New ideas and Concept art, for those who can build it! Write a review!! ;)

Wanner364

Triangles are quite strong But spheres are better as pressure vessels which every pod becomes effectively when it reaches space.

Corners in shapes are weaknesses and spheres have none which makes them better for space craft.

This is also why you only get roughly cylindrical fuel tanks in real life and in the game.

Strange, I thought the triangle was one of the strongest shapes.

Thats True, that's only for land based because of gravity.

Since there's no gravity in space everything want to go outwards or inwards in and from any directions depending on pressure. So the middle part of a straight is weaker compare to a sphere shape. The sphere shape would be stressed equally all around.

This is geeky stuff i know but hey, in Kerbylian world it is half of that...

Quote Originally Posted by ninjakids

I think a robot should have an advantage over Kerbals, like more EVA fuel, or more crash resitance, ect.

Built in parachute?

Your thinking on the wrong lines here as far as I see. First off, the kerbals don't have a parachute, nor should the robots. Second, the robots are only for exploration and or repair, not like Wall-E where they do everything. I mean, what would be the point of setting up manned missions if a robot could do it. Yes you guys will come up with some other reasons. Anyhow, I think that the robots real purpose should be that it is maintenance - for example, I set up a Munbase. Whilst its dark, the robots receive a Module - the kerbals can't do anything with it. SO the robots move the module, dock it together, attach things together and in the Munar morning, they have a new module to store snacks. I think that its a good principle but it just needs to be tamed a little, cleaned up a little, then tested.

Also, could you draw up a 2.5m similar to but not the same as habitat structure but for, well, structure please?

Ok guys just manage to get the drawings all in one place.

there's a two cockpit in one structure.

What do you think?

I don't know how it can be made either a separate parts; two cockpits and one main "link" part to two cockpits or the whole as one structure?

What particular structure are you thinking of and What the structure is for?

I need to know what it's for so then I could imagine what it could look like...

A cylindrical shape, same length, maybe antenna coming out of it, window(s) and frame like (you know, cylinder on inside with windows and stuff then bars around it)

I think it would look good if you made the robot a little shorter, like the height of a Kerbal. Otherwise, I love everything here! :)

mmm, watched Pacific Rim in the cinema last night, and thought... wow!! those robots are huge!! Awesome film by the way!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, now that im thinking about it, the robots, should have a disadvantage, like need electricty, and have built in solar panels, but you better not be on the dark side, or you will be makeing a lot of trips back to the base to recharge.

wow! I've never seen this before and never played Mass Effect either! looks smart!!

I used to play Halo on the xbox, when i noticed how the suspension works on their 4x4 warthog vehicle, thats where i got it from. thanks for the post though!

Edited by Wanner364

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.