[WIP] Space Launch System (SLS) and ORION (MPCV)

Stevincent

:0.0:

I WANT! Now imagine the F-1 with that kimd of detail, and you have pure awesome.

I live in Texas, and got to stand next to one of those beasts at the Johnson Space Center.

It was so cool!

Let me be the first to say, that looks like the real thing! Now, we need the J-2X, the new F-1, and the rest of the craft :D

Just keep working on it!

:0.0:

I WANT! Now imagine the F-1 with that kimd of detail, and you have pure awesome.

I live in Texas, and got to stand next to one of those beasts at the Johnson Space Center.

It was so cool!

Let me be the first to say, that looks like the real thing! Now, we need the J-2X, the new F-1, and the rest of the craft :D

Just keep working on it!

Im actually going to build the F-1 for this pack but it wont be added till the other things are done. I figure since they are testing for potential use with the SLS I may as well build it too. So expect F-1 greatness from this. Im so jealous I want to stand next to an F-1 such a fine piece of engineering.

Im actually going to build the F-1 for this pack but it wont be added till the other things are done. I figure since they are testing for potential use with the SLS I may as well build it too. So expect F-1 greatness from this. Im so jealous I want to stand next to an F-1 such a fine piece of engineering.

The Johnson Space Center is awesome (mainly the Saturn V building). The Saturn V is actually a restored model. They left it outside so long that it just corroded away. It looks so awesome now though. They painted it and everything! But the F-1, you can just go up and touch it (I wouldn't recommend it, unless you like getting your hands burned!), and see all the piping and engine works. It is one of the coolest machines ever! Imagine having to be the RSO and having to blow it up after an abort. Would be sad, but would be one hell of a fireworks display (Jeb would be happy).

Haha do us a favor, DONT actually do this, we want to be able to use your work. :confused:

Dont worry I didnt, I already fixed and re UV'd it just have to re-generate the maps, about done UVing the core fule tank, and then Ill have to texture that but it should take too long its just a black and white and a flag. So hopefully testing will begin soon on this stage.

yeah I know 18 gets the job done and saves me polys.

Considering that the engines are high texture (REALLY high texture, and don't change that! :)), I think we can let the 18 side thing slip for now :)

Anyway, amazing work on the core tank! I think this is to be the mod that finally does justice to the SLS after IFE!

Keep up the work, this is the coolest replica mod ever!

Looking over the thread, amazing work! Maybe you could teach me something when it comes to creating good textures :P

Well Im probably the wrong person to ask this, but solid photoshop skills goes a long way, properly laid out UV's and an eye for detail. In photoshop I work with layers and masks, I always work lossless I hate adding things I cant undo like levels or saturation so I use adjustment layers. I am not great at hand painting textures so most of my stuff I use photo references, its just finding good ones or taking your own which you can sample and overlay. Though I am starting to get better at hand painting textures its just something you have to practice doing. I am new to texturing I've only been doing it for a couple months. But a good place to start is looking up how to use ambient occlusion maps to assist in texture creating gives your texture map a bit more depth and an idea where to put things. Hope that helped =P

on another note here is a better render of the core stage.

0cToAwM.jpg?2

How many parts do you think this will be? Judging from the design for the SLS, I am going to guess around 35-50 parts. That would be nice.

Not sure but that sounds about right, maybe a lil less than that. Like for instance should the core stage be two parts or one? I'd like to make the F-1 engine base. We will see, I guess its something I will have to figure out. Im new to unity and will be jumping into tonight for the first time. So wish me luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.