What do you guys think of the Mun's new surface?

bigdad84

I think it looks far too uniform, but I also think it's an improvement. I think if they put more variability in them then they have something.

Which either has already happened as a surprise or will take a while until the next mandatory-save-breaking update.

I think static pictures look really cool, even tho it needs some tuning (in terms of color and sizes). But when I watched it in motion in all those videos, it looked so weird when LODs are being loaded and you see craters and their edges appear magically and somewhat glitchy. That looks seriously bad IMO, especially in low orbit when moving fast above the surface. Hope it can be fixed in future.

I think it's gonna make my kethane operations much harder. There's no good flat spots to land! And I gotta land a lot of equipment for the kethane operations I'm running. I gotta refuel the massive ship it all went out there on so I can push to Jool next. I already put a probe out to Ike to see if it had any good deposits (the answer: no. No big ones easily accessible from equatorial orbit.). The new Mun surface will make the Mun a heck of a first stop.

My .21 sneak peek features a Mun landing if anyone wants to get a better look :)

Were you messing with the roll during the rocket boost, or is the new ASAS logic still unable to use the torque potential of clustered engines to hold roll attitude of a rocket?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.