[WIP] Space Launch System (SLS) and ORION (MPCV)

Stevincent

Ok just finished the render, these are just temporary textures, I did them this afternoon, but I had to have something for school. The animation isnt very goo either. But oh well what can you do in one day. LOL. Something funky happened to the UV's when i baked them, Ill have to fix that problem there is some stretching that wasnt there before. Oh and I know the scale is off way off, but the moon and earth are pretty much to scale.

Edited by Stevincent

Have you thought about what you were going to do, technical wise? I know KSP modders have a habit of messing up SRBs, and I don't want you to do the same. Most SRBs that I've used run out of fuel before I even start the gravity turn, but the truth is, they last far longer than that. They're supposed to push the rocket up to at least the second level of the atmosphere. I hope you'll do the same. I also hope that you won't include the second stage with the J-2X engines on the crew block of the SLS.

probbably going to make it so its whatever your flag is.

That would be good. I would like to have parts that have the FlagDecal component already integrated into them, so I don't have to manually add flags when I want them.

How are we going with this I understand you have school any eta yet

I intended on getting out a working version of the mod out over my school break but I've been having a myriad of computer issues, which has led to me building an entirely new computer. I am looking at getting a beta release out of the mod which will include everything but the Orion, so Ill be working on that.

I think I will start a project for making Boeing's concept of the reusable lunar lander which will be able to be used with this mod.

Sounds Great!! Fire a link over here to your wip thread once you've started.

Sounds Great!! Fire a link over here to your wip thread once you've started.

Thanks, I will! The problem is that I've just started to learn modelling so it will take a while but I can spend a lot of time familiarizing myself in it and working on a project.

• 2 weeks later...
Any word on a update for this bad boy? It fell a bit of the edge of the earth there...

I wish I had some good news, Im prototyping for Planetside 2 right now, and that is taking a lot of my time. I havent abandoned the project. But I have all the modeling done, for the most part, if someone wants to take over getting them into KSP and has good experience just let me know.

Can you tell me the diameters of the parts of the SLS tank? I'd like to start working on the 'boeing mod'. The concept also contains a lunar space station which would be the base for the lander between missions but SLS Block 2 could take Orion and the lander on Apollo type missions as well.

Anyway this is what I'd like to do:

Z51-350x231.jpg

IM+2011-12-05+a+las+11.46.22.png

Edited by Reddragon

Can you tell me the diameters of the parts of the SLS tank? I'd like to start working on the 'boeing mod'. The concept also contains a lunar space station which would be the base for the lander between missions but SLS Block 2 could take Orion and the lander on Apollo type missions as well.

Anyway this is what I'd like to do:

-snip-

That lander reminds me of the Russian one... whatever it's name was...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.