree that those tanks need a new texture, as I mentioned in an earlier post though, I think they were ment to resemble a 55 gal. drum. What's more Kerbal than strapping an oil drum to something, lighting it, and seeing if it makes orbit?

The space plane parts look terrible compared to the rocket parts, b9 will probably remake the spaceplane parts.

I just don't really see a problem with how the spaceplane parts look. to me it looks fine, but than again I'm not that overly critical when it comes to how things look. I will say though the nose for the MK3 cockpit needs to be changed to either not have a nose cone slot or be reshaped. other than that I like the rest of the parts

Actually I did, yeah, that needs a re-go too. The one in TT's pack that expanded the stock shuttle parts is pretty nice, and I believe it uses the same model. Also, I wish they'd re-do the Mk2/inline cockpit. I don't like how the window looks on there, it looks like a plastic bag more than a window, IMO.

Actually, I noticed something. Am I the only one who thinks the Mainsail needs some love? Just stick the Skipper next to it, or any other engine, the Mainsail's texture looks really bland.

Only the nozzle looks a bit odd. The Skipper has a proper heat-resistant nozzle with the right looking textures. The Mainsail obviously has a gigantic wok for a nozzle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.