Custom Control Pad + Sneak Peek video

L.J. Silver

Will there be an option for pc?? It would be nice to also be able to use this on a second monitor to be able to de-clutter the ksp window. I think that this is a great mod, especially if you have a tablet (not yet for me), but would be nice to be able to use on second monitor, or different machine (laptop) etc....

While working on it, we reached the same conclusion why not make it also for pc ?! So yes, we are working on that too, it will come a little bit after android version (as touch screens are mostly on IOS and Android) but yes, it will come to pc too.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Ok, quick question,if I was looking to beta test, what sort of info would I need to send?

Great thanks for your interest blueshark15, we have already assigned all beta slots we had for KSP users (we don't have many available and CCP supports a ton of apps and games...). BUT we are soon going to extend the beta program (for version 1.1) and at that point your name will be taken into mind.

Originally Posted by Asdpyro

You should team up with Forum user "Trueborn". I would love to see all of the gauges from the "steam gauges mod" implemented into this. I love the steam gauges mod but it just clutters up the screen too much. Having them on another screen via a tablet would be a great improvement.

A Scott manly video of steam gauges:

The Steam Gauges Forum Thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...Release-Thread

If i understand L.J.Silver's intent(he is the owner of this mod, i am just one of many testers) You could create your own layouts and import them into this tool and use them, so the sky is really the limit for what you want this to look like.

We are working on a general way to make gauges and other kind of information displays very customizable and extendable. As toyoawolf pointed out our goal is to be able to replicate almost all kind of GUI on CCP on the mobile device. BUT this will be introduced and better described with version 1.1.

GREAT GREAT Thanks to all for your interest and feedback, and special thanks to beta testers who have been using CCP and reporting about it.

Will there be an option for pc?? It would be nice to also be able to use this on a second monitor to be able to de-clutter the ksp window. I think that this is a great mod, especially if you have a tablet (not yet for me), but would be nice to be able to use on second monitor, or different machine (laptop) etc....

Just a thought / with.

good luck with this great looking mod.....

I totally second that, and a Windows 8 touch version would be ideal too, because W8 tablets are now on the market (not Windows RT). Great work. First time ever I see a project that really benefits from touch screens, and make them useful. :)

While working on it, we reached the same conclusion why not make it also for pc ?! So yes, we are working on that too, it will come a little bit after android version (as touch screens are mostly on IOS and Android) but yes, it will come to pc too.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Great thanks for your interest blueshark15, we have already assigned all beta slots we had for KSP users (we don't have many available and CCP supports a ton of apps and games...). BUT we are soon going to extend the beta program (for version 1.1) and at that point your name will be taken into mind.

We are working on a general way to make gauges and other kind of information displays very customizable and extendable. As toyoawolf pointed out our goal is to be able to replicate almost all kind of GUI on CCP on the mobile device. BUT this will be introduced and better described with version 1.1.

GREAT GREAT Thanks to all for your interest and feedback, and special thanks to beta testers who have been using CCP and reporting about it.

Really good news. Thanks. I am looking forward to using this. Good luck with your coding and testing.

I totally second that, and a Windows 8 touch version would be ideal too, because W8 tablets are now on the market (not Windows RT). Great work. First time ever I see a project that really benefits from touch screens, and make them useful. :)

Why not Rt? Some of us would love this on a surface.

Why not Rt? Some of us would love this on a surface.

True, why not :) ... We are committed to bring CCP on most possible platforms, but can't assure you anything, a lot will depend on customer response etc (plus if microsoft where to sell a little bit more of their RT would surely help :( ).

I know all of the current beta slots are full but when you open more please consider my name for one. Thanks.

Sure ! iOs or Android ?

And congratulations for your mods, especially the tribute to Copenhagen Suborbitals, love that company !

Well i can't speak to the legality of it but the usual rule applies, you don't want it then don't buy it. There are tons of apps out there for table top games like D&D and you pay for them, how is this any different.

Agreed. I look at it this way. I have a Logitec G13 game pad. While the device costs, the templates for hundreds of games do not. This is an app for and external device. If the app devs want to charge (and I would) it's their call. Now charging for the template the app displays, that's pushing it (legally speaking :P )!

Great idea BTW!

I have been a long, LONG time hater of all things Apple....but seeing this actually makes me want an ipad!

Awesome work!

I often have my SAMSUNG tablet in front of me while I game. To have this kind of interaction, love it!

Now charging for the template the app displays, that's pushing it (legally speaking :P )!

This won't happen, we are actually doing our best to allow users to share theyr "Layouts" (or templates) with other users, together with the application you will have some default layouts for most common applications and "partner games" (x3 just added), plus we will provide some GUI skins for them (neutral, metal, spaceship , Star Trek etc). But users will be able to modify them, create new ones and share them with other users at no additional charge

We are also working with other developers to soon have a free version of the app which users can use with some games and apps free of charge (our API allows for an application to send and display a layout on CCP app running on mobile device).

And, while we don't yet have a release date, we have decided to release the app at a very special price for the first days, so that the various forum users from ksp community (and other games as well) can get at it at super discounted price.

Great thanks for the feedback !

I have an iOS device and a windows 7 desktop and a MacBook Air. Whichever setup you want me to test is fine. My Mac is usually stock and my desktop usually has a 7 gig game data folder.... And it still runs fast. God I love my computers, they are the bestest friends that anyone could have.

PS thanks, I like CS too. I am fascinated by their approach to rocketry. I am also working on the Delta IV, the Compact Rocketry Pack and Hooligan Lab's Submarine Beta. Check them out.

• 2 weeks later...

V52Aw8El.png

sorry for the big delay in replies but we have been extravagantly busy lately. The above screenshot is the new KSP layout including virtual joysticks !

We are figuring out some issues with joystick driver on windows but it should not take much longer, as soon as we have solved them a new beta version will ship so that you can enjoy the new feature :)

I'm at unite conference at the moment, so will not be able to work much until next week, but expect more cool features soon..

Great thanks for all the feedback and comments and please keep them coming .

Lol, I'm right there with you. I'm hoping they'll do a W8 version, or I'll have to see if I can run the android version on my surface.

Unfortunately I flip flop between OSes - currently have an iPhone but an Android tablet. I like to think I've got the best of both worlds but really I'm just (rather uncomfortably) straddling the fence. Do you have a Surface that runs on an Intel CPU? If so, you *might* be able to run the Android SDK and then this app within it. I'm not certain of if the SDK has full access to bluetooth/wifi though - it's been a while since I've played around with it. Might be worth investigating, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.